test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 4/23/2020

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
edited April 2020 in Release Notes
Nighthawk Event
For the next week this event will be active! Talk with Defender to grab the mission!
  • Increased the amount of currency you get from the daily mission.
  • Increased the amount of currency you get from the Franklin Stone alert, but it now diminishes after 3 runs.
  • New Mission: Complete the Who is Nighthawk? mission 5 times. Gives the Pouch Belt costume.
  • Fixed an issue with the Magpie Stealth vehicle texture.

Nighthawk Event Store
  • Added Cyber Katana costume to the event store. Added additional materials to the back portion of this costume.
  • Moved Bluejay and Shuriken vehicles to the Drifter store.
  • Moved many costumes over to the Trade Paperback store.
  • Moved the iconic Nighthawk costumes from the store to possible drops from the Franklin Stone alert.
  • Moved Magpie Stealth vehicle as a possible drop from the Franklin Stone alert.
  • Moved Dagger and Modern Conventional Sniper Rifle 1 costumes to the Nemesis store.

Trade Paperback Store
This store will be active for the next week.
  • Added Cosmic Aura: Tights and Cosmic Aura: Bracers.
  • Added a variety of old event costumes.
  • Added Renegade title.
  • Added new consumable that provides short duration knock resistance.

Questionite
  • Holographic Field Weapon System will be available in the Questionite store while Nighthawk event is active.

Vehicles
Holographic Field Weapon System
  • Updated tooltips on the item to display what it does without having to equip it.
  • Set a limit of 15 seconds for how long this power can be maintained.
  • Gave this power a cooldown of 15 seconds.
  • Changed activation rate to 0.5 seconds for performance reasons. Adjusted cost for new time.
  • Now counts as Blocking for a period of time (depending on rank) when initially activated.
  • Rank 3 now provides a small stealth bonus that scales based on your current movement speed.

Costumes
  • Fixed a texture issue with the Knife costume.

Lockbox
  • Fixed an issue where the Devour emote was not unlocking on your account if you completed the account perk.

Misc
  • Fixed a bug where players could get into Vibora Bay through the Jet who were not at least level 34.
​​

Comments

• ericrightshow82ericrightshow82 Posts: 582 Arc User
    Is there REALLY a 25 token daily cap on Nighthawk favor now? Dirty pool...
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Mobs are still the best and fastest way
  • i think you mean you're EXTENDING the trade paperback event another week, because it was already active during the defender event​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    Mobs are still the best and fastest way

No, what I'm saying is that mobs are dropping a maximum of 25 favor
  • leilanixaoleilanixao Posts: 3 Arc User
    I'm not sure who was looking forward for more needless gambling for things that were once on a more accessible vendor, but cryptic does what cryptic does.
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    I do not see that release note
  • retehi#8400 retehi Posts: 32 Arc User
    Super appreciate being able to only farm 25 meal tickets from the goons per day. Thanks a ton!!1
  • solhusetsolhuset Posts: 40 Arc User
    The only saving grace of this event was the ability to farm tokens off of mobs rather than running the awfully tedious stone penthouse alert (cutscene overload and a barebones vehicle fight? Oh boy!!)

There is nothing positive to say about this event now that the farmable mob tokens have been cut by like, what, 90% or so?
    If it's going to be such a pitiful amount you may aswell cut the pretense and just bake it into the daily mission reward since you're bound to get that 20 from just gathering evidence or clearing out locations anyway.
  • stratluverstratluver Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited April 2020

Bug
    Street across from Lin Qi 1398 60 -288
    The mobs from the courtyard are now in the street. Intended?

