test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20200410.12 - Nighthawk

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
edited April 2020 in PTS - The Archive
Nighthawk Event
  • Increased the amount of currency you get from the daily mission.
  • Increased the amount of currency you get from the Franklin Stone alert, but it now diminishes after 3 runs.
  • New Mission: Complete the Who is Nighthawk? mission 5 times. Gives the Pouch Belt costume.
  • Fixed an issue with the Magpie Stealth vehicle texture.

Nighthawk Event Store
  • Added Cyber Katana costume to the event store.
  • Moved Bluejay and Shuriken vehicles to the Drifter store.
  • Moved many costumes over to the Trade Paperback store.
  • Moved the iconic Nighthawk costumes from the store to possible drops from the Franklin Stone alert.
  • Moved Magpie Stealth vehicle as a possible drop from the Franklin Stone alert.
  • Moved Dagger and Modern Conventional Sniper Rifle 1 costumes to the Nemesis store.

Trade Paperback Store
  • Added Cosmic Aura: Tights and Cosmic Aura: Bracers.
  • Added a variety of old event costumes.
  • Added new consumable that provides short duration knock resistance.

Questionite
  • Holographic Field Weapon System will be available in the Questionite store while Nighthawk event is active.

Vehicles
Holographic Field Weapon System
  • Updated tooltips on the item to display what it does without having to equip it.
  • Set a limit of 15 seconds for how long this power can be maintained.
  • Gave this power a cooldown of 15 seconds.
  • Changed activation rate to 0.5 seconds for performance reasons. Adjusted cost for new time.
  • Now counts as Blocking for a period of time (depending on rank) when initially activated.
  • Rank 3 now provides a small stealth bonus that scales based on your current movment speed.

Costumes
  • Fixed a texture issue with the Knife costume.

Lockbox
  • Fixed an issue where the Devour emote was not unlocking on your account if you completed the account perk.

Misc
  • Fixed a bug where players could get into Vibora Bay through the Jet who were not at least level 34.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Would it be possible to make vehicle weapon systems that behave like blocking be self-interrupts like player blocks?
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
    Do they not self interrupt for all abilities or just some?​​
    edited April 2020
    As far as I can tell, they fire once whatever previous power you tried to use completes activation (whereas block cancels the power you are using), but I haven't tested all powers. Might just be vehicle powers being uninterruptible.
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
    At a glance it looks like a bunch of vehicle powers cannot be self-interrupted.​​
  • couatl13couatl13 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    [*] Moved many costumes over to the Trade Paperback store.

You mean like the steampunk stuff from High Noon you said was going to be moved to the Trade Paperback store, yet never showed up?
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    I really do wonder why the devs are so insistent on giving us stuff with knock resistance when we all know no matter how high your resistance is, you'll get knocked like 50-70% of the time. If you want something that prevents knock, then give us something that will apply stacks of knock resist instead of +% ones.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,069 Arc User
    I really do wonder why the devs are so insistent on giving us stuff with knock resistance when we all know no matter how high your resistance is, you'll get knocked like 50-70% of the time. If you want something that prevents knock, then give us something that will apply stacks of knock resist instead of +% ones.

+1.

In leveling 2 characters during this Defender Training event, my characters were still getting knocked and stunned through block all of the time. Even after I ranked them to r3 and blocked early. Y'know, like engaged the mob w/ block already UP.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • wrathsoul1wrathsoul1 Posts: 679 Arc User
    warcanch wrote: »

+1.

In leveling 2 characters during this Defender Training event, my characters were still getting knocked and stunned through block all of the time. Even after I ranked them to r3 and blocked early. Y'know, like engaged the mob w/ block already UP.​​
    Between being knocked around all the time and being only knocked around three times only to eat even more damage...
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Should also make it the higher your knock resistance the less to impossible chance henchmen to master villain can knock you.
    edited April 2020
    The problem is that knock resistance stacks aren't applied on failed knocks, and NPCs often spam knocks. If you're getting hit by a knock attack every second, with no knock resistance it takes 6s to hit immunity (for 15s), with 400% it takes 18s, so the real reduction is between 3 knocks/21s and 3 knocks/33s. If failed knocks generated knock resistance knock resistance would be obviously relevant.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    We all know that mooks with hand guns can pistol ship Superman and Hulk all over the place. We just have to accept that the devs are trying to capture the feel of the genre.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    Anyone who thinks their character is Superman or Hulk is greatly over-estimating. Those are Cosmic level heroes who could solo current Cosmics. Superman would literally just grab Dino by the tail and fly it into outer space. We can't even budge her. Big gap in strength levels there.

As for "The Strength, it does nothing!", exaggeration as usual. The problem is that people are less likely to notice when knock resist works, but will burn every instance of it not working into their memory - human nature thing. On my Might toon I'm actually fairly comfortable just continuing to charge an attack when I see certain NPCs charging up their knocks - the trick is figuring out which NPCs have knocks you need to respect.

As for making Strength a reliable "if you have >X then you are immune to knocks from Y" situation, I'm not sure about that after some thought. The idea that you just pack on enough strength and then all knocks just disappear seems kinda lame. Having an element of risk can be exciting.

EDIT - case in point, Warlord is lucky if he can knock my Might toon. What a wimp.
    Post edited by spinnytop on
This discussion has been closed.