test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 4/9/2020

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
edited April 2020 in Release Notes
Defender's National Training Program
For the next 2 weeks this event will be running! To participate you must create a brand new character and level them to 40 within the event dates. It does not matter how you get to 40. the character must be brand new, existing characters do not qualify.
  • Added a new event store that includes some past rewards from this event.
  • Completing this event now grants the character you completed it on 3 "Defender's national Training Program" tokens. These can be used in the new store. These tokens must be used before the vendor departs (the vendor will stick around for 1 week after the event ends).
  • Added Treadmill and Boombox emotes to the event store.
  • Players who complete the event will get the "Herculean" title.
  • You do not need to pick up any missions for this event.
  • If you are not granted the rewards upon hitting level 40, relog the character.

Alert Event
For the next 2 weeks the Alerts bonus event will be running.

ZEN Store
The Inline Skate key pack will be available until Monday the 13th, 10am.
  • 900 ZEN
  • 10x Keys
  • 1x Inline Skates Costume Pack

Collector's Store
For the next week the Collector's Lockbox will be dropping from enemies!
  • Added the contents of the Reactor lockbox to this store.

Serene Abyss
  • Fixed an issue where a boss was not scaling properly when encountered on a team.

Recognition Vendors
  • Added a variety of enemy costume drops to these stores.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• bruinslagabruinslaga Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    Woot inline skates!
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    So how do people with more than limit characters participate in this event?
  • historiphilehistoriphile Posts: 86 Arc User
    @kaiserin The jumbo glasses costume unlock (incl. its smaller, more popular version) from last year's FoxBatCon - not present this year. Why?

There are too few good glasses costumes like that to be making those unavailable.
  • championsrperchampionsrper Posts: 66 Arc User
    WHY WOULD YOU MAKE TWO NEW EMOTES THAT EACH COST TWO TOKENS AND ONLY GIVE US 3 TOKENS THAT EXPIRE AFTER THE EVENT.

WHY!!!!!!!!!!
  • historiphilehistoriphile Posts: 86 Arc User
    WHY WOULD YOU MAKE TWO NEW EMOTES THAT EACH COST TWO TOKENS AND ONLY GIVE US 3 TOKENS THAT EXPIRE AFTER THE EVENT.

WHY!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah... I'm gonna earn 3 tokens; I can only use 2 on an emote because there isn't anything I can actually spend that other 1 on. Kaiserin made it implicitly clear in another thread yesterday that there's no plan to make those Exclusive tokens do anything for people (LTS & and former loyal monthly subs) who already have everything in that store. And I'm fairly sure I maxed out my costume slots when they were an account unlock - and even if I haven't, I know others have.

Help make this a win for all of us. Give us an option we can use so we feel like our reward for completion wasn't partially a waste.
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    nevermind
  • jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    Are we able to complete this more than once? It doesn't fix the issue of your most loyal customers having an unusable token for no reason, but we would at least be able to get everything eventually.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    guyhumual wrote: »

Delete a character, make a new one, reach lvl 40.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User

WHY!!!!!!!!!!

There's allways next time.
    :#
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Question about tokens from the training program.

Let’s say I level up and don’t buy anything...will these tokens be available next time? And how often is this event going to be?

Or will end of year they be wiped?
  • heartstringsk3heartstringsk3 Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    There's allways next time.
    :#

Except they'll probably release two more emotes next time... which means you'd then need to level three characters to 40...
    Question about tokens from the training program.

Let’s say I level up and don’t buy anything...will these tokens be available next time? And how often is this event going to be?

Or will end of year they be wiped?

Nope, it's mentioned that the three tokens you get will be wiped a week after the event ends.

I... dunno. This feels ridiculously stingy. I mean, putting this out literally right after a two-week double XP event already feels kind of like a mean-spirited taunt. Then making it so you can't even get both new emotes by doing the event (unless you do it twice, which... jeez). I mean, it doesn't even line up with previous runs of the event where you get one emote and two costume parts; now you get one emote and one costume. Pretty much the only nice gesture towards the players is it's now a two-week time limit so it's less of a scramble.
  • jstar2jstar2 Posts: 2 Arc User
    I love these limited release packs because they always drop when I don't have the money to get them. GG.
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
    guyhumual wrote: »
    Sadly, delete a character and reuse it, twice. You're not the only one feeling this pain.
  • speanozspeanoz Posts: 238 Arc User
    jstar2 wrote: »
    I love these limited release packs because they always drop when I don't have the money to get them. GG.

I get the sarcasm. Don't worry, I'm not that helpless!

I just plain dislike them period. I think they set a bad precedent and embody the wrong kind of outer-game marketing strategy. :(
  • tyelztyelz Posts: 4 Arc User
    this event is just for 1 new character reach lv 40 / account, or for each new character reach lv 40 ?
    tyelz wrote: »
    this event is just for 1 new character reach lv 40 / account, or for each new character reach lv 40 ?
    Each within the time limit, and the character is created during this event.
    qawsada wrote: »
    so.. If I make 2 new character, all reach lvl 40, I got total 6 "Defender's national Training Program" tokens ( 3 each) ?
  • jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    speanoz wrote: »
    I just plain dislike them period.

I think literally everyone does.
    so.. If I make 2 new character, all reach lvl 40, I got total 6 "Defender's national Training Program" tokens ( 3 each) ?
    you get three token on the character that reach to level 40. They are not merge together if you're thinking of trying to get 3 emotes from doing this.
    you get three token on the character that reach to level 40. They are not merge together if you're thinking of trying to get 3 emotes from doing this.

so.. its only valid for first new character reach lvl 40 and not repeatable? thank you.

so.. its only valid for first new character reach lvl 40 and not repeatable? thank you.
    You can't really relevel the same character to level 40, so you need to make another new character and level that character to level 40. This is the only way to get most of the emote from this event.

You can't really relevel the same character to level 40, so you need to make another new character and level that character to level 40. This is the only way to get most of the emote from this event.

Sorry for my bad English its cause confusion, I mean I make another new character, not relevel it. so what I said about 2 new character is, 2 difference character using 2 slot character. I just wonder, if as many as new character I create can get prize each of it, I will make atleast 2 new character ( 2 slot chars). But if its only can trigger once each account. I just make 1 new character only.
    You only need to unlock the emote you want once and its usable for all characters in your account. Yes, you can use two character slots, max it to 40 each, and you can get two emote this way.