• ou812#2857 ou812 Posts: 2 Arc User
    This is completely unfair to those that cannot get the daily done every day. It limits them to MAYBE costume parts and almost no chance of a vehicle or AT unlock. Current events or not, not everyone has the time to log in every single day. The ability to get what you might be missing in tokens off the mobs balanced it out for them. This is the type of change that ruins the experience for many. Not cool.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    ou812#2857 wrote: »
    This is completely unfair to those that cannot get the daily done every day. It limits them to MAYBE costume parts and almost no chance of a vehicle or AT unlock. Current events or not, not everyone has the time to log in every single day. The ability to get what you might be missing in tokens off the mobs balanced it out for them. This is the type of change that ruins the experience for many. Not cool.

Do it on multiple characters, or farm mobs.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Can't do things that are a single large cost on multiple characters, and mob tokens are apparently dramatically reduced. Note, however, that nighthawk runs 2-3x a year, so you have more than 2 weeks.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Well, the only new thing in the event store that I want is the belt thing. So 5 and done for this year. Lucky that I got everything I wanted from past events before it disappeared into the Q sink called the Trade Paper Back slot machine.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    Can't do things that are a single large cost on multiple characters
    Using multiple characters means the player can effectively bypass the "3 and done" limit, because each character is affected by that separately.
    and mob tokens are apparently dramatically reduced.
    Unless it was reduced to 0, you can still farm tokens off of mobs, making it another way to get past the "3 and done" limit.
  • ou812#2857 ou812 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2020

Not everyone has the option to do multiple characters daily. AT unlocks and vehicles are still out of reach for many now. And if we are not seeing more than 25 or so tokens dropping daily it just doesn't span the gap left by these changes. So no matter how many times you repeat to farm it on multiple characters, it does not solve anything unless a player has nothing but time. Which many don't.

And again. Even if you can manage multiple characters at least a few days during your week, if you miss even one day out of the seven days with any of them you will almost be guaranteed not a single vehicle or AT unlock.
  • ghost#7389 ghost Posts: 29 Arc User
    one could come to the conclusion that this ridiculous caps of 25 token a day has two reasons:

1: forcing you to log on every day for a certain amount of time
    2: to force you to get drifter salvage (meaning spending money on lock boxes or even more time ingame to farm the g's for the drifter salvage boxes in the AH ) if you don't like the event alerts - and lets be honest, the Vehicle alert sucks.

I really hope they don't do that bs in the future events, because if they do - well then I may just show up to do my Radioshow at fridays and play a different game otherwise.

so please..STOP THAT Cryptic!
    (if the 25 cap was a accident - then it may be a good idea to change that back to the usual 250)
    Characters: Cybrax - DJ of SinAmatic Entertainment Radio - http://my.powerstream.live:8800/
    ghost#7389 wrote: »
    one could come to the conclusion that this ridiculous caps of 25 token a day has two reasons:

1: forcing you to log on every day for a certain amount of time
    2: to force you to get drifter salvage (meaning spending money on lock boxes or even more time ingame to farm the g's for the drifter salvage boxes in the AH ) if you don't like the event alerts - and lets be honest, the Vehicle alert sucks.

I really hope they don't do that bs in the future events, because if they do - well then I may just show up to do my Radioshow at fridays and play a different game otherwise.

so please..STOP THAT Cryptic!
    (if the 25 cap was a accident - then it may be a good idea to change that back to the usual 250)

Radio silence from Kaiserin leads me to believe this was intentional. Can I ask a question? Why? The supposed goal for changing all events was to make them more casual friendly. But now casuals can't possibly hope to get what they want. And at the same time you're punishing people who actually WANT to play the game, people who don't mind grinding, so they're now just wasting their time. When is this nickel and dime business practice going to end? Will you guys just keep pushing until players log into CO, and there's nothing but an ATM that we plug money into? I really enjoy CO, and I get that it's business, but enough is enough.
    Using multiple characters means the player can effectively bypass the "3 and done" limit, because each character is affected by that separately.
    My point is that you can't pool currency across characters, so if you want something that costs 750 you have to grind it out on one character.
    edited April 2020
    My point is that you can't pool currency across characters, so if you want something that costs 750 you have to grind it out on one character.

