test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20200512.12 - Therakiels Temple Changes/Fixes

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
edited May 2020 in PTS - The Archive
Therakiels Temple
  • Fixed an issue with Therakiels Cutscene triggering too often.
  • Fixed various occlusion issues in the New Shadows wing of the lair.
  • Added a PTS only warp option on Juryrig to go to Vibora Bay.
  • Fixed an issue where many area attacks could affect players outside of the boss room.

Bosses
  • Adjusted overall damage.

Valerian Scarlet
  • Her Soul Sigils have a wider area effect.
  • Fixed a bug where her sigils were not applying a debuff if they exploded.
  • Her Soul Beam attack will break block if too many ticks of it are blocked.
  • Now has flight.
  • Known issue: Valerian can still occasionally get stuck talking, waiting for a minute will put her into combat.

Black Fang
  • Tries to keep his target in melee more aggressively.
  • Blocking his attacks too often will give him the ability to disable blocks.
  • Summons additional Vargulf.

Baron Cimetiere
  • FX adjustments for his shield abilities.
  • Summons harder enemies at low health.
  • Curse explosion no longer affects enemies.
  • Fixed an issue where Baron would move from his island.

Vladic Dracul
  • Fixed a bug where Stakes were not removing his Curse of Black Blood effect.
  • Adjusted his Curse of Black Blood effect to deal considerably more damage to the affected player.
  • Gave him a new ranged attack that acts similarly to his Hungering Maw attack.
  • Increased targeting area for cages.
  • This fight should properly reset now if players are defeated.

Therakiel
  • Updated his Rift ability to follow players while active.
  • His Dissonance ability can now only target players.
  • Known issue: His light mechanic is still malfunctioning.
​​

Comments

• qawsadaqawsada Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    Scarlet's bomb seem to work, and vengeance tell works. mobs get buffed when needed. Things will get dicey if she teleport, then spawn both mobs and sigil, but its manageable. Scarlet moving around and flying might annoy the melee players. Her performance is overall improved.

For Fang, the cyclone has a range, so you could just go out of that range and not get hit. Also, if the tank stands where the wooden stand platform is, this increase the elevation of the boss's whip, which in turn make it so we can outright ignore the whip because we are in a lower elevation/not in the wooden platform.
    the mobs are certainly more crowded so that a plus. I like how we have to time the block for Fang's stomp or the block get disable. Mobs are more numerous, now. Fang has improved.

For Vlad, the healer complain about how the constant knockback is annoying him and figure this would make melee user harder to deal with the fight. The cage can be targetable and killed much easier this time around. Killing all cage won't respawn after you lose the fight. The curse work as intended: the tank take half the damage and vlad take half the damage. the dps's damage is effectively doing HALF the dps on Vlad. The stake work in regards to removing the curse.

Regardless, baron isn't easy to test because lolrespawn bug and we can't go through the invisible door leading to the angel, so he is out. That all I have for now

But yeah all three bosses are an upgrade compare to their last week counterpart.
    If there is one issue to take into consideration, I don't know if the community could dps the boss before **** hits the fan. I guess we would find out with the other testers.
  • poptartmaniac#8493 poptartmaniac Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    Our teams retested this whole thing after this patch, here's our notes.

Valerian Scarlet

Valerian Scarlet was absolutely perfect, the buff and fixes definitely did her justice.
    -One issue though! She keeps sliding back every 3 seconds when you tank her at melee range, it doesn't make it harder it just makes it incredibly annoying to fight her which I feel takes away from the fun of the fight.

Black Fang

Liked the changes to his mechanics, but he's still pretty useless, barely does any damage at all, and the mobs are still not enough to be a threat.
    If you do buff him please don't overdo it ;-;

Baron Cimetiere

Couple issues with this one.

- I like the visibility for the block, but they don't help the team predict what he will do, we still have to watch for the chat bubble, and it's very hard to see with everything going on.

- Very happy his disable damage was buffed but sometimes it detonates instantly after he applies it, and it blows up on everyone one shotting the dps and the healers.

