What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is this balanced?

2»

Comments

• colonelwingcolonelwing Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    snip

Eh, Kanger? You fought his force cascade build and only attacked him when his AD was down + teleported around like a real noob in all fights. Hope has blue gear with r5 mods last i checked... quit trying to derail the thread by spreading false information. Tyvm
    Here is a prime example of a non noob (ab)using shadow strike:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbUAewgAVDg
  • bigshad24bigshad24 Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    bigshad24 wrote: »
    snip

Proof and more info on that, Please?

incase you haven't noticed, this game Has this thing Called "Freeform" so it could be used for any powerset, like Brick, heavy weapons, as well, Bestial, that is melee BTW and can be even used for as a healer too... FYI

You grasping for Straws there, just soo you know.

Thank you for the correction... good to see you can be right about something for once.

well frankly it enough since you will have An EU anyway, it just acts as a backup when someone dodges, to me, To Me, that makes no sense to me but whatever...

yeah, we already fought but he had a tank passive. soo lol.

Wtf are you on about talking about kanger, we haven't fought since christmas event.

https://youtu.be/lDmKod5RmA0

WOW, That looks like a lie... You lying now? LOL
    like why would you lie about that is beyond me, Really you shouldn't have replied, at all really, but whatever... this only proves you want Shadow Strike nerfed for yourself, and only that sadly...

Btw, none of your arguments give good reason as to why ss SHOULDN'T be nerfed. And you won't even duel my ss so... w/e

You making excuse for yourself, and

like we know Stealth doesn't Work in PVP... like At all, so that would mean.

something would have to fall... or something will have to give? Stealth mods seem like a possibility, or they nerf MSA, I mean it does give energy when not even in combat, and scale with the one thing that Goes against Night warrior, the LAST Thing anyone cares for right now is PVP content within CO... because there is no reason behind it unless it fun, But the last time I check Having over 12k of HP doesn't really seem fun unless you are a tank of course, but it amazes me, on how much you will go for to want this One power to be nerfed... And you kinda the only one here...

You know why?: because WE don't want The Devs to Mess with powers anymore unless well they buffing it, then again not even that I guess... xS

We Are happier if they just make New Powers, something yall not asking for here BTW.

they messed with a lot of stuff within this game during the past years to the point it could be the reason why this game is in the shape it is now, but you DON'T see that though.

like who knows for PVE, For we might know we could just be messing it up if this nerf was to hit, Cosmics, lot of endgame Content, also Revamp Content that again could be made to be complex as Heck to enforce Teamwork, when there is no such thing as Real Teamwork, like LOL look at how Teleiosaurus is being done these days, Guess you DON'T see that either!

and the devs don't seem like they Don't know what are they doing ether, because how would they? LOL like you guys Here, Wow, Good job guys. I'm sure yall thought this out completely Through an out. :))

yall not know to the saying be careful what you Wish for huh?

You Bigshaq24 send me a duel request Right after I beat Q-Chicken, and I block your shadow Strike and your Cheesy hold, shouldn't have to do it again, over and over again e_e, but whatever, You lucky I didn't have a Video of you chase me around like some Crazed Ex-Girlfriend.

However, Thing is You are a sore loser, and A liar, selfish because this is only for you, and only for you, next thing you going to complain about teleport then, some other power, then some other power, YOU Going to have a lot of things to complain about, Trust on that, Next time you duel me Again, I will Rekt the Crap out of you... The kid's glove will be off. ^^

Ok I'm just gonna retort your entire argument. First off, teleporting in pvp is just a no no. The fact that you have to do it against my under geared alt just shows how bad you are in pvp. Second off, I don't consider 2v1-ing me while I'm fighting xeno in bash fighting, that's attacking. Third, you only won 2 times and we dueled about 6, against my under geared alt. Fourth, your not going to kill me lol, you just can't. Like you're using assault rifle and defile, and your dps is horrendous, not only that but my under geared alt didn't even have intel, or block break, so I can't wait to see how you will react when I block break ss you for 12k+. Fifth, you were using normal stealth, teleport, and tunneling against my alt with no preception, and still lost, what a joke. I even have it on video. Idk what argument you were trying to make with me pointing out how you were teleporting, tunneling, and stealth spamming the entire duel, but it wasn't a good one. 6th stealth mods don't help against ss, all it takes is hold and block break and thats an easy 18k ss against you as you have 0 damage resistance. 7th, I specifically said that it should only be nerfed in pvp, so you can just go ahead and stop rambling on about teleiosaurus and totally irrelevant OMs that have nothing to do with pvp, you're just saying anything to make long arguments for the purpose of looking good haha, I mean you even space out single sentences. FInally, I'm not selfish, a liar, or a sore loser. I was just pointing out how you are teleporting, tunneling, and stealthing the entire duel against my under geared alt with no perception, intel, and heroic gears/armadillo gears lol. Btw, I see you like recording vids, luckily I recorded about 3 myself of you dying to my armadillo/heroic gear alt with r5 mods and 0 perception.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    While people do take offense at the use of teleportation in PvP, that doesn't make it a noob tactic. A noob tactic is a tactic only used by noobs because it doesn't work except against noobs. If it works, well, it might be socially deprecated tactic, but it's not a noob tactic.
  • bigshad24bigshad24 Posts: 24 Arc User
    While people do take offense at the use of teleportation in PvP, that doesn't make it a noob tactic. A noob tactic is a tactic only used by noobs because it doesn't work except against noobs. If it works, well, it might be socially deprecated tactic, but it's not a noob tactic.

