test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Did they ever make the Nemesis missions work better?

Haven't played in a while so sorry for my ignorance, but previously you could never play a Nemesis mission when you actually wanted to, you just had to hope you randomly got attacked by Nem minions and got a clue. To me this is horrible design, because those minions only attack in open world maps and half the time we're not in open world maps we're doing instanced missions. People actually spent time designing their Nems and want to fight them regularly, so did they ever make the Nem missions work better? As in you can actually play them when you want to?

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg

Comments

• pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Nem system hasn't changed in ages, other than adding Save the Earth, but it's trivial to spawn nemesis missions, they have a 6h cd so you can't do them too fast, but once it resets a minute blowing up chairs is sufficient to spawn a clue.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    You can go to Monster Island, find the lava cave and try keep on spawning minions and your nemesis.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    hunting Nem clues is one of many reasons why you'll see people going around MC smashing chairs. Picking up boost orbs create by smashing objects will spawn nem minions
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    The best place to go to smash chairs in order to get a Nemesis Clue, at least if you are willing to make a short journey from Ren Cen, is the place where Harden is getting ready to speak behind the Until/Unity building area. No doubt the dumbest aspect of the system, but one none of us really want to see "fixed" because it is the fastest way to run through the Nem missions.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • jarfarujarfaru Posts: 91 Arc User
    My problem was some of the later ones you needed a team to play them. I just thought that was dumb. Its your Nemesis not a teams.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    jarfaru wrote: »
    My problem was some of the later ones you needed a team to play them. I just thought that was dumb. Its your Nemesis not a teams.

Huh? Which ones? The only team nemmy missions I know of are Nemcon and alerts.
    I remember one leading me into the headquarters in the city but i needed a team to do it. And that was the last nemesis mission i got.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    That's kind of vague. Which HQ? Here's a link to the wiki page listing the Nemesis missions http://www.championswiki.com/index.php?title=Nemesis_Missions , Maybe that will help you figure out which one was the problem? The only 2 missions that require a team are Nemesis Confrontation and the Save the Earth alert. My favorite is Bunker Buster. Just wish it didn't have such a high glitch rate.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    Sorry for the vague. It was the building in the city where you could pickup alot of missions Unity maybe.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    jarfaru wrote: »
    I remember one leading me into the headquarters in the city but i needed a team to do it. And that was the last nemesis mission i got.
    Yeah probably Nemcon, you used to have to go into the Unity/Until building to get it.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters