test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Best Mod for Darkness Life Draining Healer

jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
I'm trying to figure out which mod is best to slot in a piece of Virtuous Offensive gear for a healer that is based around Life Drain.

Currently, his healing bonus from mods/gear is 82% (15% from primary gear, 38% from set bonus, 29% from Sentinel mod). His crit chance is at 32.4% and severity at 76.2%. Instead of the Sent mod I could potentially slot either a Crit mod or Severity mod (would get him to ca. 80%).

I'm trying to get both best possible damage, and also best healing. Would, for example, loosing 29% healing be made up for by a 4% gain in severity (which will also boost damage).
JwLmWoa.png
Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    It sounds like you're into severity's DR a good bit. I normally would say that mixing crit% & severity% is good for hybrid dps/healing on builds w/ crit-enabled heals, but it does depend somewhat on the stat return. 29% healing is a fair deal to give up for 4% severity, but perhaps you are over-healing a lot already?
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    You can get pretty good healing just from the Specs in Sentry and Sentinel. Adding any +healing mods in your Offense gear is not just icing on the cake, but extra layers. So, plenty of overhealing from those mods.

Next, let's talk about PSS. Are you going Pre or Rec?

I created a PSS Rec Darkness LifeDrain healer during the recent leveling event. With the spec that gives you +15% crit if energy is over 90%, I'm getting crits quite often. However, not getting much +Severity as this character is Sentry and Sentinel specced. She still heals well at Cosmics, but without a 100' heal she can only help the MT group and the nearby dps. But, that was by choice as I took Arcane Vitality for her direct heals.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    This is the actual build. I decided this was going to be a build that heals/rezes away from the tank, so no long range direct heals by choice (if I want to do that I have a handful of healers that do that; need some variety). I'm not 100% sold on Ebon rift. In theory just tapping it should activate an advantage that pops off a pretty decent heal. I've wondered about taking Pillar of Poz instead, but I'm not sure if the HoT from that might have problems with the HoT from BCR w GoS. I.e. can allies near me benefit from heals come from both those powers at the same time?

Synthoid Sorcerer 4 - Freeform (Support)
    v3.43:35

Super Stats
    Level 6: Presence (Primary)
    Level 10: Dexterity (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Hero (Str: 8, Dex: 8, Con: 8, Int: 8, Ego: 8, Pre: 8, Rec: 6, End: 6)
    Level 6: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 9: Lasting Impression (Pre: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 12: Finesse (Dex: 5, Pre: 5)
    Level 15: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 18: Shrug It Off (Con: 5, Pre: 5)
    Level 21: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Shadow Bolt
    Level 1: Shadow Embrace (Rank 2, Draining Shadows)
    Level 6: Spirit Reverberation
    Level 8: Harbinger (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Dimensional Collapse (Glimpse of the Abyss, Lingering Darkness)
    Level 14: Lifedrain (Rank 2, Vampiric Sympathy)
    Level 17: Compassion
    Level 20: Shadow Blast (Rank 2, Devoid)
    Level 23: Energy Shield (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 26: Dark Pact (More Souls!)
    Level 29: Fiery Embrace
    Level 32: Bountiful Chi Resurgence (Gifts of the Storm)
    Level 35: Ego Sleep (Plagued by Nightmares)
    Level 38: Ebon Rift (Endless Void)
    Adv. Points: 36/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6: Hover Disk (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Electric Arc (Rank 2)

Specializations
    Presence: Selfless Ally (2/2)
    Presence: Grandeur (3/3)
    Presence: Moment of Glory (1/3)
    Presence: Force of Will (2/2)
    Presence: Vulnerability (2/2)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (2/3)
    Sentinel: Eternal Spring (2/2)
    Sentinel: Sentinel Aura (3/3)
    Sentinel: Moment of Need (3/3)
    Sentinel: Wither (2/2)
    Mastery: Sentinel Mastery (1/1)

Devices
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    You do have Sleep, but you could trigger Sent Mastery and Wither w/ the blast too, if you got the Break adv. It's up to you if you want to add that extra proc option, though, as I figure LD is more of the main power here.

As far as Pillar of Poz and BCR's Gifts- they shouldn't be exclusive w/ each other, and w/ some quick testing in the PH it seems that they can work together on allies (testing w/ pets in the battle station). The Pillar's rune healing you doesn't seem to trigger Gifts on its own (prob not considered a normal heal for it) but when throwing in another heal they both were procing on the same pet, when in range.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
    edited May 2020
    Cool. Thanks for testing those interactions. Time to give Poz and try and see how that plays out. I think I'll pop in a Severity mod and see if that's a plus or minus to over all performance.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • holloweaverholloweaver Posts: 582 Arc User
    Check the power bug reports. The adv Endless Void can be dodged.
    It's a good thing I went to Pillar of Poz then!
    JwLmWoa.png
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    Check the power bug reports. The adv Endless Void can be dodged.

Sheesh.

I have this on the above mentioned Life Drain healer. It can still heal for a good amount. Especially in a fight like Gravitar.

However, as you said, it can be Dodged by the recipient. They'll still get some healing though.

And, it is different from Pillar of Poz as that is placing a healing rune centered around the caster. Ebon Rift w/adv is centered around the enemy target. Both are situational and locational.

I honestly can't tell you who gets the healing (probably target capped at 5) when I've used Ebon Rift w/ Endless Void at the Cosmics. Difficult to see the floaters and combat log just zooms by. But, I'm pretty sure it is a single tick of healing per recipient. I kept the power on this character just to have some other option that I've never used. And it does damage and can apply Fear.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"