Teleporting in a 1v1 duel is just plain wrong, and pathetic period. And that's what Kanger does against my heroic/armadillo gear alt lmao.
  • mastercontrol7mastercontrol7 Posts: 181 Arc User

Teleporting in a 1v1 duel is just plain wrong, and pathetic period. And that's what Kanger does against my heroic/armadillo gear alt lmao.

see this what im talking about, next he going ask that to be nerfed, here advice.

why not use it? and set me in my place? shouldnt be that hard right?
    Here is a prime example of a non noob (ab)using shadow strike:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbUAewgAVDg

a guy that has Over 12k HP mostly PVP then anything else, melee, using a broken attack that yall doesn't even want to be nerfed, and
    a guy with over 12k HP vs and me with only 6k HP

and you comparing me to this? and I'm wasn't even a PVP build FFS

And Bigshad you have armadillo gear, that would make my Assault rifle useless, I'm pretty sure you knew this, and I was going to change my build to go at you with something more... Problematic for you. but you left before I could do so, said you be back tomorrow and I did wait... you didn't come back... :/

"The fact that you have to do it against my under geared alt just shows how bad you are in pvp"

that would say if my build is capable of "PVP" that you lose to on your 1st try. twice I should have added.

"I don't consider 2v1-ing me while I'm fighting Xeno in bash fighting, that's attacking"

well, you shouldn't attack back then... :) you came at me 2 times. one time when I wasn't even after you. so would account for fighting back don't you think?

also, it was really free for all since Xeno did hit me with an Ice Grenade as well and didn't really need my assistant at all...

Also, Also You could have just said, it didn't count, and be done within instead of making the case we only fought during that event Christmas, Since that is a LoNg TiMe AgO FrOm NoW~

"Third, you only won 2 times and we dueled about 6"

and I gave you those 4 really [ soon after 2 more], you did ask me to not teleport when I did teleport I had to block and wait for you to target me, and really I wasn't even trying my hardest, really I didn't take it's seriously at all, as like you did . :/

"and your dps is horrendous"

Assault rifle and defile are not really a good match in heaven, sadly. and when it made to solo stuff it not easy either.

"trying to make with me pointing out how you were teleporting, tunneling, and stealth spamming the entire duel"

my point is there going to show you there's a lot of things within this game that going to make you go and complain about, and I was bored and again didn't take the fight "seriously", I mean I didn't even have a Knock FFS dude, should have one but again I didn't really care, Cause it just a game, and only a Game...

" Fifth, you were using normal stealth, teleport, and tunneling against my alt with no preception, and still lost, what a joke. "

and you had 12k and I only had 6.006, and you had an armadillo buff to mess up my Assault rifle Damage, forcing me to rely a lot on my defile that has a Long Charge time, giving you more time to blitz at me with whatever you got, with AD and AO included, also to add the lovely hold that takes less than a second to use, that's okay, it good to see you can find that as a joke, not like you was taking seriously, right?

"6th stealth mods don't help against ss, all it takes is hold and block break and thats an easy 18k ss against you as you have 0 damage resistance."

never said it will help in SS, maybe I said this in the wrong way... But stealth Don't work in PVP, and for what you suggesting seems like a Catch 22, my only Real complaint is you want a Power to strike you and not kill you while you not blocking, meanwhile, everyone got to Block Jack Fool, or other Content boss attacks or well you get "One shotted" or severely wounded, it seems like you want to live and win by luck... making it comparable to Snipe Rifle the most underused in PVP, and That makes the whole thing kinda funny to me Really.

" I specifically said that it should only be nerfed in pvp, so you can just go ahead and stop rambling on about teleiosaurus and totally irrelevant OMs that have nothing to do with pvp, you're just saying anything to make long arguments for"

You talking as if they can do this or will want to do this... well Right, like these are the same folks that nerf protector, nearly made every AO within this game useless, if not make it a waste of Powerslot, ruin a passive with it owe EU. and you want to trust them with shadow strike? Wow, okay then, never been a case like this, where an Attack does less in PVP, like NEVER, but you Trust they can do this. LOL

"FInally, I'm not selfish, a liar, or a sore loser."

