test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Framework: Alien Physiology

speanozspeanoz Posts: 238 Arc User
edited August 2020 in Suggestions Box
REWRITE IN PROGRESS
Alien Physiology
Symbiosis, Shape-Changing, and Exotic Visitors!

I reckon the whole gang here knows about what to expect from me by now! I won't bore you folks too much with a winded explanation this time. I've already gone over a potential Vegetation Manipulation framework to slot into an entirely new eponymous power category as well as my take on the legendary combination of a Sword and Shield within a new Weaponmaster category. I appreciate those that have supported me, provided me commentary, and thrown in their own awesome suggestions in contribution! Lastly, I'd like to mention that I am building a "long-term" power suggestion "masterlist" compiled in my usual format here, at the Odds and Ends emporium! Anything else that isn't here may just be found there instead!

This time around I am going to share my plans and ideas revolving around a framework of Alien Physiology. I envision this set to slot nicely into the Brick power category in order to act as a sort of "bruiser-warrior" build. It will incorporate a selection of melee and ranged abilities alongside some interesting new defensive mechanics. I'll be categorizing powers by tiers and formatting my suggestions as closely to how they could appear in-game as I can. Enjoy!

Tier "0" Powers
Energy Builder
Feedback
Energy Builder - Melee/Ranged Damage

"Near or far, you are able to rapidly adapt your form to take on your enemy."

Click
+ If your foe is within 10', deal single target Slashing damage.
+ If your foes is between 10' - 50', deal single target Electrical damage instead.
+ Generates Energy.
- The ranged variant of Feedback returns slightly less energy than its melee counterpart.

Advantages

Biofeedback
Enhancement
+ Every melee hit made with Feedback has a small chance of applying Deadly Poison to your enemy, which may stack up to 5 times and deals Toxic damage over time.
+ Deadly Poison is a type of Poison.
+ This effect does not apply to ranged attacks made with Feedback.

Close Attack
Pincer
Melee Damage - Poison - Combo

"You form sharp Pincers in order to engage an enemy in close range."

Click
+ Deals single target Slashing damage.

Combo Finish
+ Pincer may inflict Deadly Poison on your foe after its final successive attack.
+ Deadly Poison deals periodic Toxic damage over time and may stack up to 5 times. This damage partially penetrates through most Shield effects.
+ Deadly Poison is a type of Poison.

Advantages

Crab Battle!
Enhancement
+ If you are Enraged, Pincer attacks have a chance of causing your foe to begin Bleeding as well. Bleed instances may stack up to 5 and deal Slashing damage over time.

Bioelectric Claws
Enhancement
+ Upon completing Pincer's combo, your primary target will take Electrical damage which may Arc to other nearby foes.

Close Area Attack
Assimilation
Melee AoE Damage - Shield - Heal

"Your complex genetic makeup enables you to use your own enemies for restoration!"

Click
+ Deals Slashing damage to targets in front of you.
+ If you are already at full health, you will receive a shield effect. This shield takes into account your damage resistance.
+ If you are damaged, Assimilation attacks will heal you very slightly with every strike.
+ This heal can not crit but does scale with your Super Stats.

Advantages

Bioelectricity
Enhancement
+ Every time Assimilation strikes a foe it may potentially inflict Electrical damage. This effect can sometimes Arc to other nearby enemies.
Post edited by speanoz on

Comments

• speanozspeanoz Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    Tier 1 Powers
    Requires 1 power from Alien Physiology or 2 non-energy-building powers from any framework.
    Close Attack
    Crusher
    Melee Damage - Knock Down

"Your fists combine together to form a large and effective hammer."

Click
    + Deals single target Crushing damage.

Charge
    + Increase damage and energy cost of the Tap effect.
    + Fully charging this power will Knock Down your target.
    + Deals increased damage versus enemies that are immune to Knock effects, such as bosses.

Advantages

Ground Pounder
    Enhancement
    + Fully charging this power will also Knock Down foes that are near your primary target.

