test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Reduced Graphics Issue

For some reason my CO sometimes loads with its graphics reduced, such as preventing me from having Shadows set to higher than medium or bloom on high, never had this issue before Wednesday. Sent a ticket and it was suggested it's a DirectX issue, though I've ran the DirectX 9 installers included with both CO and STO to try to make sure that isn't the case. Is anyone else having this issue?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060

Comments

• sapphiechusapphiechu Posts: 259 Arc User
    Windows 10 1903 may well be having issues, but the old suspects should be checked, the most important usually being the GPU drivers (from the manufacturer, not the chipset maker, ideally, just in case the manufacturer fiddled with some settings).

Check to see if you are running in Fullscreen or Maximized Window mode. These look the same at first, but DirectX 9 allows and disallows certain graphics options depending on which you are running. You can even tell without checking the options, just my moving your mouse cursor up to the top-right. If you see a couple of small buttons appear, you're in maxed-window mode. That will prevent some settings from working, but also allows others that might NOT be supported in fullscreen.
    3856039c53d222b47efa23bc56b3c976ccefd059.jpg
  • dragonfire1170dragonfire1170 Posts: 6 Arc User
    I've been running in Maximized Window mode like I have before the change to 10 on my new hardware, didn't have the graphics issue before the change over. I ran a reinstall of my video drivers as well which didn't seem to fix it, so for now I'm running the game in Dx11 mode, mainly avoided it before due to some missing textures. The weird thing is restarting the game can fix it, and it "remembers" the settings I had before, save the post processing settings. The drop down to choose your video card in the Troubleshooting section also doesn't seem to update to what I click on, which is weird