test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Known bugs at Endgame (Cosmics, TA, OMs) content.

kingofozkingofoz Posts: 3 Arc User
edited December 2019 in Gameplay Bugs
This is mainly an attempt to list all known bugs regarding endgame activities, both old and new, so the Devs can have a single good reference for future discussions (and possible fixes). Everyone are welcome to pitch in and keep it updated whenever possible.

Kigatilik

-At random, the boss is facing towards players targeted by his Tomb, and then taking forever to turn back to those he should be targeting (usually the Tank, based on aggro). This more than often results in him using his Cone (breath) attack on the DPS pile as this is a PBAOE and hits everyone in front of him.

Qwijybo

-Cone attacks from this boss (breath and howl) are also hitting players on his left side, which should be outside of the hitbox but it's somehow extending itself toward this flank and not the other (right) one. So it's probably a misalignment of sorts.

-Dying and being resurrected while in the middle of the fight will instantly divert your targeting from the boss to the nearest Crystal Heart. Oh so many times people have shot those just after being rezzed, for not noticing the forced targeting switch...

-Apparently some have reported the boss respawning instantly just once he's defeated. Seems like a very very rare occurrence but still worth checking, probably.

Teleiossaur

-Depending on terrain elevation, both Teleiossaur and the Hatchling can become untargetable by melee attacks, even AOE-based ones. Facing either too much on top of a hill and your attacks will mostly miss.

-Hatchling sometimes get stuck on a "floating tree" that's located at the furthest end of Slither Beach (where most fights happen because of the ample space for maneuvering). This severely prevents him from being moved. Also, sometimes albeit more rarely (probably related to entities where he should spawn) the Hatchling has been known to spawn BEHIND Teleiossaur instead.

-Random damage spikes for the Teleiossaur bite, resulting in the one-shot of even the most optimized endgame Tank while Blocking, and apparently not related with Frenzy in any way. Some suspect moving the Hatchling too much might cause this (even again, within safe ranges of Frenzy).

-The infamous "invisible bite" where Hatchling will do a tail swipe attack, that will result in the Tank in front of him being hit instead. This happens randomly and it's not as if every tail swipe will trigger it, but it does happen rather frequently (forcing Tank players to constantly keep their Block up during every tail swipe just in case).

-Hatchling sliding across the ground while being pulled, instead of following a beeline pattern towards those that are aggroing him as expected. This can happen in a way where Hatchling will end up closing the distance toward his target, then slide to the side after reaching them in a semi-circular pattern.

-Not necessarily a bug per se, just something very annoying and very problematic: Tanks (specially those dealing with Hatchling) aren't getting recognition (100k in score) at the end of the Open Mission, resulting in no reward for them even after doing their job as best as possible. Laaaaame.
Post edited by kingofoz on
Tagged:

Comments

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Also yesterday we killed Ape and he just respawned immediately and we had to fight him again o3o
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Also yesterday we killed Ape and he just respawned immediately and we had to fight him again o3o
    Qwyjibo pulled a Dead Ringer on us!
    WTF!?​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • did he take a dunk in the drink again? i remember the last time he respawned immediately after death, it's because he was all washed up​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,069 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    Large NPCs have problematic hitboxes.

Some powers will ACTIVATE but do nothing (check the combat log) unless you get closer than should be required.

Examples are:
    -Gauntlet Chainsaw is a 10' cylinder/column AoE attack. When I use it at Teleiosaur, at max melee range, the power activates, draws energy, animates, but does no damage (per the combat log and the reward circle).
    -Chest Beam is a 50' column AoE attack. When I use it on any cosmic-sized NPC at max range (50'), it may or may not do damage, but it definitely does NOT give the Burn Through debuff. This is important if I need that for my Form or just doing damage.

In both of the above cases, I have to move several steps closer to get the damage or debuff to proc. This becomes a death sentence if I'm trying to melee at Teleiosaur, as the pack is constantly getting moved around as others, who must be having similar issues, are constantly jostling the pack. And, I have to be extra close for Chainsaw to do damage. Quite often, I'm getting pushed to the left or right, and getting hit by the MAW or Tail attack.

There are other powers with these issues as well. But, it's the overall hitbox that is at issue. Probably another reason why you can stand a few feet or more from the Wireframe (outside of it) and still get "hit" by it.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Heh, reading over the op makes me chuckle.

Kiggles has been randomly(?) turning and breathing on the dps for quite some time now. Rarely he does it right when he turn, but most of the time he stands looking out at the dps for several seconds, almost challenging them to use their brains. Then he gets into his breath stance (which most dps apparently don't recognize since most of them never tank and kiga is usually faced away from the dps when he does breath) which is a BIG warning. Then he breathes, most of the dps die (except maybe for the tanks standing with the dps, but that is a story for another day) and his HPs may go back to full. This happens at virtually every Kiga, sometimes several times, and I am not sure how many of the dps are learning to MOVE to the side when he turns. I always try to hop over there.

I have to give the devs kudos for leaving this bug in place. Makes me smile every time :)
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    It's not random when kiga turns. He turns when he uses ice tomb (possibly requires him to interrupt another power?). He will turn back when he uses his charged blast, but his regular spammable doesn't cause him to turn. If he uses his breath before he uses a charged blast, he uses his new facing.
  • planetarygooplanetarygoo Posts: 8 Arc User
    When the three perfection of body that roam around the top room of Teleios Ascendant lair follow you near the door of any of the four bosses, they can enter the room althought its a "closed" area.