test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Freeform for Free!

Champions - the world is a strange place right now, and we appreciate you spending your time with us in Millenium City. That's why we're giving everyone a Freeform Slot...absolutely free!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/champions-online/news/detail/11411203

Comments

• alriialrii Posts: 63 Arc User
    i know i can get cranky over Champs; but i really do love Cryptic (and CO, obviously)... thank you

on active duty because of the current events, so couldn't grab it myself, but had family snag it for me instead <3
  • Just waiting for them to put my old account on my arc account and then i can hop back in! I still have the disc which i paid for, i think i then subbed for a bit, then it went free to play and they screwed my main character over . They locked my powerset behind a pay wall even though i purchased the game and subbed.. I was so annoyed i ended up quitting.. I had such a blast when it was pay to play without any restrictions with the costume contents and such.
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Just waiting for them to put my old account on my arc account and then i can hop back in! I still have the disc which i paid for, i think i then subbed for a bit, then it went free to play and they screwed my main character over . They locked my powerset behind a pay wall even though i purchased the game and subbed.. I was so annoyed i ended up quitting.. I had such a blast when it was pay to play without any restrictions with the costume contents and such.

Thanks for sharing your life story.
  • > @ealford1985 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Thanks for sharing your life story.

Hardly a life story...

Did anyone not get the slot? after they restored my account i didn't seem to get it..
  • whatdakrakwhatdakrak Posts: 47 Arc User
    Check the bonus tab in the zen store. Should be there waiting for you to claim it.

I know i tend to give the Cryptic team grief about how the game is run but then you guys go and do something nice for us.
    TY for showing you care. I'm sure it was a nice surprise for everyone who is still cooped up inside.
  • pirika80#9694 pirika80 Posts: 1 New User
    what charecter i choose?help me pls
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    The one from the left. In green tights.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
    We are extending this to Monday, 10am st!​​
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,430 Arc User
    TY. Nice gesture.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • tigshadowtigshadow Posts: 38 Arc User
    it's a wonderful gesture you did for this, but for some of us like myself it wasn't easy to get back access to the game and i'm still paying for it by sub. would've been nice to claim the free freeform slot that should've had a little more time possibly to the end of the month. i see you extended it a bit but just now got my access back. so not only me but relatives couldn't get the slot.

More than likely i'll probably cancel my sub after having it for years. i had the discount monthly special of it but nonetheless i'm glad the game lasted this long, but it takes hurdles sometimes to get back in with the arc defender, etc. Considering how long I had my sub for, i already paid 3 lifetime subs over and it should've honestly stopped billing me for the subbing if i go over a lifetime price. that seems a bit much when you have a price tag for a lifetime account but then on a monthly basis surpass that.

tl/dr - you should've extended the slot until the end of the month due to how some might not be able to be on like they want to be, and maybe your management should look into allowing those that paid monthly for a subscription and surpassed the lifetime sub fee to keep their sub but no longer charge them.
  • marvimarvi Posts: 13 Arc User
    this is sad i missed this end by 3 days due to account issues got my account back later :( wish there will be one more opportunity soon
    It was over on April 20; you missed it by almost a month.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • marvimarvi Posts: 13 Arc User
    i know but i got my account back april 23 :D just dont browse forums much
  • mileskemilesmileskemiles Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    They should've given this to everyone that has an account older than 6 months.
  • gameongameon Posts: 55 Arc User
    They should've given this to everyone that has an account older than 6 months.

Yet brand new accounts were able to get them...
    > @gameon said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Yet brand new accounts were able to get them...
    —————————————

And?
    They gave them to people involved enough to check the forums or log into the game fairly often. I.e. active players. Maybe they thought that people who only check in every few years weren't likely to spend any real money on the game once they had the FF slot?

Just remember, no good deed ever goes unpunished. They could have given it to everyone who ever played the game, and someone still would have found a reason to complain.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • gameongameon Posts: 55 Arc User
    And?

And?
    Since you asked so nicely, I'll continue.
    Maybe a little customer service offering to past customers of the game?
    Maybe send a little email off to the email address on file for all accounts...
    Maybe update the "welcome back package" from a 3 hour temp vehicle and xp boost to something worthwhile like this free Freeform slot...
    Instead, get in game NOW during a pandemic, not like there's nothing else to worry about... just get in game!

(I'm not saying this wasn't a good thing to do, was also kinda cool they extended the deadline.)

jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    They gave them to people involved enough to check the forums or log into the game fairly often. I.e. active players. Maybe they thought that people who only check in every few years weren't likely to spend any real money on the game once they had the FF slot?.

Active Players?
    Not everyone who plays checks the boards "frequently".
    Not everyone who plays logs in every day, some only log in a few times a month.
    There's this thing called real life, it kinda gets in the way of recreational activities like games.

But speaking of people who might be "likely to spend real money on the game", remember how they stopped the monthly subscription?
    Only they know how much of a good or bad idea that was...
    Maybe reach out to some of those accounts...
    email is cheap...
    and they were giving away the item shops best item for those who aren't lifetime subbed.
    I'm willing to bet those with a Freeform spend more than those who don't have at least one.

But instead, you know who was able to get the free Freeform?
    NEW accounts, with no purchase history...
    Good idea (from a revenue perspective)? We'll see...

Yes, it was cool they did this, but it was also a missed opportunity for some nearly free marketing... cost of an email, and maybe not have that deadline during a pandemic

And don't take this as me complaining, I'd love to see the game stick around another 10 years!
    I'm a lifetime account, I already have everything.
    But you know who would buy stuff? People who don't have everything! A free Freeform would be a great draw if it were advertised, but we know they don't advertise CO... Again, what's the cost of an email.

But you can still complain during a pandemic.