test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Phantom Archer

I am trying to get advice on what kind of character the Phantom Archer is, so that I can give him to one of my concepts, what may also help is knowing what kind of say Silver AT the Phantom Archer would compliment powers wise. Can anyone give me a thought on the issue please?

Comments

• themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    We never got any info on the character from Cryptic and he doesn't exist in the PnP. He is an archer though.
    Post edited by themightyzenith on
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • peripeteiaperipeteia Posts: 39 Arc User
    So I should make him my Archers pet?
  • bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    While themightyzenith is correct that we have no real information about the Phantom Archer, that name suggests something supernatural. If you have a character with some type of magical background, perhaps the Phantom Archer could be a summoned spirit, even the ghost of an heroic archer from the past. For that last concept, my suggestion would be Peter Tanfield of England, the first Scarlet Archer (there have been three successive official characters who used that identity), who fought domestic crime as well as the Axis during the Second World War. Tanfield was an exceptional archer, using a variety of "gimmick" arrows, as well as a skilled hand-to-hand fighter.

Tanfield is written up in Golden Age Champions, a PnP source book for Champions Universe characters and events just before, during, and just after WW II, as well as general advice for PnP supers games set in that era.
  • heartstringsk3heartstringsk3 Posts: 149 Arc User
    We never got any info on the character from Cryptic and he doesn't exist in the PnP. He is an archer though.

Actually, every "lockbox show-off NPC" has a bio you can talk to them to read.

Unfortunately, I don't really remember his, and this game doesn't have a supported wiki where someone might've posted it. So as far as I'm aware, the bios are gone for good. :/
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    AKSHYUALLY!

Yeah, I know that. This one was pretty non-existent.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • peripeteiaperipeteia Posts: 39 Arc User
    Teenager and Olympic Archery hopeful Jerome Williams was having a normal day, eating a normal lunch, when his high school was invaded by an army of ghosts.

While his other classmates ran, Jerome stood fast and battled the creatures as best he could, unfortunately sacrificing his own life to save many others.

But that wasn't the end of his story. The Guardian of the Other Side saw Jerome's bravery, and gave him a second chance.

Now, with one foot in each world, Jerome battles the mysteries of the beyond as the Phantom Archer.

• bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    Any idea why his high school was invaded by an army of ghosts? Sounds like interesting plot potential: justification for Jerome being given "a second chance," foreshadowing of future events, seed of a nemesis, etc.