test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ranged TK Tank

ericrightshow82ericrightshow82 Posts: 582 Arc User
Just looking for a second opinion on this before I move forward.

(Unnamed Build) - Freeform (Any / Multiple)
v3.43:35

Super Stats
Level 6: Constitution (Primary)
Level 10: Recovery (Secondary)
Level 15: Dexterity (Secondary)

Talents
Level 1: The Chiller (Dex: 10, Con: 10, Rec: 8, End: 10)
Level 6: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
Level 9: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
Level 12: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
Level 15: Accurate (Dex: 5, End: 5)
Level 18: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)
Level 21: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)

Powers
Level 1: Kinetic Darts
Level 1: Telekinetic Strike (Rank 2, Stressed Out)
Level 6: Mental Precision
Level 8: Invulnerability (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 11: Telekinetic Reverberation
Level 14: Telekinetic Burst (Rank 2, Sudden Impact, Challenge!)
Level 17: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 20: Telekinetic Lance (Rank 2, Rank 3, Challenge!)
Level 23: Telekinetic Shield (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 26: Lance Rain (Egomaniacal)
Level 29: Mental Impact (Rank 2, Rank 3, Leave a Mark)
Level 32: Resurgence (Rank 2)
Level 35: Fiery Embrace
Level 38:
Adv. Points: 35/36

Travel Powers
Level 6:
Level 35:

Specializations
Constitution: Unyielding (1/2)
Constitution: Fuel My Fire (3/3)
Constitution: Resilient (2/2)
Constitution: Adrenaline Rush (2/2)
Constitution: Armored (2/2)
Protector: Fortified Gear (3/3)
Protector: Beacon of Hope (1/3)
Protector: Unrelenting (1/2)
Protector: Bulwark (2/2)
Protector: Defensive Expertise (3/3)
Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
Vindicator: Mass Destruction (2/3)
Mastery: Constitution Mastery (1/1)

Devices

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    It looks okay for a general Ranged TK tank. You could consider getting something like TK Maelstrom as a wide pbAoE tag, or maybe TK Eruption w/ its heal and defense advs. You could try other spec options too, and/or adding something like Ego Surge w/ NM, or another heal option, but it's ultimately up to you, as it will somewhat depend on your goals and playstyle.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • ericrightshow82ericrightshow82 Posts: 582 Arc User
    What other spec options would you recommend? (This is the part of tanks I don't quite feel confident in)
  • holloweaverholloweaver Posts: 582 Arc User
    Here's my suggested build : Ranged TK Tank

A few notes :
    - Tough : TK powers are extremely expensive (90-100-120 energy...) and to get +6 energy every per second is not really going to help you that much, on top that you don't have Ego Form (which makes sense for your build but still). On the other hand, maxing your health matters more for a tank build, even more with Invuln so Tough is a better option.
    - Overseer Tree : As a ranged tank with expensive TK powers, I would recommend Overseer for the cost reduction on ST powers from Conservation. It also offers a nice damage debuff with Impact.
    - Guardian tree allows to buff both your tankiness (Fortified Gear) and your ranged damages (Find the Mark which can help to proc Adrenaline Rush).
    - Fiery Embrace : no ! If you die as a tank, all your aggro is reset and you'll never catch up with your dps teammates.
    - Lock'n'Load : an Active Offense is missing in your build and this one gives you both +damages and cost reduction.

I filled the 2 remaining slots with Mind Drain (why not a 2nd heal if you can afford it) and Miniaturize Drive (underrated damage debuff but really good).