- His disable still gets stuck sometimes and he'll disable the same person many times in a row. (Disclaimer I know the sigils do that we already figured out we need to move out of them I am referring to his regular disable)

- I'm all for his single target damage being buffed, but I think it was buffed a little too much, when he disables dodge tanks, they can't do anything for too long and get 1 shot.

Vladic Dracul

-people mentioned his curse was working as intended but it never once came up the times we tried it.

-Vladic's bite kept healing him even though the tanks were blocking way before hand. (And no it wasn't the tasty blood debuff you get from falling off the platform)

-Vladic's Reaper's Caress last hit is doing a stupid amount of damage on the melee dps standing behind boss, always one shotting, and he spams it like hell, leaving almost no window for attack.

-His reaper's caress is getting animation bugs where he skips the second hit entirely and goes for the third, making this even worse than it was..

-When he enraged it didn't feel like (oh this got harder) it was more like, yeah you're dead. Though I guess it woudn't be an issue if we could actually fight him and kill him before he enrages, but we can't cuz of the stuff I mentioned above.

Therakiel

Coudn't even access this one, killed the last statue but invisible wall blocking it. Think the statue is bugged.

Overall

-Yes we did ask for some buff to the damage on the bosses, but I feel like it was over-buffed, atleast for vladic and Baron. Please try to find a middle ground there or perhaps best to leave those two as they were (plus keep the new fixes to their mechanics)

-Black Fang's animations still bugged.

-I didn't want to be that guy, and I know it was very buggy but do consider keeping regular TT for those casual gamers that just want to complete their storylines or have fun with their friends. It does not need to have the same rewards.

All in all, this went from do-able but needs some work, to being a pain and not in the good way

Anyway, we are grateful you guys are actually working on this, and that we're getting new things, and I am still hopeful that this can be fixed.

Idk if you guys have deadlines but if you can, do consider delaying it's Live release if this needs more time to be worked on.

I apologize for my bad grammar.

Post edited by poptartmaniac#8493 on
  • h3r0o0o0h3r0o0o0 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    i had so much fun doing this lair, in my opinion this is the best endgame content i have seen so far!

first of all the skipping cutscenes mark was removed and we didn't find anything at Caliburn to skip them.

Valerian scarlet

she's much better than before and all of her powers works pretty well
    her damage is perfect and her mobs can 1 shot the healer if he doesn't pay attention or buff her if they didn't get killed
    the sigiles are a good addiction that you have to pay attention to
    we did this as 3 dps for a run and 2 dps as another run and both we killed her before 10m so i didn't get to see her enrage but all the dps were full geared so i think the timer should be 15m to give a chance to other people who want to do it.
    the only things that bothered us is how she consistently keep moving away from the main tank and he had to chase her around to be able to attack as well as the melee dps

Black fang

he's better than last time but his normal attack doesn't do much damage to the tank. his mobs need to be buffed a bit since they don't do much damage other than the 1/3 hp mobs. the block timing to his jumping power is perfect and you need to pay attention when to block.

Baron

this was the most fun fight of them all, it got everything it needs
    having to pay attention to his dialogue, i think there should be an option to make it bigger since it can be hard to notice.
    the swarming of zombies on the healer that either the OT have to take care of or the dps to kill them
    the disable power which deals about 2-3k when you break off or you kill your teammate if you get near him, i think the the range need to be reduced to 5ft or less to make a space for 2 melee dps
    not being able to res or self res made that fight much more fun
    there's a bug when we get him to transform and we wipe, his health doesn't reset

Vlad

the blood curse worked as intended halving the damage of the dps and spiriting it between vlad and the MT and stake can take it off.
    the third hit of his combo attack 1 shot the melee dps if not blocked and he use it almost all the time so it doesn't make it fair verses ranged dps.

