test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Help With Heavy Weapons Build - Sync

I am looking to use heavy weapons and be able to main tank while also having the ability to switch to dps when tank is not needed and still do decent damage. It's extremely hard to figure it out for me what would be good for both. I am not sure it is possible but so far I have this build. I am extremely squishy but the damage is high. I want to be able to tank first and dps second if I have to, but when I switch to dps role I would like it to at least be decent damage. Help me please!

https://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=35&n=HW - DPS MESS&d=11370WFAQdEa0670s0H000H503H800H204HD03HH05HA0CH6032D002Q00K503NK01H700JT033bDC2MGB0dDQ10000000000&e=V291bGQgbGlrZSB0byBvcHRpbWl6ZSB0aGlzIGZvciBtYWluIHRhbmtpbmcsIGRwcywgb3IgYm90aCBpZiBwb3NzaWJsZS4gSSBhbSBhbHNvIEVYVFJFTUVMWSBzcXVpc2h5IHJpZ2h0IG5vdyBzbyBpdCBpcyBhIGJpdCBoYXJkLiA~

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    You could just make a dual passive build (using the in-game Builds tab on the character sheet to configure the two different setups' passive, role, hotkeys, devices, and/or gear), and maybe put Challenge on a situational power (or two). You can't really 'main tank' anything w/ a dps passive (well, sans vs. content that's already easy enough w/o passives) and it'll be harder to hold aggro w/o Challenge on anything. With a dual passive build, you can just swap between the Tank_Hybrid role & a defensive passive, and the Melee dps role & a dps passive, depending on what you want to do. Here's an example build:

(Unnamed Build) - Freeform (Any / Multiple)
    v3.43:35

Super Stats
    Level 6: Strength (Primary)
    Level 10: Recovery (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Devastator (Str: 10, Con: 10, Rec: 10, End: 8)
    Level 6: Paramilitary Training (Str: 3, Con: 3, Rec: 3, End: 3)
    Level 9: Relentless (Str: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 12: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 15: Physical Conditioning (Str: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 18: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)
    Level 21: Bodybuilder (Str: 5, End: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Bludgeon
    Level 1: Eruption (Magma Burst)
    Level 6: Enrage
    Level 8: Unstoppable (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Pulverizer
    Level 14: Endorphin Rush (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 17: Arc of Ruin (No Quarter, Wildfire)
    Level 20: Annihilate (Rank 2, Scorching Blade)
    Level 23: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 26: Guard (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 29: Invulnerability (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 32: Brimstone (Rank 2, Challenge!)
    Level 35: Iron Lariat (Work Up, Challenge!)
    Level 38: Aggressor
    Adv. Points: 34/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Strength: Swole (2/3)
    Strength: Physical Peak (3/3)
    Strength: Brutality (2/2)
    Strength: Juggernaut (3/3)
    Warden: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
    Warden: Elusive (2/2)
    Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (2/3)
    Mastery: Strength Mastery (1/1)

The last power is a bit more up in the air, and you can re-order the powers as you'd like.

Unstoppable is your dps passive here, while Invuln is your tanking passive. When tanking, Iron Lariat (tapped) and Brimstone (tapped or charged) can be used to put up Challenges to help hold aggro, and the Lariat can also give you an extra heal. Otherwise, for tanking or dps'ing against bosses, you put up CFlames w/ Eruption, tap Arc of Ruin to apply No Quarter, and otherwise use charged Annihilate as your main boss attack (while tapping Arc to refresh No Quarter and CFlames). Arc of Ruin can also be charged as your main AoE attack when dps'ing, while Brimstone can be your main AoE attack when tanking (taps of Arc can also debuff to boost Brimstone's dmg).

For dps'ing, it gears mostly for Str, w/ some Con and Rec. For tanking, you'll want to prioritize Con more than Str, assuming you have the extra gear options to have more optimized stats for each role.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    To do a dual passive tank/dps build you will probably want two sets of primary gear: one that stacks mostly con for tanking and the other that does str for dps. Get OV secondaries. The Def and Util piece can just have con. Get a Defender glove for tanking (never wear it while dps!) and get a Slicer glove with Str for dps. I just finished gear my dual passive dps/tank and this works well.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • syncubus#2911 syncubus Posts: 2 Arc User
    Thanks! I'll keep all this in mind. After learning more about tanks i've realized Might tree is A LOT better. I still use Arc of ruin but that's about it.
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    HW is still good, imo, but yeah Might w/ Haymaker is strong. If you still need help w/ a build, just let us know (and also detail what sort of powers/attacks you'd like, and/or if you want a dual passive approach or not, if so).
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!