test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 5/28/2020

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
edited May 2020 in Release Notes
Nightmare Invasion Event
For the next week the Nightmare Invasion event will be running!
  • New Mission: Complete the Colossus daily mission 5 times. Rewards the Spiked Crown costume.
  • Added Feather Mask costume to the event store. Updated mask with an optional eye piece.
  • Added account unlocks for collecting 10 of Unnerved Emote, Roar Transformation and Incantation Transformation.
  • Updated collection perks to unlock if you have collected the specific item.

ZEN Store
For the next week the Elemental Tights pack can be claimed for free! Check the Featured or Bonus tab to claim.

Added Rex Loyal Sidekick Pack:
  • Cost: 1500 ZEN
  • 1x Rex Loyal Sidekick
  • 1x Rex Action Figure
  • 1x Raptor Feet Costume Unlock

Special Vendor
  • Added Traffic Cone costume to Dev store.

Misc
  • Added Always On version of the Fun Nullifier device to the Club Caprice vendors. This version of the device is always active while in your inventory.
​​

Comments

• Added Always On version of the Fun Nullifier device to the Club Caprice vendors. This version of the device is always active while in your inventory.
    ​​

YES.

• infinitysaxisinfinitysaxis Posts: 5 Arc User
    So I unlocked the two transforms account wide last time when we could do it by buying them with tokens. It's still showing that all my characters have it unlocked (I made sure to check on a few that I know never got the actual unlock the old fashioned way) but the new perks aren't registering that I do. Do I have to unlock them physically on 10 characters now just to get the titles?
  • mastercontrol7mastercontrol7 Posts: 181 Arc User

[*] Added Always On version of the Fun Nullifier device to the Club Caprice vendors. This version of the device is always active while in your inventory.
    [/list]​​

10 out of 10 kaiserin
  • tempestorm76tempestorm76 Posts: 90 Arc User
    Misc
    Added Always On version of the Fun Nullifier device to the Club Caprice vendors. This version of the device is always active while in your inventory.

Best change I have seen in ages.
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    Oh the knock, pull, stun, held event has returned, enjoy minutes of not being able to do anything in combat while this event is active!
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    It's only the portal mission that is really knock happy, and you don't have to do it, there's nothing tied to it except currency.
  • morigosamorigosa Posts: 710 Arc User
    I put in a great deal of time and effort last event towards the account-wide unlocks - didn't quite get there, but got close. Seeing them removed this time around, and all the progress I put in towards them wasted? Does not make me pleased.
  • terminatorxiiterminatorxii Posts: 51 Arc User
    The Account Wide Unlocks from the last event I did unlock But, they're currently no longer working with this update, I hope that gets fixed.
    It's only the portal mission that is really knock happy, and you don't have to do it, there's nothing tied to it except currency.

Yeah, you don't have to do any of the content, but to be clear, I'm saying the event has a lot of knocks, pulls, stuns and holds and you're saying "Well that's only 1/3rd of the event"
  • sapphiechusapphiechu Posts: 259 Arc User
    ​​
    NUUU! The Fun Nullifier is for people that don't like fun! What's the point of even having fun little devices like balloons and tacos if over half the server population carries these things around? The original Device version at LEAST tells you when you target a player that you shouldn't bother wasting a balloon in your quest to get your Water Balloon Battalion perk and title. Will this version of the device also have the same icon showing on the target, or are we going to be wasting water balloons on people with no sense of humor?

And yes, I'm being (partly) sarcastic, but still…

GROW A FUNNY BONE, PEOPLE!
    3856039c53d222b47efa23bc56b3c976ccefd059.jpg
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    > @sapphiechu said:
    > (Quote)
    > NUUU! The Fun Nullifier is for people that don't like fun! What's the point of even having fun little devices like balloons and tacos if over half the server population carries these things around? The original Device version at LEAST tells you when you target a player that you shouldn't bother wasting a balloon in your quest to get your Water Balloon Battalion perk and title. Will this version of the device also have the same icon showing on the target, or are we going to be wasting water balloons on people with no sense of humor?
    >
    > And yes, I'm being (partly) sarcastic, but still…
    >
    > GROW A FUNNY BONE, PEOPLE!
    ———————————————————

It’s to address harassment.

A water balloon here and there is fine...usually I never even notice them. But some players are going out of their way to follow and torrment.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,430 Arc User
    I guess I will be busy running to Caprice with my 64 characters to pick up this device. It's too bad this just isn't a toggle in the HUD (fun/no fun).

I wonder how many players who need/want this device will learn of it, since it is buried in Caprice?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    guyhumual wrote: »

Yeah, you don't have to do any of the content, but to be clear, I'm saying the event has a lot of knocks, pulls, stuns and holds and you're saying "Well that's only 1/3rd of the event"
    Shrug. It's more interesting than running around beating up Nighthawk goons, at least you have to pay attention to what you're doing.
  • violetnychusvioletnychus Posts: 136 Arc User
    RAPTOR CLAW FINALLY

*points to my name*
    guyhumual wrote: »

Shrug. It's more interesting than running around beating up Nighthawk goons, at least you have to pay attention to what you're doing.
    Well everyone has different opinions, I don't hate the Nighthawk event, it's not my favorite event by a long shot, but I prefer running around the map and the 5 minutes of unskipple cut scenes to the stupid amount status effects this event likes to spam. The giant chicken fight is the event's only redeeming quality, so it's not all bad, but everything else about it is so annoying that it's my least favorite event.