no bugs so far other than the baron's one and not being able to get to therakiel due to the last statue's wall being invisible after we take him off, and sometimes at baron's entrance it randomly wrap one of us into the last respawn point
    Post edited by h3r0o0o0 on
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    The Baron's Condemn attack does not seem to have a charge time and is generally off of cooldown if the tank was in melee, so if he loses line of sight on the tank (say, with his cages, or just knockback) he will immediately turn on the next person on the threat list, which does 18k damage and heals him by 400k if not blocked. It can also heal from hitting pets. It should probably have a bit more warning.
  • The Baron's Condemn attack does not seem to have a charge time and is generally off of cooldown if the tank was in melee, so if he loses line of sight on the tank (say, with his cages, or just knockback) he will immediately turn on the next person on the threat list, which does 18k damage and heals him by 400k if not blocked. It can also heal from hitting pets. It should probably have a bit more warning.

Sorry, did you mean Vladic?
  • doggepopedoggepope Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    I liked the idea of highlighting specific suggestions and bugs from earlier, so I'll be taking it. Yoink!

GENERAL:
    I ended up going through it on my Sentinel/Manipulation dodger again out of laziness. I didn't quantify that last time, so: full Virtuous set, R7s, and a bad build (PRE prime lol). One healer, three DPS, no off-tank. This time though I was genuinely challenged, which I liked.
    • The changes to the placement of the polarity zones were good. With no way to get trapped, the fun little positional puzzles shine through. I can see the battles through the ruined hall halfway in that's full of rubble and negative zones being intense for a team of lower-powered characters. Getting bounced only does like 700 damage, though. Something like 2-3k would be punchy for the post-On Alert us without splattering smallfolk completely.
    • I'll go into more detail on this, but on a whole I really hope wireframe indicators get passed around by release. Especially to Dracul, who has a lot of things going on around him for occupying a space that's about 50% air and 50% stone pillar.
    • The cutscene skip entity wasn't there any more. I'd barely gotten to know it. :'(

VALERIAN SCARLET:
    I think her new numbers are spot on. The end of her combo could down me outright if both my defense layers failed, yet the ramp-up through the combo was enough that I had the option of letting the preceding hits slip by if I needed to. I appreciated that I had to work to defend myself throughout the fight, but the damage wasn't so serious that there was no opportunity for calculated risks.
    • Her powers have a lot more impact. Sigils can't be ignored, Minions are dangerous, Soul Beam exists again, Blinding Light is identifiable. I don't have any problems with them. On a whole they're dangerous but manageable with good play.
    • Her evasive AI is definitely a thing. As melee, I found it obnoxious until I noticed that she would come forward if I backed off. So it seems the tank can deal with it the way Kigatilik's Nether Hounds can be dealt with, but this seems like busywork micromanaging another flake-brained bot. An alternate way to make her more slippery would be increasing the frequency of her teleport - every 1/6 health?
    • Besides that, I'm very happy with this encounter!

BLACK FANG:
    A lot less intimidating than Val. I had him pegged as the "unstoppable force" of the TT bosses, but he's actually the easiest to tank! His damage and disruption are the weakest of the first four. Because our healer was quick on the draw, even our DPS could tank him in my place after Black Fang placated me.
    • I still have no idea where his Break Through occurs.
    • During his super stomp, he pulls a Black Harlequin and stands motionless until his landing animation plays. Weird graphical thing.
    • The new summons feel better choreographed. Originally, no one paid attention to the Vargulfar until it was suddenly the Berserker brigade and a DPS got lit up. Now his henchmen are a greater presence from start to finish. Good!
    • It really does feel like he's missing one more major mechanic to be on par with the others. If Oyo's evil suggestion from the last thread or similar isn't possible, with Black Fang receiving stacking benefits from nearby henchmen, what if they targeted whomever he did?

