test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Secret Sauce

Can anyone explain why I can't summon Kryptos even though I'm alone? It's really frustrating.

Comments

• jarenkincaidjarenkincaid Posts: 37 Arc User
    So I watched a video and finally understood: you ave to be on the roof of Dr.Ka's brownstone. Why the hell does the description not say this?!
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,430 Arc User
    They want you to play around and figure it out for yourself?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    The roof is just convenient in that it pretty much guarantees that the minimum distance to other NPCs has been met. That's all it means to "be alone". And, can't have other players nearby, either.

You can actually summon him anywhere. I've taken this to Millennium City and summoned him. I did it some height over Ren Center. Pretty sure you can do the same in any zone.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    I thought they changed it so that you can only summon Kryptos in VA crisis. This was due to some trolls summoning him in the Powerhouse causing the trainers to go run to fight him (and thus be unavailable to talk to for the training options).​​
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    could be. I haven't done this mission anywhere other than VBA in a long time.

• sapphiechusapphiechu Posts: 259 Arc User
    Any taller rooftop in Vibora will do, as long as you clear both it and the immediate surroundings of mobs first.
    3856039c53d222b47efa23bc56b3c976ccefd059.jpg
  • abaddon#5073 abaddon Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    > @kallethen said:
    > I thought they changed it so that you can only summon Kryptos in VA crisis. This was due to some trolls summoning him in the Powerhouse causing the trainers to go run to fight him (and thus be unavailable to talk to for the training options).​​

I don't think that's true.

Pretty sure that "surrounded by 4 npcs" Is not the same as "alone".
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Because stuff works differently in other places than the place it was meant to be used....
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    I hadn't considered it as "griefing tool" as described about using it in the PH.

If too many anyone was around when you summoned him, he'd say his speech and bamf away. But, I suppose if you did it near those kinds of friendly NPCs, they'd activate and go attack, albeit briefly.​​

• kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    I don't think that's true.

Pretty sure that "surrounded by 4 npcs" Is not the same as "alone".
    The griefer would summon Kryptos down one of the hallways leading either to the auditorium or the dueling area. It'd be far enough away from the NPCs and crowd in the center of the PH that would pass the "are you alone?" check. The griefer would then move to the center with Kryptos chasing and then the PH trainers would aggro on Kryptos when he was in their sight. He could also then attack newbs too.

Similar newb griefing would happen in other places like MC and Canada as well, but I very much recall the PH as I witnessed it several times.​​
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.