test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can someone Explain in Details about Primary and Sub Superstats?

What is more important to focus on when equipping/modding gear? If you are DPS do you take Dex primary then Ego/strength depending if you are ranged or Melee, and when modding, do you focus on increasing ONLY your Sub-superstats to get the most Damage/Defense/Healing/crowd-control?

Not looking for PVP stats, just at PVE stats.

Comments

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    Focus on whatever your toggle Form scales with. For example, if your form scales with Dexterity, then gear/mod to get as much Dexterity as possible.

Whether a superstat is primary or secondary is of little consideration on whether to stack it or not, Form is queen.

When choosing superstats, this is also influenced by what your Form scales with since it will determine which Specialization choices will yield the most output. If your Form scales with Intelligence, then you'll likely go Int primary for the Int specializations. If your Form scales with Dexterity, then Ego or Dex primary is a good choice. etc... Secondary superstats are based on what your Energy Unlock scales with, and your overall energy needs.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    The only relevant difference between primary and secondary is that you get twice as many bonus points in your primary (+80 at level 40, vs +40 for secondary) and it controls the superstat spec tree you have access to.
  • spinnytop wrote: »
    Focus on whatever your toggle Form scales with. For example, if your form scales with Dexterity, then gear/mod to get as much Dexterity as possible.

Whether a superstat is primary or secondary is of little consideration on whether to stack it or not, Form is queen.

When choosing superstats, this is also influenced by what your Form scales with since it will determine which Specialization choices will yield the most output. If your Form scales with Intelligence, then you'll likely go Int primary for the Int specializations. If your Form scales with Dexterity, then Ego or Dex primary is a good choice. etc... Secondary superstats are based on what your Energy Unlock scales with, and your overall energy needs.

Is it really this simple? I Love it!
    Here I was about to pull my hair out because i've been only looking at the stats alone while not pulling in any good damage, thank you!
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,069 Arc User
    If you would've preferred a "wall of text" explanation that really delves into the EXACT this and that, one can be provided. normal-3.gif Fortunately, Spinny was succinct. tiger-40.gif

There can be minor adjustments to what Spinny said, but the basis of what you should do has been provided. Experience will allow you to tweak things in the future.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • holloweaverholloweaver Posts: 582 Arc User
    If you're looking for a detailed version, I would suggest this guide .