test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

2020 Prom Saturday April 18th in the Minefield

I will be hosting a Role Play prom event.

All are welcome, whether you be teenager, adults doing a prom do-over, chaperones, or weird fuzzy creatures that want to rent formal wear and spike the punch bowl.

This will be in the Minefield at Noon Server time on Saturday April 18th, 2020. It will go for at least 2 hours.
I will be playing 80s music on Dawn Radio for this event. I will do my best to make the music as 80s nostalgic and tropetastic to fit with all the 80s school dances.

YOU will be able to vote for Prom Royalty. This will be a couple that will be King(s) and/or Queen(s). Bring your friends and have them stuff the ballot box.

We will have a Costume Contest! The theme for this CC is Prom attire. Unlike most CCs, instead of having you stand to be looked at by the judges, we will work our way around the club taking notes on your attire.

Winners of the CC and the Prom Royalty will be announced at 1pm server time (1 hour after event kick off).

And there will be trivia questions about school dances as seen in TV shows and movies with prizes for the first correct response.

And for those wondering how I got elected to the prom committee: our School president held a meeting, I only went to it because I thought it was the French Club meeting (turns out that was on Wednesdays). Anyway, no one else showed up, the President said, "alright you got it." And well, here we are.

Comments

• savetheplanetnowsavetheplanetnow Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    Nice! This will be one hell of a party! And a chance to proof that CO's RP community is active, creative and friendly!
    Post edited by savetheplanetnow on
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=03QMYDjCef8
  • shortbus#4297 shortbus Posts: 100 Arc User
    Hope to see y'all there!
  • sapphiechusapphiechu Posts: 259 Arc User
    As promised, after hearing the Mistell-Xpress commercial on Dawn Radio, I was inspired to mock up a card artwork. Mad Vyking is hereby our proud sample-holder of the ASPRA certified MTX Plus Card, secured by Millennium City Bank.

8a88479050b33556bfb23afeb6e9394b7cb22304.jpg
    3856039c53d222b47efa23bc56b3c976ccefd059.jpg
  • shortbus#4297 shortbus Posts: 100 Arc User
    Love it! =)
    But Wombat needs that even more!
    We have one just for Wombat:

f04bd6d916c127b18c4e19bdee21f1d1d8b8f13e.jpg

Armor Photo by Nik Shuliahin on Unsplash.
  • themadvykingthemadvyking Posts: 79 Arc User
    BWHAHAHAHAHAHA!
  • you should put up the template for that so people can make their own custom credit cards​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    But then I don't have control over the quality of the contributions. I use Affinity Publisher for the layout (all three Affinity products are 50% off for a while, and are excellent alternatives to the subscription model that Adobe requires for their software), with the built-in assets provided through the software license. I don't believe Affinity allows exporting to anything that it immediately editable, except an image file, or PDF. With anything that is an fx layer (such as drop shadows, etc), those effects would not be carried over by any text edits.

If you have ideas, please by all means feel free to let me know, as I do like making these things up.

And while I'm here, something for Piffle!

9a8220a67fdee57af50af1e57a8f4daeb3ce8ae5.jpg
  • savetheplanetnowsavetheplanetnow Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    It was fun! Can`t wait for the next event to come!
    With Paragon Radio you are not bound to a club-ish location because you will always have the right music for the right place,right? :p
    You could do the next "party" in the Millennium City Hall or elsewhere. =)
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=03QMYDjCef8