BARON CIMETIERE:
    This fight crossed the line from fun to kind of oppressive. More than the last build, it felt like we were rolling the dice until we got a favourable attempt. No specific person was at fault; we all made small, usually fatal mistakes. Though, this allowed me to see certain mechanics for how they really are. Somehow, he only cursed me a single time and I slipped free at a quiet moment. Between the detonation damage and the havoc his combo can cause, I wouldn't be confident in my survival. Having DPS with robust AoE, and being able to fit three of them in the team, is tremendous quality of life on this fight. But, even then, even on our closer attempts we barely would've had time to drop Cimetiere before he went berserk, right up until all three survived to the end in what was essentially a perfect run.
    • In a novel change from popping up at Therakiel's respawn point from Dracul's arena, we started popping up at Dracul's respawn point from Cimetiere's arena. Remaking the group and starting with a new instance stopped it from happening the one time we needed to do it. I can't say whether it's a 100% fix.
    • There's a visual tell when his far-sighted Voodoo Block is up. That's a start, though its size doesn't reflect the entire safe zone. But it's only visible by the time you would be dead if you weren't already in the safe zone.
    • How to improve it? Making it appear immediately Barring a ground indicator, some green mist and/or screen overlay that comes in everywhere except the safe area, like a more subtle Grond Clone badzone. A player will surely look back and think "Obviously, standing in this angry green ##!# is why I died."
    • Making his Circle of Curses another colour would help to avoid it blending in with his other special effects. (like the new visual cue for his far-sighted block - oops) This one would fit nicely.
    • One of our teammates experienced an issue with Cimetiere's speech bubbles not showing up on their screen at all, even before he became enraged.
    • His cursebomb would be hindrance enough just for being a long, unblockable Don't Act that explodes, but add more damage and blast radius, sprinkle with five people crowding together around a reflective shield, one of which can't defend themselves at all and however many more under fire from adds, and season with a Circle of Curses to taste, and it becomes a disaster cake. Nobody ever went to 50% health, or 30% - they were at 95% or 0%, and usually two to a time. I don't mind the bomb being dangerous, but if death is going to be final, dangerous mechanics can't be overlapping like this or eventually it results in unsolvable combinations the way Eidolon of Destruction was doing. @nbkxs had it exact: the bomb needs to disable when his block comes otherwise you can't be safe.
      * It'd also be an incredible help to get a wireframe or something around the victim so we can know with clarity how to place ourselves. Matter of fact, I'd be pretty darn happy if it just had all the tells from that one QWZ Slug attack that also isolated you from your team.
    • Transcendence works over Hallowed Ground. We did notice it's tagged as an Ultimate but not a Revive, so that's probably how it slipped by.

VLADIC DRACUL:
    Well, he was definitely more deadly when his combo finisher yeeted both of the melee DPS at once. This was the hardest fight to do with only one tank, and I'm hesitant to make sweeping suggestions because our team composition was a sort of challenge run, but I can say: it's frustrating how little control you have over it when it seems leaving close quarters as his target is so deadly. Condemnation begins, his combos destroy the rest of your team, I guess he only summons bats at a distance which are life-ending when the person he picks is you. . . yeesh!
    • We got lucky in that, again, I was almost never the one he locked down. As Pantagruel noted his ranged life-stealing attack comes with a hair trigger. Not pleasant given the various ways he can relocate the tank outside his line of sight. Thankfully his cages don't reset at all when destroyed, so after a few wipes the knockback was all I had left to deal with.
    • His Serene Abyss blast could use a wireframe. We couldn't always see him bringing his arms in underneath all the stuff we were putting on him.
    • Targeting the cages is much easier now. There's that.

THERAKIEL:
    Unknown. A sticky barrier kept us from getting in.
    Post edited by doggepope on
    More commentary:
    • There are a lot of small terrain obstacles in TT which make it difficult to move about with ground travel powers. Combining that the Baron (where you need to keep spread out and be quick about moving) is a bit obnoxious. Possibly make some of the terrain objects not have collision.
    • Speaking of ground travel powers, some of the cages in Vladic's area are not in melee combat range of the floor.
    • There is apparently at least one cage that Vladic has line of sight on a contained victim; if he cages the tank, that basically means a bunch of unavoidable healing as he hits the tank with Condemn, and the tank cannot block.
  • oyo32oyo32 Posts: 141 Arc User
    The lair is a lot more challenging now, which is good! However in bumping up the difficulty, it's also introduced some instances of unfairness and has brought out and made more apparent some weak points in each of the fights.

