test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Disappointed with the new munitions ultimate being another pistol power

arblaquearblaque Posts: 158 Arc User
edited April 2020 in Suggestions Box
I love munitions in concept but our is so pistol focused. I was hoping the new ultimate might be a gatling or minigun finisher. Maybe a bazooka we don't have those but rocket launcher skins could work. How a bout an M-60 style finisher or dual machine guns. Insane grenade tossing ultimate? Munitions has multiple platforms the ultimates could use to break up the pistol packing mania. Share your thoughts on a non pistol munitions ultimate.
Formerly known as NewAgeKnight in the Forums of old.

Comments

• guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    I hear ya, the power framework is pretty much set up for dual pistols, with a couple of powers that use a single weapon, and a lot of people would like to see more powers for rifles, mini guns, and even single pistols. Doesn't seem likely to happen though. They're not even supposed to be looking at munitions again till they finish with the other powers. Having said all that, the new power looks pretty darn good, and it's probably better than the last ultimate for munitions.
  • arblaquearblaque Posts: 158 Arc User
    The damage is nice and the buffs aren't bad.
    Formerly known as NewAgeKnight in the Forums of old.
  • speanozspeanoz Posts: 238 Arc User
    I've been hoping for a "devastating" anti-materiel rifle ultimate for a little while now. That or some kind of off-site artillery salvo. :anguished:
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Just give us the Nuke from Mass Effect
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Other players voiced their concerns in Discord. But devs don't really think about our opinions that much otherwise they wouldn't put the ult and lockbox items directly into Live instead of PTS. They just drop the stuff they think we'll(they'll) like and hope the others adapt to their liking.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,428 Arc User
    Live + Next-Day-Maintenance is the new PTS. Been moving that way for awhile now.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    I'm disappointed that Munitations got a second DUAL GUN Ultimate
    I was expecting it to get a HEAVY GUN ultimate, this framework is already divided between Dual pistols and Heavy guns
    Guess Heavy artillery doesn't get any love from CO, it's all about the Twink guns :weary:

latest?cb=20120616075115

HELL, WITH DOOM ETERNAL WE COULD HAVE GOT THE BFG​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    I like to think there's a chance we could get another, more creative munitions ult in the future. Though it's another pistol ult, at least it's a bit more broad than the westernesque one we had. Hopefully in the future we can get another cool ult.

It might not be for another 4 years, but hey, here's to hoping. :)
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    What they should have done. Made the current ultimate a single gun animation with cone area.

And this be two gun with AoE
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,428 Arc User
    Or, they could make/release Ults for all the power sets that don't have one (and maybe some alternates for existing power set) and sell them as a bundle in the Z-store as the Ultimate Unlock.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    There are several types of weapon in Munitions - Pistols/SMG, Rifles, and BFGs and it would be nice to see the last one get some love. We have the Gunslinger, Soldier, Sniper types, would be nice to have a Cannoneer with some mighty artillery.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    avianos wrote: »
    latest?cb=20120616075115

HELL, WITH DOOM ETERNAL WE COULD HAVE GOT THE BFG​​

That's just the PA ultimate.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    That's just the PA ultimate.
    Yeah I know, i realized that hours later this would be more fitting PA ultimate
    but... you get the point BIG GUN ENERGY :sweat_smile:​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!