Close Area Attack
    WIP

Ranged Attack
    WIP

Ranged Area Attack
    WIP

Movement
    WIP

Active Powers
    WIP

Slotted Passive
    WIP

Toggle Forms
    Adaptation: Carapace
    Buff - Form

"Your robust epidermis can change to better defend you from any form of damage."

Toggle
    + Activating this power grants the Carapace buff, enabling you to receive stacks of temporary damage resistance buffs to specific damage types.
    + Each time this ability applies a new stack of any Carapace type, the timer on its respective buff is refreshed.
    + This form scales with your Constitution as well as your other Super Stats to a lesser extent.
    + Grants you energy any time you gain any Carapace type buff.
    + At Rank Two, 1 additional instance of every Carapace type may be received. At Rank Three, 2 additional instances may be received.

Trigger Conditions
    + Receiving Energy damage (Electricity, Sonic, Particle) grants a stack of Carapace: Energy.
    + Receiving Physical damage (Crushing, Slashing, Piercing) grants a stack of Carapace: Physical.
    + Receiving Paranormal damage (Dimensional, Ego, Magic) grants a stack of Carapace: Paranormal.
    + Receiving Elemental damage (Fire, Cold, Toxic) grants a stack of Carapace: Elemental.
    + Every instance of a specific Carapace increases your damage resistance to its reciprocated damage type. Multiple Carapace types may be active at once but each may only stack up to 4 times.
    + You may only gain any instance of Carapace every 3 seconds.

Side Effects
    + Activating a different Adaptation power Form will immediately remove any Carapace types currently active and instead apply Mutation: Carapace, granting you a minor damage resistance buff for as long as the new Adaptation toggle Form is active.
    - You must fully charge this power to activate it, and taking any damage will interrupt your concentration, canceling the charge.
    - While this power is active, the energy cost of all your other powers is slightly increased.
    - You may only have one Form power active at a time.
    - Activating a Form power immediately ends any pre-existing Forms.
    - Multiple Mutation effects cannot be active at once. The application of a new Mutation will override the prior buff application.
    Adaptation: Bioelectricity
    Buff - Form

"Your body and mind shift focus towards ranged combat."

Toggle
    + Activating this power grants a stack of the Bioenergy buff, increasing your ranged damage and melee damage to a much lesser degree.
    + This Form scales with your Ego.
    + Grants you energy when you gain a stack of this buff.
    + You can have up to 8 stacks of this buff.
    + At Rank Two, 2 instances of the Bioenergy buff are granted at activation. At Rank Three, you gain 3 instances on activation.

Trigger Conditions
    WIP

Side Effects
    + Activating a different Adaptation power Form will immediately remove any stacks of Bioenergy currently active and instead apply Mutation: Bioelectricity, granting you a minor ranged damage buff for as long as the new Adaptation toggle Form is active.
    - You must fully charge this power to activate it, and taking any damage will interrupt your concentration, canceling the charge.
    - While this power is active, the energy cost of all your other powers is slightly increased.
    - Multiple Mutation effects cannot be active at once. The application of a new Mutation will override the prior buff application.
    Adaptation: Instinct
    Buff - Form

"Your body and mind shift focus towards melee combat. Get up close and personal!"

Toggle
    + Activating this power grants a stack of the Instinctive buff, increasing your melee damage and ranged damage to a much lesser degree.
    + This Form scales with your Strength.
    + Grants you energy when you gain a stack of this buff.
    + You can have up to 8 stacks of this buff.
    + At Rank Two, 2 instances of the Instinctive buff are granted at activation. At Rank Three, you gain 3 instances on activation.

Trigger Conditions
    WIP

Side Effects
    + Activating a different Adaptation power Form will immediately remove any stacks of Instinctive currently active and instead apply Mutation: Instinct, granting you a minor melee damage buff for as long as the new Adaptation toggle Form is active.

Block
    WIP

Energy Unlock
    WIP
    edited May 2020
    Reserved.
    (Tier 2.)
    edited May 2020