test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Plant Powers, Action Figure Battles & Playing the Villain

vixentalkervixentalker Posts: 9 Arc User
Sooo here are some ideas I thought of, let me know what you think.

#1 Islander Lockbox: This revolves around an idea of making a new Archtype of a Heal Tank Earth Power Hybrid which adds Plant powers. The costume would probably be Moana themed and have things like a Grass Skirt, Hula Dance emote and flora necklace and crown. As well as maybe a sorta Bloom Transformation or Flower Circle Transformation. Release your inner flower child.

#2 Action Figure Battles: Wouldn't be nice to put those action figures you collected to use and battle them in a mock pokemon arena or duel others against their action figures. I mean just think about how hilarious to see a tiny Therakiel/Fan Boy & Sorcerer Teddy Action FIgures vs 3 Cats.

#3 Playing the Villain: I tossed this idea around for awhile in game. Basically, you start a new character only you are given a decision to create a hero to start in the ravenswood academy simulator/rencen or a Villain Breaking out of New Harmons' Prison with the help of the REAL Dr. Destroyer and recruited by him to start his own ruling over New Harmon where villains have control and Heroes are the enemies. ((Play the Resistance Storypack to get an Idea of where and what this idea is referring to.)) This opens the new door to in game realm vs realm pvp New Harmopn villains vs Rencen heroes. And of course there should be an option to opt out of in-world pvp except onsloughts or even use the same mechanics with a different status.

Comments

• vixentalkervixentalker Posts: 9 Arc User
    I probably shoulda've put this in the suggestions catagory...oops.
  • speanozspeanoz Posts: 238 Arc User
    I probably shoulda've put this in the suggestions catagory...oops.
    Yes, you probably should have! :P

I have made a comprehensive plant framework suggestion that you can check out in my signature if you're curious!
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Posts: 521 Arc User
    Allowing players to be villains is half of a new game. No, they do not have to reinvent the powers or other systems, but they need all-new missions.

Now, let's be realistic here; Would more players (and the devs) want to basically double the number of missions in the game for our heroes or add their own version of CoV?

We saw what happened with CoV. Players played it mostly for whatever advantages they could transfer over to their heroes. A few people loved it, sure, but CoH was where the players (and their money) were.

And, of course, unlike rolling out new adventures for our heroes, any such villain expansion would require a while lot all at once. They couldn't make a mission now and another mission a month from now and another mission a month after that, they would have to make an entire 1-40 series of missions available at one time.

It is just not realistic given the resources available to the game, never mind what past history has shown us.

=============

If I were hoping for some super-villain action, I think that the best bet might be some Multiversal shenanigans. Some mission or story pack that lets you play the "Left-Handed World" version of your hero, who happens to be a villain.

Not just one simple mission, but something a little larger. Maybe not the equal of Resistance or Demonflame or Serpent Lantern, but more substantial than a simple bank robbery or whatever.

Just off the top of my head, let's say, your villain is trying to obtain something that will power them up. Could be a super-robot servant, might be a high-tech ultra-tank, could be a serum that will boost their powers, whatever.

That leads your villain to need to steal things. Maybe the first adventure is just them finding out that such a thing exists, the second adventure is trying to take it from where they think it is, and the third part is them actually getting their hands on it (first mission against cops/agents/security robots, second mission against agents/security robots and a hero, third mission against agents/security robots and multiple heroes).

And then, as the special fourth mission, your hero gets a visitor from the Left-Handed World calling for help. After all, if anyone can stop the villainous you, it's the heroic you, right? For a little extra fun, this could even be one of your nemeses, who would be heroes on that other world.

(In a more perfect game every hero could label one of their nemeses as their 'Arch-Nemesis' and let that character be used in cases like this. They would be the one coming to ask your hero for help and could even be a part of the heroic team that stands against the villainous you in part three of that adventure. As it is now, I would settle for whoever your active nemesis is)