test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Buy Gold and Silver Recognition with Acclaim

scytheuserpwscytheuserpw Posts: 9 Arc User
Hello Champions, i as well as many others in the community would love to share an idea with you today.

we have one issue with the PVP game modes, they are empty, and its hard for people who really enjoy pvp to get the gear that PVE'rs have to be able to do more in PVP. We get yelled at because we are not DPS, we are not TANK and we are not SUPPORT, we are PVP oriented builds, we have come together and have come up with a solution, so please hear us out.

Acclaim, this currency is currently only used to unlock some outdated gear and some costume pieces, its the reward we get from participating in pvp game modes, our idea is that you let us purchases Gold and Silver champions recognition for Acclaim, reviving the currency, the arenas and helping the PVE'rs of the game by letting us farm our way, and not ruin the content for others. the pricing would have to be balanced because we do not expect or want to earn the rewards for free, we want to play the game mode and work for it.

Please leave an opinion on what i have said here today

Love from some in the PVP community and me.
Tagged:

Comments

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Wouldn't this just end up as a big collusion fest?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • I love this idea! It could also motivate people into PvP as well! One of the main reason why PvP is dead is the lack of rewards. There is no benefit in PvP'ing since you don't get anything out of it. So this will really help "revive" the PvP community!
  • onlytruedraigiononlytruedraigion Posts: 1 Arc User
    This actualy would give you something to do with Acclaim.
  • scytheuserpwscytheuserpw Posts: 9 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »

What do you mean by this friend? how would it be a "For a secret agreement by people to commit something criminally or civilly wrong or illegal" fest? do you mean, people would agree to farm each other to win? i do not think that would be an issue if the game mode was more alive, which it would be if the rewards were reworked, all this will do is give the people who dont quite enjoy the pve side of the game to be able to progress to the level pve'rs are by doing their own game mode, look at games like Guild wars 2 where you can create a new character at level 1, go to pvp and be able to level up to max level and get legendary armor by only doing pvp. i think this would be healthy for the game and bring in more players as well :)
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,069 Arc User
    Perhaps a maximum daily "refine acclaim into SCR" just like questionite.

Since the defacto max per 20 hour period for 3 Cosmics is 30 SCR, that would be the daily max you could refine. Not sure what to suggest about GCR.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
    Yes, people inherently look for the easiest way to get the rewards they want. The Onslaught system and the werewolf/hunter event during the Bloodmoon are excellent examples of this collusion fest tendency already in CO. So, if pvp rewards could be earned by people farming off each other, then it will happen. It doesn't really matter how many people do pvp, if there are just 2 groups willing to take turns beating each other to get gcr/scr it will happen.

What do you mean by this friend? how would it be a "For a secret agreement by people to commit something criminally or civilly wrong or illegal" fest? do you mean, people would agree to farm each other to win? i do not think that would be an issue if the game mode was more alive, which it would be if the rewards were reworked, all this will do is give the people who dont quite enjoy the pve side of the game to be able to progress to the level pve'rs are by doing their own game mode, look at games like Guild wars 2 where you can create a new character at level 1, go to pvp and be able to level up to max level and get legendary armor by only doing pvp. i think this would be healthy for the game and bring in more players as well :)

JwLmWoa.png
    warcanch wrote: »
    Perhaps a maximum daily "refine acclaim into SCR" just like questionite.

Since the defacto max per 20 hour period for 3 Cosmics is 30 SCR, that would be the daily max you could refine. Not sure what to suggest about GCR.​​
    Yes, people inherently look for the easiest way to get the rewards they want. The Onslaught system and the werewolf/hunter event during the Bloodmoon are excellent examples of this collusion fest tendency already in CO. So, if pvp rewards could be earned by people farming off each other, then it will happen. It doesn't really matter how many people do pvp, if there are just 2 groups willing to take turns beating each other to get gcr/scr it will happen.

I think this is a good idea, though its the gold i think is the biggest problem, what if we could buy gold recognition at the same Daily cap as the once from pve, or if they just implemented daily quests with gold rewards like "do 10-15 hero games" reward would be the same as doing 3 cosmics.
    But honestly i think the best way to implement this would be to just let us buy G&S recognition with Acclaim with a Daily cap, and maybe add quests that work like the Cosmic quests with specific game modes, like "Zombies! 5/5" or "Bash 5/5" im not a game designer by far, but i think this really could help revive the hero games and give Acclaim a use again
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    You have to solve the problems of collusion and losefarming. If you don't, then you risk PvE content becoming irrelevant while at the same time swamping hero games with people who are losefarming, which won't be fun for anyone.

Making it so you have to win to get the rewards solves losefarming, but not collusion. Removing premades only makes collusion slightly more complicated, people will adapt.