I've been through v2 of this lair a couple times now, mostly as a tank. It's definitely worth nothing that in all of the runs I tanked, I performed both the MT and OT roles at the same time. My tank is the standard STR/Con Defiance build, though he is nearly almost maxed geared with R9 mods.

General
    • For the most part, I'm pretty overall satisfied with the adjusted boss damage. They hit hard enough so that the healer has some work to do, but not hard enough that the MT is stuck behind block for 95% of the fight. It's in a very nice sweet spot.
    • It's possible for the MT and OT roles to be fulfilled by one tank, allowing for a party composition of: 1 Tank, 1 Healer, 3 DPS. That being said, it definitely is a significant challenge to have 1 tank fulfill all the tanking duties here. Personally I like the idea of a great tank and great healer being able to work together to squeeze another DPS into the party. It's very much like running a Healer+OT player for TA Epic. Obviously, running a separate MT and OT makes these fights much easier and less stressful and is how I'm going to recommend most groups attempt TT Epic with. I only bring up this point, since the intended design of this lair is a party composition of 1 MT, 1 OT, 1 Healer, 2 DPS and whether or not dropping the OT role here is something the devs will allow to happen is something I'm unsure of. Personally I would strongly recommend to keep a 1 tank team composition as an option for players who really want that extra challenge.
    • Enrages are now actual enrages and can frickin' hurt. That being said, I do have some concerns over whether not 10 minutes is too short. Now that the bosses hit harder and have more mechanics to interrupt DPS, Enrage may end up being a significant issue to undergeared players and ATs. I believe the devs on the discord mentioned that this lair is being designed for a Merc's/Heroics gear standard as the bare minimum? This is mostly speculation at this point, but something to keep in mind.
    • The cutscene skip interact is now missing.

Valerian Scarlet
    Val actually does things that matter now! Huzzah! Aside from her AI still bugging out and not activating immediately, I think Val's fight as is makes for a good starter fight. I really only have two suggestions:
    • Val's mechanic where she summons circular AoEs on players that they have to dodge should happen more often throughout the fight. Personally, I think it's a fun little mechanic but unfortunately in all of my runs of TT Epic she only seems to do this when she's almost dead.
    • Val continually moving away from her main target is a bit annoying; personally I could do without this movement and would recommend she stop it. I think Vlad bullies the melee enough, so have some mercy on the poor souls.

Black Fang
    Eh....I really don't have much to say about this fight still. He still is the easiest encounter in the lair. The changes here did make him harder, but it didn't feel like it by much. In all of my TT Epic runs, he is the one encounter we never wiped to.
    • I'm gonna repeat my suggestion from the previous thread just because with the increased add spawns now could add the significant challenge he is missing. Give Fang a stacking defensive buff that scales with the amount of mobs in close proximity to him. This would could also serve as a significant roadblock for parties attempting a 1 tank run, as the MT would be unable to just round up all the adds on Fang like they can now.

Baron Cimitiere
    This time around Baron was much harder, but not in a good way. I'll go into more detail below, but the short of it is that Baron can feel like a very downright unfair fight at times. A lot of times it felt like we were just rolling the slot machine, hoping for a good run of RNG where Baron's AI didn't decide to yeet the healer or DPS with a disable curse into voodoo block wombo combo. For a fight where there is no rezzing, death comes way too easily.

