test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Make more playable maps

katiebonnellkatiebonnell Posts: 20 Arc User
There has been speculation about Hudson City becoming a playable map. I wanted to see what you think about places like Washington, D.C., or maybe Annapolis?
Tagged:

Comments

• kingpin0000kingpin0000 Posts: 68 Arc User
    I'm for more maps but I have to wonder what options are really left outside of cities with different feels compared to MC & Vibora. CO actually did a decent job covering their bases with terrain types. We've got a snowy zone, desert zone, forest/volcanic zone, underwater zone, modern cities, & even a post apocalyptic warzone now. What did they miss?

I guess an open zone set in the far reaches of space would be cool though you would probably just be moving from space station to space station talking to NPCs in spacesuits. An alien planet with exotic space fauna and alien NPCs could work well. Something like Krypton from Man of Steel. A planet of the apes and Dr. Silverback inspired story-line would be a nice fit too though it's sorta hit on conceptually already by monster island. It would be hard to come up with many unique ideas at this point.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    I know of no well-found speculations of any such expansions. I know of wishful thinking about more maps/zones, but given the tiny dev staff that doesn't seem likely.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    We need a Japan map. And also a moon map. And maybe some sort of 'giant floating airship' map. Like SC, but zone-sized.
  • blumoon8blumoon8 Posts: 430 Arc User
    I've been thinking of this too. A map with greater eastern influence would be nice. We have a little city town in west side but its kind of junky. I'd love to see something more aesthetic, like the hi pan alert but less stereotyped in terms of accents. (Can we just remove Hi Pan's voiceover? I have literally have heard of people say NOPE to the game because one of the earliest missions has /that/ in it.)

I also think something foresty would be appreciated, perhaps in Europe like the Black Forest or another forested area that I know not the names of. We've got trees in CO but they sure aren't forests. What the heck you'd do in the forest I have no idea but I do think it lacks representation. MI is supposed to be jungle but it doesn't give me that vibe. The trees are fairly spaced apart and gives more of a sparse woods with mountainous savannah vibe instead.

Something tech focused would also be interesting. Like a cybernetic city or a giant floating airship like spinny says. Bright lights, lots of futuristic tech, and ROBOTS. I am not familiar with the PnP so I have no idea if this exists but MC is only fairly modern in its theme and doesn't check that tech box for me. Mechanon content can of course be the focus of the zone. Something along the lines of peaceful tech infringed upon by the mechanical menace.

Alien zones are always on the table!

I say stuff and I say things, sometimes together but only when I'm feeling adventurous.

I'm @blu8 in game! :D
  • kingpin0000kingpin0000 Posts: 68 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    We need a Japan map. And also a moon map. And maybe some sort of 'giant floating airship' map. Like SC, but zone-sized.

Yes, please. Japan map would be really nice. I can't believe there isn't one already tbh. You mean something like the outside of the space station hideouts but bigger? Like a dome city? That would be awesome too or even that on Mars. I imagine with the last suggestion you mean like a giant death-star sized ship with it's own city system built within right? Another decent one if I understand it properly. Isn't that the concept of a new game? Hero Boat or Ship of Heroes or something?
  • panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    As much as I would love more maps, maps are lots of work to make. Good maps take tons and tons of hours to develop, and these days it's hard to justify that monetarily with a small team. Making an entire zone is a huge undertaking.

We got QWZ a few years ago, but even that is pretty light, and was designed as a place to grind for end-game. A new zone now would have to have a similar purpose. What I'd personally like to see is various smaller instances. They can be more easily reused to make more content in the future, and can repurposed for things from new alert types, to lairs, to story missions, and even opened publicly for RP in some instances.

Having huge open zones would be great, I know, but I think that effort is best used on more practical uses. Just my take.
  • psychicslugpsychicslug Posts: 721 Arc User
    Hi pan is a play one this guy from "big trouble in little china" a great movie
    MV5-BYjc0-Zm-Rj-N2-Et-MTM1-Mi00-Zjk1-LTkx-MTgt-Mj-E4-NDA0-NTlk-ZThi-Xk-Ey-Xk-Fqc-Gde-QXVy-Nz-U1-Nz-E3-NTg-V1-CR0-45-480-270.jpg
    The easy way (i.e. something at all possible given tiny CO resources) to make a "new" map is to repurpose the MC map and create high end and end game missions for it. I.e. can't go to it unless lvl 37+
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    It'd be neat to have a "Millenium City Crisis" map where rencen has been taken over by an enemy force.
  • thistleswift1thistleswift1 Posts: 219 Arc User
    It'd be neat to have a "Millenium City Crisis" map where rencen has been taken over by an enemy force.

I think we have that already with 'Resistence", don't we?
    You mean besides the duelers in front of Defender?

JwLmWoa.png