Like, they added a quest to Bloodmoon where you gotta do ZA, and all people do is join and throw the match to get it over with. People who don't actually enjoy pvp but will want the easily obtainable rewards are the issue - gotta figure out some way to motivate them to stay away.
    spinnytop wrote: »
    You have to solve the problems of collusion and losefarming. If you don't, then you risk PvE content becoming irrelevant while at the same time swamping hero games with people who are losefarming, which won't be fun for anyone.

Making it so you have to win to get the rewards solves losefarming, but not collusion. Removing premades only makes collusion slightly more complicated, people will adapt.

Like, they added a quest to Bloodmoon where you gotta do ZA, and all people do is join and throw the match to get it over with. People who don't actually enjoy pvp but will want the easily obtainable rewards are the issue - gotta figure out some way to motivate them to stay away.

Yeah, that is fair, people who dont care just want faster rewards. Acclaim is not easy to come by though, you hardly get any if you dont do good, so i think still with the cap and the cost being alot, it would discourage people for teaming up, if the game mode would be revived i sure as hell would not leave someone to farm each other and i know that people who want to pvp for pvp would not have it any other way either, even in pve we have some people who just hit the bosses a couple of times here and there then stand back, there will always be those who seek to destroy the fun of others, but as it currently stands Hero games are dead and acclaim is useless ^^' we need to figure out something. but you really do have a fair point, those two factors need to be addressed

-Losefarming (Make it so you dont give points if you die too many times to the same person or something)
    -collusion (you can not queue with people and you dont get points for killing the same person over and over)
  • immaragequitimmaragequit Posts: 11 Arc User
    Add deminshing returns to Acclaim daily drop rate and better rewards to the acclaim store. It would at least give the PVP side of the community something to look up to, and definitely bring some of the old players back.
  • mordray001mordray001 Posts: 218 Arc User
    > @scytheuserpw said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > -Losefarming (Make it so you dont give points if you die too many times to the same person or something)
    > -collusion (you can not queue with people and you dont get points for killing the same person over and over)

So... If I were to participate... Which is unlikely as I want nothing to do with PvP... And you implemented the above solutions I would just work with whatever group size I needed to to produce the results that were most advantageous to myself and the others.

Determining this is a simple calculation of how much time I need to invest to optomise my GCR/SCR income rate. Once it exceeds the time/rewards ratio of comics farming then I and most everyone else won't bother.

Though in the of end no reward is going to be able to overcome the toxic culture I see in PvP communities and that is the biggest reason I want nothing to do with it. I have enough stress and hate thrown my way in real life I don't need to in a game I play to relax.
    mordray001 wrote: »
    > @scytheuserpw said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > -Losefarming (Make it so you dont give points if you die too many times to the same person or something)
    > -collusion (you can not queue with people and you dont get points for killing the same person over and over)

So... If I were to participate... Which is unlikely as I want nothing to do with PvP... And you implemented the above solutions I would just work with whatever group size I needed to to produce the results that were most advantageous to myself and the others.

Determining this is a simple calculation of how much time I need to invest to optomise my GCR/SCR income rate. Once it exceeds the time/rewards ratio of comics farming then I and most everyone else won't bother.

Though in the of end no reward is going to be able to overcome the toxic culture I see in PvP communities and that is the biggest reason I want nothing to do with it. I have enough stress and hate thrown my way in real life I don't need to in a game I play to relax.

This fix is not for people like you friend :) its for people who love pvp and dont enjoy pve as much.
    I know, but if you make it easier to get the "recognition" I need for gear doing PvP instead of PvE then you'll have people like me doing the above for the simple reason of time management. Even if we start just doing this in between Cosmics to speed up the harvesting of the Rec we need, you'll still have the same problem as before not enough PvPers as the rest will be just farming rec and not interested in the combat that you seek.
    mordray001 wrote: »
    I know, but if you make it easier to get the "recognition" I need for gear doing PvP instead of PvE then you'll have people like me doing the above for the simple reason of time management. Even if we start just doing this in between Cosmics to speed up the harvesting of the Rec we need, you'll still have the same problem as before not enough PvPers as the rest will be just farming rec and not interested in the combat that you seek.

Fair, but with how acclaim works now with you only get a good amount if you do good/win i dont see it being profitable for people who do pve who cant stand up against pvp focused builds :open_mouth: and if the steps with removing farming of single players are put in motion this would not be an issue, more people joining in between cosmics would also increase the pop time and revive the game mode.
    Educate me... what is a pvp build? What are the bare essentials for one?

No that's not a jab. I'm curious. I've seen a lot of duals and some idea of the builds used can be inferred, but I can't say I've seen someone really lay it out.

Oh and just checked... no private ques, meaning we'd have to gather and coordinate to que as one... unless a team leader can trigger the joining for all team members. Just more to think about... or not as this isn't the reality of the game.
    i can not speak for everyone but to me A Pvp build is made to battle other players, so its more well rounded and not as focused as pve, where you have a healer, a tank, dps and CC. in pvp you have self heals, sometimes cc decent tankyness and dps, though this has nothing do do with the topic :P