Baron's most problematic mechanic that causes the most trouble is that he can disable/snare a person right before he does an In/Out voodoo block. This can result in "unsolvable mechanic" in one of two ways: 1.) Since the player's TP will be disabled, this usually leads into a very easy and unavoidable death if they can't get to where they need to be quick enough. 2.) If the voodoo block is in and the player manages to get to Baron in time by some miracle....well now you have a ticking time bomb that's being forced to stand next to everyone else and Baron's reflective shield.
    • Something needs to be done about Baron being able to curse a player and then immediately do his voodoo block mechanic. This is a very vague suggestion I know, but there are many ways of handling this. The easiest would probably be to add a check; if a player is cursed directly by Baron then he can't do a block until they're free. (I specifically exclude being cursed by the voodoo patch he drops since there should be a punishment for ignoring a mechanic like that.)
    • Speaking of the voodoo patch: The voodoo patch Baron will occasionally drop on his target needs a more distinct tell and telegraph sign. Slowing down his charge/animation for this move would also be greatly appreciated. Like Grond's acid patches from TA Epic, the MT does have control over where these get placed, which is good! The problem is he uses the same animation as his random disable curse, and it comes out quite fast. The end result is usually a voodoo patch being dropped right smack dab on Baron before the MT is aware that it was even coming. This can be really awkward if you're running two melee DPS, and can be a real nuisance if he does an In voodoo block, as the patch will really eat up a lot of safe space. This is a good punishment for an inattentive MT (just like bad acid patch placement against Grond is), but in the chaos of the fight MTs will definitely need a better tell and more time to correctly position these patches.
    • After a wipe occurs, the zombie adds should be removed and should not start spawning again until Baron is engaged. Right now it seems like they stick around after a wipe, which can make starting the fight harder as you'll already have a ton of zombies out and scattered around from the previous attempt.
    • Sometimes, albeit rarely, it's possible to end up respawning at the respawn point in Vlad's wing from Baron's boss room.
    • After wiping, there's a chance Baron's HP will not be resorted to full and instead stay at the amount it was at when the last team member dies.

Vladic Dracul
    Vlad's definitely harder now, and was a big challenge to try and solo tank (though that's on us for making it harder than it needed to be). Going through this fight once more has brought up some new thoughts and issues. Vlad's new ranged lifesteal definitely problematic as it is currently implemented.
    • Vlad's ranged lifesteal gets its own point entirely. I understand this is an anti-range mechanic to discourage ranged tanks from cheesing him from a distance, but as it is right now it can be pretty unfair. It comes out very fast (which means you have to be blocking before he uses it to negate the lifesteal effect) and Vlad is very eager to use it. Also, if he hits a pet with it, it will activate the lifesteal effect. Vlad's ranged lifesteal attack definitely needs a longer charge time.
    • What's worse is that Vlad can cage the MT in a cage that is still within his LoS. It can be rare, but when it happens it equates to a free immediate lifesteal that no one can do anything about. Vlad should be unable to use his lifesteal against caged targets, or every cage should be positioned to make sure it is out of Vlad's LoS.
    • To compensate for a more tamed ranged lifesteal, Vlad should get another anti-ranged mechanic. My suggestion is maybe a strong instant knock-to that disables TPs and/or block. He will be unable to use this move against caged players for obvious reasons.
    • It's still possible for Vlad to bug out after wiping and resetting. Just like before he will do nothing and will not die if his HP hits 0. However this happens at a much rarer rate than it did before. In all of the wipes we had to Vlad, he only bugged out once.
    • The cages in Vlad's arena still do not respawn after a wipe. (Though this is a blessing in disguise for now.)

Therakiel
    Therakiel is currently inaccessible due to an invisible wall in his wing. So unfortunately I have nothing to report about Therakiel at this time.
    AOyJ2f6.png
  • rainier6rainier6 Posts: 6 Arc User

We like the above posters like you are trying to make TT a dungeon that the tank isn't block locked, and the healer isn't healer locked. We like being able to take a hit, and blocking the multiple "booms" tells and some of the attacks.

However we represent the other side of the coin, our tank isn't special do both roles / R9 mods / meta / or game glitching build

Contrary to the other groups: Black Fang seemed the appropriate level of damage.

