scorpio303scorpio303 Posts: 27 Arc User
Two armored titans in glorious battle!
Who do you think would win and why?

Villainous Verses!: Black Talon vs Warlord 12 votes

Black Talon
0%
Warlord
100%
legendarylycan#5411pantagruel01ealford1985bulgarexnumaman1990gradiilightsaucedialamxspinnytopbrfabeirasvonqballkatiebonnell 12 votes

Comments

• ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Warlord
    Because Black Talon is a push over
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    Warlord
    All evidence is that Black Talon wouldn't be smart enough to get out of the fire patches. Warlord wouldn't block or dodge the orbital cannon hits either, but that's much less damage.
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Warlord
    What you should do is make some brackets and have a villain tournament...or torturment
  • scorpio303scorpio303 Posts: 27 Arc User
    I'm going to wait and see how popular this one turns out. If it goes down well, I may do another poll with some other similar characters!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Warlord
    Black talon has a dumb bola and a pew pew gun. Warlord would melt Talon's armor down and make a cat girl trophy out of it.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Hrmm, I thought this was going to be about a poetry smack down. Disappointed.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Depends who's driving Black Talon.
    :#
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Depends who's driving Black Talon.
    :#

In the lore Black Talon Agents are specially trained to use the armor. So we'll assume they're someone fairly competant.
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Hrmm, I thought this was going to be about a poetry smack down. Disappointed.

...And now realizing that I used the wrong spelling of Versus.
  • Warlord
    you also used the wrong spelling of competent

and that agent you fight at the beginning clearly got rushed through destroyer's training programs, because he SUCKED​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    Warlord
    Lore-wise a Black Talon is an agent-level operative using armor almost mass-produced by Dr. Destroyer. Warlord is a very experienced mercenary using a unique customized suit, one of the most advanced and powerful in the world.
    bulgarex wrote: »
    Lore-wise a Black Talon is an agent-level operative using armor almost mass-produced by Dr. Destroyer. Warlord is a very experienced mercenary using a unique customized suit, one of the most advanced and powerful in the world.

Having double-checked the lore, this is a lot more one-sided than I thought. Warlord's suit even uses alien technology I think. Can't remember where I read that though, so don't quote me on that.
    Warlord
    You are correct. Warlord's designs are based on a salvaged crashed alien scout ship, whose creators Warlord calls "blueboys" because of their skin color. They're a race named the Hzeel, who have been scouting Earth for decades, wanting to conquer it for an advance staging area in their protracted war with the Dorvalans (Ironclad's people).

However, Warlord's hired scientists have blended Hzeel and Human tech, which in some areas has exceeded the capabilities of the Hzeel themselves. But make no mistake, Doctor Destroyer's personal armor is the most advanced and powerful on Earth. He just doesn't hand that out to his flunkies.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Where does Defender's suit rate in comparison to Warlord's?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    edited May 2020
    Warlord
    Comparing the latest published version of Defender (from Champions Universe) and of the Warlord (in Champions Villains Volume One: Master Villains), while Defender's armor is formidable, it's inferior to Warlord's in almost every way -- less powerful and less versatile. It's likely Defender would have upgraded his armor further by now; but then, so might the Warlord.

It's generally accepted on Champs Earth that the foremost powered-armor hero in the world is Tetsuronin of Japan (Champions Worldwide), who could be thought of as the CU's Tony Stark, although his demeanor has always been more serious. Back in 2006 Tetsuronin battled the Warlord over the skies of Tokyo, which fight ended in a draw. Note that Warlord had just upgraded his armor with assistance from ARGENT, and wanted to test-drive it against the toughest PA hero.