test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Modding

I am completely lost here. To mod, do I need to acquire moddable gear? If so, how do I go about doing this? If such gear is available on the market, under what name do I search? Because as things stand, my character is so weak I cannot complete a single mission and it's pissing me off no end.
A proper walkthrough would be a great help. TIA.

Comments

• darthmaxusdarthmaxus Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    From your question, I am guessing that you are new to Champions Online, in which case welcome aboard.

Gear is usually either dropped from mobs or given as quest rewards. Most early-level gear does not have mod slots, and thus needs to be equipped as is. You'll want gear that corresponds to whatever stat you've super statted, though Constitution and Recovery are also good things to gear for, as they help with survivability and energy usage, respectively.

Core Mods (Impact Prisms, Gambler's Lucky Gems and Growth Amulets) are gotten either on the Auction Exchange or from investigating skill nodes (weapons stores for Arms, sciency stuff for Science and mystical stuff for Mysticism.)

Most leveling gear have slots for either a core mod or a stat mod, but come endgame at Level 40, you will have the opportunity to buy gear to further enhance your character and make their build shine. You will want primary gear with at least three slots for attributes and core mods. Mercenary and Heroic gear are the most used by players, though some especially dedicated players go for more advanced Justice Gear.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Yep, you don't start getting moddable gear until you get to lvls in the 20s. You will almost certainly have energy issues until you get to your lvl 30s. Devs think managing energy is fun!

I'm guessing you are using an AT? If so, some of those are squishier than others.

If you are having trouble completing missions (e.g. the lvl 10 Kevin Poe mission is pretty notorious as a tough one for some builds to beat) be sure to buy some healing devices. You might try to lay your hands on one of the short term sidekick devices that can be bought with Until currency and which you can also sometimes find in the Auction House. If all else fails, try asking for help in zone chat. Many people will help a new kids on the block.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Because as things stand, my character is so weak I cannot complete a single mission and it's pissing me off no end.

Freeform or Archetype? If you're starting with a freeform character, don't do that, start with an archetype to learn the general building structure of a character first. Unless you're willing to do some research to learn all the basic bits you need to make a character of normal strength.

Either way, make sure to equip gear that has stats that buff your super stats, and especially whichever one your toggle Form scales with. Once you get the hang of the game's basics you'll be steamrolling everything all the way to max level.

Don't worry about energy, most missions can be finished just using your energy builder (that first auto-attack thingy), and using it gives you energy for the abilities that let you steamroll things!

Also don't forget your Travel Power. Movement can be pretty powerful in this game the way it lets you kite things and temporarily retreat from a fight to recover.
  • jarenkincaidjarenkincaid Posts: 37 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    I'm guessing you are using an AT? If so, some of those are squishier than others.

Sorry, but what's an AT?
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    Archetype. The preset powers themes. Like the behemoth or....whatever else they are called.

The opposite of Freeform.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!