That's fine and all, but I was responding to someone saying the "3 and done" limit would ruin the event for them, and was offering solutions. If you don't like the solutions, that's okay, don't use them.
    Not everyone has the option to do multiple characters daily. AT unlocks and vehicles are still out of reach for many now. And if we are not seeing more than 25 or so tokens dropping daily it just doesn't span the gap left by these changes. So no matter how many times you repeat to farm it on multiple characters, it does not solve anything unless a player has nothing but time. Which many don't.

And again. Even if you can manage multiple characters at least a few days during your week, if you miss even one day out of the seven days with any of them you will almost be guaranteed not a single vehicle or AT unlock.

Nighthawk comes around multiple times per year, so just be patient and you'll get the thing you want eventually.

Nighthawk comes around multiple times per year, so just be patient and you'll get the thing you want eventually.

Rolling on the ground is a solution to being on fire, but not many want to get burned to begin with. XD

• n8mcdn8mcd Posts: 332 Arc User
    They want people to 'play' the game, not 'farm' the game.

Play == Fun

Farm == Work == No Fun

When people farm events it has several bad effects:

Farmers glut the market with the non-bound rewards, driving prices down and making the items seem less special and removing incentive for casual players to participate

Farmers dominate easily farmed areas making finding spawn more difficult for casual players, often even interfering with non-event mission spawns.

Casual players begin to look at events as 'farm-events' and have no interest in participating because of the level of work it takes to coexist (or compete) with farmers.

The goal is to drive engaging content that is fun that prompts people to encourage others to play the game, farming undermines that goal.

On an unrelated note, in the costume editor, the 90s Boot has a peculiar color mixing, where the calf/shin portion of the boot that is/was color-1 has a swirling color blend from color-2. I have those on a character I was editing just before the patch and the calf/shin appeared to be uniformly color-1, but after the patch, I have noticed the swirling effect. I am reasonably certain it wasn't doing that before the latest patch.
  • kronarg#8777 kronarg Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    Not cool changes, the changes to rep are annoying tbh. And making the vehicles BoP and disarmed, but keeping the cost the same sucks. So glad I farmed this like crazy last time and need hardly anything.
    I also now find that the 'diminishing returns' on the penthouse mission means it drops to 1 rep on the 4th run.
    Obviously Cryptic aren't proud of these changes, as they haven't just buried the information, they just didn't bother telling us at all.
    Post edited by kronarg#8777 on
    edited April 2020
    leilanixao wrote: »
    Rolling on the ground is a solution to being on fire, but not many want to get burned to begin with. XD

So, to translate this analogy:

"Doing an event each time it comes around is a solution to not being able to farm the event a lot each individual time it comes around, but not many people want to be unable to farm an event a lot."

Okay then, I guess?
    edited April 2020
    The real problem isn't the limit on farming mobs. The real problem is that the alert is horrible. Trim the cut scene from hell by 50%.
  • kronarg#8777 kronarg Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    Another thing they never saw fit to tell us in the patch notes, it seems the mob rep drop are also on diminishing returns, day 1 appears to be 25 max, by day 5 this appears to be 9 max.

And Yes, totally agree with drastically reducing the cut scenes, maybe just let it run full length if a member of the party hasn't run it before?
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    I don't mind the cut scene; usually gives me time to read an article n CNN.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!

leilanixao wrote: »

So, to translate this analogy:

"Doing an event each time it comes around is a solution to not being able to farm the event a lot each individual time it comes around, but not many people want to be unable to farm an event a lot."

Okay then, I guess?

I'm just saying that just because there's a solution, doesn't excuse a bad idea. Who is going to look forward to changes that make things take even longer to get? I don't see how it's in their best interest. It seems like a means to simply make people play the game longer to get something they could of got more easily before. Now I'm all for earning things in game, but some of these changes in place lately are just making things we already have access to more annoying to get. I feel they should just stop trying new ways to sell us old things and focus on the future.