Val might have been doable, the blocking was getting a little high for the normal attacks. The bigger problem was the flight where she floated in to the black nothingness of the cave and couldn't be seen, sometimes dropping to the ground. A bit hard to track for us now with flight, or seeing with effects on her. Pushing the fight back to the block-lock, spam heal and hope level

Barron we couldn't find an off tank for, so couldn't test really well But we did get a bad bug

BARON BUG: Damage through block, no dots no attacks

[9:23] [Combat (Self)] Baron Cimetiere deals 4402 (4565) Dimensional Damage to you with Voodoo Block.
    [9:23] [Combat (Self)] Baron Cimetiere deals 4949 (5112) Dimensional Damage to you with Voodoo Block.

Tank was just testing damage level while blocking, no one else was even in the room to make a dot, their shield doesn't do damage. Essentially insta death glitch.

• zwakkas1zwakkas1 Posts: 2 Arc User
    rainier6 wrote: »
    We like the above posters like you are trying to make TT a dungeon that the tank isn't block locked, and the healer isn't healer locked. We like being able to take a hit, and blocking the multiple "booms" tells and some of the attacks.

However we represent the other side of the coin, our tank isn't special do both roles / R9 mods / meta / or game glitching build

Contrary to the other groups: Black Fang seemed the appropriate level of damage.

Val might have been doable, the blocking was getting a little high for the normal attacks. The bigger problem was the flight where she floated in to the black nothingness of the cave and couldn't be seen, sometimes dropping to the ground. A bit hard to track for us now with flight, or seeing with effects on her. Pushing the fight back to the block-lock, spam heal and hope level

Barron we couldn't find an off tank for, so couldn't test really well But we did get a bad bug

[9:23] [Combat (Self)] Baron Cimetiere deals 4402 (4565) Dimensional Damage to you with Voodoo Block.
    [9:23] [Combat (Self)] Baron Cimetiere deals 4949 (5112) Dimensional Damage to you with Voodoo Block.

Tank was just testing damage level while blocking, no one else was even in the room to make a dot, their shield doesn't do damage. Essentially insta death glitch.

Uhh.... you realize in baron when he says "Keep your distance" you go close to him + blocking or you get instant death "Come closer" You have to go far and block or die instant.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,425 Arc User
    Just wondering. Have any people tried running it with an entire team of decently geared ATs? If so, how did it go?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    edited June 2020
    rainier6 wrote: »

As of now some of the bosses need fixes, we ran TT with Kaiserin to fix it so it's still a bit undoable even for us.
    However from what I gather from your post it's not an issue with builds, I don't think you need meta or r9 to do this.
    I think you guys went into an endgame lair without knowledge or preparation and you coudn't get past the mechanics. but it's okay because hopefully when this is fixed and comes out we could help you.
  • rainier6rainier6 Posts: 6 Arc User
    As of now some of the bosses need fixes, we ran TT with Kaiserin to fix it so it's still a bit undoable even for us.
    However from what I gather from your post it's not an issue with builds, I don't think you need meta or r9 to do this.
    I think you guys went into an endgame lair without knowledge or preparation and you coudn't get past the mechanics. but it's okay because hopefully when this is fixed and comes out we could help you.

Yup, that's why we are running in and doing random stuff, to find what's not working and report. Same as last time, we didn't expect to "win", just went into break stuff and see what was up evaluate what we could with whoever was online in our "club of people". Everyone was endgame ready / played all of it (yes Eldy), we just restricted ourselves (purposely) with more lighter non-epic / still capable builds and slotting. Testing with builds/equipment we don't have seemed silly. Since we have no reference and probably won't be playing the lair with it.

We're not running with the Devs so they'll have to debug our bugs for the "oh this is boss mechanic X and the players didn't see the thing / or it wasn't working right". We don't have any info which is posted in the last posts, which is why reported what we though didn't seem right.

So RE Barron: Nope he didn't do an obvious thing, and nope it didn't one shot the tank, it just really hurt and seemed unfair/buggy .. and would one shot everyone else even blocking.