Oh Really? you did state false info you didn't Correct it like the Shadow Strike cost no Energy, and said you didn't fight me in bash, you made a video with only Lasso and Shadow strike being used, instead of showing the whole fight, or show where you used the binding shot, dueled me right after I won over and over and over again like a little child, and all I was told all I have to do was Block shadow Strike that what I did and Yall never once said That prior I couldn't Teleport nor I couldn't tunnel, at all I have to do was block shadow strike, that's it, and I did that, and I'm not going around waving the fact that I beating a 6k HP PVE build like it was a huge victory, like wow I must be somewhat on pair with Xeno... LULZ SMH, Try being in my shoes, it's alot to deal with, even for its size.

"I was just pointing out how you are teleporting, tunneling, and stealthing the entire duel against my under geared"

That makes no sense, how spamming me with duels, and asking me for a rematch over and over, lying about the fact that not needed to be lied about, is pointing out that I was teleporting, and tunneling, and whatever, something I know right off the bat that I'm doing myself? But didn't know it was a Nonacceptance because... NO one complains about that... at least not to me. e_e

and even soo these things can be countered.

Just because you don't like the way someone fights? LOL, this won't be the only discussion about a nerf I see.

Also, it doesn't take gear to be good, funny you making a case of that alot, like you know it's the gear that makes a good player, Or makes a good build, I have seen people who only have basic to merc gear having higher score then someone whos have Justice Gear, Gear really doesn't matter much within this game is only a small to the mid percentage at best, or fix what you lack in the build the most, like Crits., healing bonuses and, etc

"luckily I recorded about 3 myself of you dying to my armadillo/heroic gear alt with r5 mods and 0 perception."

You Do you man, if that makes you feel good, go ahead I'm just happier to just get this out of the way, so you can no longer spam me with duel request anymore.

However I will be more involved in PvP, But I still don't have a problem with Shadow Strike.

You got a Good PVP build, I only had a Good PVE build, maybe next time we can have a Friendly duel for once...

PS. I have only been Complain about Teleporting once and the fact I wasnt even dying, meanwhile he had someone else that was teleporting too that was a long long time ago.

PS. I have only been Complain about Teleporting once and the fact I wasnt even dying, meanwhile he had someone else that was teleporting too that was a long long time ago.

Team duel BTW guy on his team was doing the teleporting
    snip

Eh, Kanger? Stop posting walls of text, please. Just because you're flooding the thread, doesn't mean you're right. I asked you to block shadow strike. Not teleport around, tunnel away, backstab people in bash when they're helpless, none of that. I used Xeno as an example, to show the developers what it looks like, when an actual player who knows what he is doing cheeses other players with shadow strike and how it is ruining what's left of pvp for every non shadow strike user. Yes, this thread is about pvp, who needs shadow strike in pve anyway? Want dmg from stealth? use tiger's bite, since it hits even harder.. But people like you won't do it, because it costs 1 power and 4 advantage points and requires a set up / aka. gaming skill.

So please, quit trying to derail this thread, do as you did vs your friend, stand there and just block shadow strike, it's not hard to understand, dude.

• holloweaverholloweaver Posts: 582 Arc User
    the charge speed is 0.6 seconds off of powers... is that A lot to you?! Good Grief!

Correction: it take only 0.18 seconds off...

Oh come on !
    If you're really pvping, you know it does make a big difference to be able to fully charge your attack faster than your opponent.

0.18 sec off, that's the damage output difference between a tap and a charge attack.
    edited June 2020
    Let's summarize what we gathered so far:

In PvE:

You either use a night warrior spam build, or you're not good / not wanted for endgame content. This is mostly because night warrior buffs all damage types, grants a free resistance penetration increase, a free charge time reduction and gives any build a free 18000 damage spike power. PvE stopped being fun, the moment people started using the night warrior passive.

In PvP:

You either use a night warrior tank / heal / constitution stacker build and cheese people with shadow strike, combine night warrior with haymaker or any other knock power, in order to cheese people with knocks / fall damage, or you spam away with dragon's wrath, because the charge time reduction night warrior grants makes dragon's wrath, aswell as other low charge time power even more spammable. Just as it is with PvE, PvP stopped being fun, when people started using night warrior.

I see a pattern there and this indicates that some things are severly overperforming.

Peace!
  • holloweaverholloweaver Posts: 582 Arc User
    i think shadow strike needs a buff

Yeah and I want more free powers built-in passives. Hmmm let me think...
    I know ! I want BCR built-in for free into LR. I'm sure that would be more balanced, right?
This discussion has been closed.