test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20200325.20 - Emotes/Collector's Store

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
edited April 2020 in PTS - The Archive
Defender's National Training Program
  • Added a new event store that includes some past rewards from this event.
  • Completing this event now grants the character you completed it on 3 tokens. These can be used in the new store.
  • Added Treadmill and Boombox emotes to the event store.
  • Players who complete the event will get the "Herculean" title.

Collector's Store
For the next week the Collector's Lockbox will be dropping from enemies!
  • Added the contents of the Reactor lockbox to this store.

Serene Abyss
  • Fixed an issue where a boss was not scaling properly when encountered on a team.

Recognition Vendors
  • Added a variety of enemy costume drops to these stores.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    I was afraid of what would happened to the Premium costume tokens, but I was relieved to see that they will be still accessible which makes me happy for more specific costumes I need :grimace:

Only issue: Exlusive Vendor is still asking for Exlusive Costume Token! Not for the Premium Costume Token the new vendor is giving
    It's the same Token but different Name! Exlusive & Premium, It would be awful to realize the tokens are not unusable once you get them because they are not being recognized

qPP27Vg.png

Well, PTS Debugger doesnt give access to those tokens to test the new Emotes! If for the future of testing could have Debugger having access to Defender Training Program Tokens would be neat
    5MzxIjw.png​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • heartstringsk3heartstringsk3 Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    Will there be a way to exchange tokens from previous runs for the new one? Like, if I have 2 saved up from the last run because I ran out of Exclusive costume parts to buy, would I be able to use them to buy the new emotes?
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2020
    Tokens from the event will not carry over to the next event.

Exclusive tokens can only be exchanged for items in the Exclusive store.​​
  • historiphilehistoriphile Posts: 83 Arc User
    Are the Exclusive Costume Tokens going to become backward exchangeable if/when they become 'Premium Costume Tokens'? Because I have 6 E.C.T. and I'm LTS - I already have that store's costume items. Just any way to use them would be nice.
    There are no current plans to make the Exclusive tokens exchangeable for any other type of token.

Quick update to PTS to the debugger stores.​​
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    The costume slots have the problem that the character you want them on is rather likely not to be the same one you just raised to level 40.
  • historiphilehistoriphile Posts: 83 Arc User
    There are no current plans to make the Exclusive tokens exchangeable for any other type of token. ​​

Please consider it! I'm sure I'm not alone among LTS players who play these events and are accumulating those Exclusive tokens with no way to use them.

A questionite buyoff?
    Costume slots?
    Being able sell them / gift them to someone else?
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Emotes
    Treadmill doesn't scale with the toon's size while Boombox scales alright.

Will this update make the previous Exclusive Tokens redundant or it won't affect it? I still have Exclusive tokens from old events.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • shortbus#4297 shortbus Posts: 100 Arc User
    Does completing the quest twice allow me to buy both emotes (one character gets boombox and the other gets treadmill)?

Also, if I am at max (and then some) on costume slots, can I use this event to get more?

And, as a DJ for Dawn Radio, I love the idea of a boom box emote. =)
    To clarify, completing this event grants the character who completed it 3 "Defender's National Training Program" tokens. These tokens are character bound and can be used to purchase items in the new event store. One of the items you can purchase are Exclusive costume tokens, which can be used in the Exclusive store (where the old lifetime costumes are located).

Each character leveled to 40 will get 3 tokens.

Defender's National Training Program tokens will not carry over into the next event. They must be spent before the vendor goes away (it will persist a week after the event ends).

Exclusive Costume Tokens do not expire.

Costume slots sold in the store obey the cap, so if you are at the costume slot cap you will not be able to purchase them.​​
  • mutantmaidsmutantmaids Posts: 118 Arc User
    So uh, what if we're at the character cap already, and our characters have event-time-limited emotes and devices on them, so we can't really delete any without losing those? Are we gonna be given a free slot or something so we can participate without having to delete something we can't get for another year?
  • speanozspeanoz Posts: 238 Arc User
    There are no current plans to make the Exclusive tokens exchangeable for any other type of token. ​​

Please consider it! I'm sure I'm not alone among LTS players who play these events and are accumulating those Exclusive tokens with no way to use them.

A questionite buyoff?
    Costume slots?
    I'm with you on this!

Right now, it's kinda' shucks having those tokens as a LTSer. :(
  • wraith9thwraith9th Posts: 61 Arc User

A questionite buyoff?
    Costume slots?

Seconded...
    Or was it thirded. Whatever-ed.

They're just accumulating dust in our bags. Would be awesome if LTS could use them (in any one of the ways @historiphile has suggested).

In-game: @Wraith_9th
  • nique554nique554 Posts: 66 Arc User
    Damn... I *just* leveled a character to 40. :< Oh well, time to do it again! \o/
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 736 Arc User
    So uh, what if we're at the character cap already, and our characters have event-time-limited emotes and devices on them, so we can't really delete any without losing those? Are we gonna be given a free slot or something so we can participate without having to delete something we can't get for another year?
    I kind of worry about this as well. We got a character slot from last years that bypass the limit, but I assume that was an anniversary gift rather than the defender program. The first one that game out didn't really work at all for capped character slot players.
  • jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    wraith9th wrote: »
    Seconded...

They're just accumulating dust in our bags. Would be awesome if LTS could use them (in any one of the ways @historiphile has suggested).

Fourth'd, but don't count on LTS being thrown anything helpful. The only thing they've been able to do lately is remove longstanding features that were part of marketing the LTS in the first place. At this point I'm just thankful when they aren't taking things away from me.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User

jonesing4 wrote: »
    wraith9th wrote: »
    Seconded...

Fourth'd, but don't count on LTS being thrown anything helpful. The only thing they've been able to do lately is remove longstanding features that were part of marketing the LTS in the first place. At this point I'm just thankful when they aren't taking things away from me.

/Fifthdedededed

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • wbaker256#3172 wbaker256 Posts: 29 Arc User
    Recognition Vendors
    • Added a variety of enemy costume drops to these stores.
    ​​

I'm not seeing any new options outside of those already present. What was supposed to have been added?
    Proud player of both CO and STO!
This discussion has been closed.