Things like Val going from "we can lock her on an island" to "nope we can't see her now she can fly" seem important to us too ;P

Also helps with the question above "what happens when the ATs play TT", so we can partially answer Jaaz's question
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Just wondering. Have any people tried running it with an entire team of decently geared ATs?
    If so, how did it go?

Con/Invuln tank could handle Fang itself, Val was a bit on the high side but the like we said "I cast 5k magic missile from the darkness" (or covered in cages/aoes) was the problem. Black NPC in a black cave problems. Baron they last about 15 seconds doing everything once the healer plopped on the floor, but expected (just wanted to see if he hit for 1k or 20k now). Not sure how our healer will shuffle both tanks + mechanics.

Radiant style healing (PRE/Seraphim/etc.) was fairly easy the pre-patch, but fell over easy to any damage. Not dying Improved once we got base mechanics down. We'll have to get them back in and test chains/sigils damage again to fully answer the question. Real problem was the bosses/adds going after them was really a problem since they were squish the first time. We really don't expect a positive improvement with "more damage" since lesser content can insta-kill the radiant fairly quick with rando-agro so we didn't re-test with healing auras.

Obvious statement: Switching from Seriphim buffs on the healer helped bit, going even more FF healers dominate easier, cause of option for having the "perfect choice" and switching buff. (? DUH ?)

Our DPS did OK, but we chose one of the more sturdy ones, They didn't do the "DPS math" very well to see how long it would take, but there's lots of resistance and DPS'ing for them to do, making the next spot the trouble point for the AT party

Theoretically we never decided what to do with the 5th spot (Tank/Off/DPS/Healer/???), needing both a healer/rever to pick people up and add buffs and a DPS to beat the timer or just go faster. Same was true for Telious though. Problem defiantly doubles up now with enrage timer + harder adds (Barron!). :expressionless: Give the all AT party have a 6th party slot, then we might be fine :pensive:

Small things like Rev potions removed from existence don't help AT life here. Even with changes AT heals are laughable for solo content. Changes to game are not helping here, even shifting to Pay-to-win side. Like pop-tarts said, usually we just pull a hired gun who wanted to show off / help if we wanted a rare Telious however many years ago.
    edited June 2020
    You misunderstood my post, we ran with kaiserin because she wanted to see the bugs herself and take notes.
    We didn't have her debugging or anything like that.

As for the AT thing, I'm certain a good tank AT and dps AT can run it, i'm not sure about the support AT's as i've never played one but from what I have heard from most people is that the support ones are not very good, I think they may get overwhelmed by the mobs.

Also I agree valerian's part is a little too dark could barely see there. even with bloom on high and all that. unless I put my brightness high but it just makes everything white.

For Baron, I think kai will fix the visuals and tells for his block, they're a bit odd right now, It is not like his traditional block, instead of just reflecting damage, it now also kills people within it's range, so if he says "come closer" run away if he says "keep your distance" stay close, or you will take all that heavy damage you mentioned there. that's the mechanic.

still, every tester is appreciated, and it's nice to have more people putting out the bugs and issues they find ^^

A mind as a healer might be adequate, though you'd have to be on your toes. I wouldn't want to try a radiant.
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    I would second that the Mind AT could be durable considering the amount of CC they have (ego storm should make short work of zombies and wolves), ego leech, and AoRP being a thing. As for the Radiant, did you take the sigil? That should stealth you while you heal. And then there are all the other AT Healers, which you should make them DPS/Healer hybrid as the 5th slot, provided that the two DPS slot are fill with DPSers. They have some DPS while helping the main healer. Many of the DPS ATs shouldn't have a problem considering each of them has a heal of some form, an AoE, a CC, and a power main attack.
  • I'm kinda curious if the stealth sigils actually work on zombies, not sure if they are marked as tough but I'm aware the "tough" mobs have stealth sight and such.
    I suspect sigils will work fine as zombie bait, but they may not live long enough. They also provide a fair amount of healing and damage resistance.
This discussion has been closed.