Super Stats
    Level 6: Constitution (Primary)
    Level 10: Recovery (Secondary)
    Level 15: Dexterity (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Chiller (Dex: 10, Con: 10, Rec: 8, End: 10)
    Level 6: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 9: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 12: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 15: Accurate (Dex: 5, End: 5)
    Level 18: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)
    Level 21: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Kinetic Darts
    Level 1: Telekinetic Strike (Rank 2, Stressed Out)
    Level 6: Mental Precision
    Level 8: Invulnerability (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Telekinetic Reverberation
    Level 14: Telekinetic Burst (Rank 2, Sudden Impact, Challenge!)
    Level 17: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Telekinetic Lance (Rank 2, Rank 3, Challenge!)
    Level 23: Telekinetic Shield (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 26: Lock N Load
    Level 29: Mental Impact (Rank 2, Rank 3, Leave a Mark)
    Level 32: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 35: Mind Drain (Rank 2)
    Level 38: Miniaturization Drive
    Adv. Points: 35/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Constitution: Unyielding (1/2)
    Constitution: Tough (3/3)
    Constitution: Resilient (2/2)
    Constitution: Adrenaline Rush (2/2)
    Constitution: Armored (2/2)
    Overseer: Administer (1/3)
    Overseer: Ruthless (2/2)
    Overseer: Impact (2/2)
    Overseer: Conservation (2/2)
    Overseer: Enhanced Gear (3/3)
    Guardian: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Guardian: Ruthless (2/2)
    Guardian: Find the Mark (2/3)
    Guardian: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Mastery: Constitution Mastery (1/1)
    edited May 2020
    What other spec options would you recommend? (This is the part of tanks I don't quite feel confident in)
    Hollow gave you another decent option. It somewhat also depends on what else you want to shore up on your build, or what your general goals are for it. To basically classify the options:

Mostly defensive: Protector, Sentry
    Hybrid dps/defense: Guardian, Warden
    Offensive (ranged): Vindicator, Overseer, Avenger

W/o more info it's kinda hard to be more specific, though.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • ericrightshow82ericrightshow82 Posts: 582 Arc User
    OK great! Thank you, everyone, this will help a lot.
    Whichever is your final choice, do not expect TK reverb to fill you with enough energy. It doesn't. It's so bad that there was a time where TK builds were using Dark Transfusion to get enough energy (and the adv Siphoning Strikes on Ego Weaponry/TK Strike to get the health back).
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    Whichever is your final choice, do not expect TK reverb to fill you with enough energy. It doesn't. It's so bad that there was a time where TK builds were using Dark Transfusion to get enough energy (and the adv Siphoning Strikes on Ego Weaponry/TK Strike to get the health back).

As for the 3 points in Tough in the Constitution Spec, I'd still recommend the Fuel My Fire. If you have 200 points into SSSs, you get +300 health points from Tough. Not worth it, to me. And, even if you are getting boosted by AoPM(s), you're still not getting that much extra health from that spec to make much of a difference.

Hence why I prefer SSS End over SSS Rec. Bigger pool, better energy return per tick.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
    I've a different experience.

Let's do this hypothetic fight : I've to soak a 5k attack on 9.3k hp (with Tough spe). I'm down to 4.3k hp, all I need is to press Conviction R3 and I'll survive the next 5k attack (I'll have +/- 100 hp). Without Tough spe, I would be dead on the next 5k attack.
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    Different ways of approaching it.

Sure, your example has you surviving one more hit. But, were you just blocking (I see the soak) or were you also attacking?

Perhaps with the extra energy you could have DPSed the opponent down before you took the next hit. Or even had the energy to use Conviction.

Just so this doesn't turn into something no one wants, let's just say that there is room for tweaking anything. Suggestions, backed with examples, like yours, are helpful.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
    edited May 2020
    It really just depends on the context. Tough won't give much HP to a Tank that's not gearing much into SSS's, so it's often not going to be the deal breaker just going by pure numbers. That said, if you want to squeeze more EHP from the spec .. well, you'd find a way to switch to Str PSS and Juggernaut, lol- but Tough does that in the tier1 options if staying w/ Con PSS. I'd still prob prefer FMF, but not every Tank build is going to have the same goals or run into the same problems.
    warcanch wrote: »
    Different ways of approaching it.

Sure, your example has you surviving one more hit. But, were you just blocking (I see the soak) or were you also attacking?

Perhaps with the extra energy you could have DPSed the opponent down before you took the next hit. Or even had the energy to use Conviction.

Just so this doesn't turn into something no one wants, let's just say that there is room for tweaking anything. Suggestions, backed with examples, like yours, are helpful.​​

Exactly.
    Tough had been useful for me many times, while FMF had always been a disappointment but I was not trying to force my suggestion. Simply to show how it may be useful.