test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 3/31/2020

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
edited March 2020 in Release Notes
Foxbatcon
For the next 2 weeks Foxbatcon will be running!
  • New loading screen.
  • Moved the Foxbat Shirt costume drops from Swag bags to potential drops from Foxbat Fans enemies.
  • Increased currency gained from daily missions.
  • Removed Exchange store. All perks obtainable through the exchange store can now be obtained by unlocking the appropriate items.
  • Added account wide versions of the following emotes when you unlock them on 10 characters: Twister Dance, Juggle, Look Up, Poke with a Stick, Slow Clap, Mime. These can be tracked in the perk window.
  • Emotes have been moved from the store to potential drops from Swag Bags.
  • Added a variety of items to the Miscellaneous tab of the event store.
  • Added Bent Baseball Bat costume to the event store.
  • Known issue: Costume related perks are currently not completing. Ex: unlocking the foxbat shirt costume is not currently granting the perk.
  • Known issue: Emma's store is currently requesting old currency. This will be corrected later on this week.
Missions:
  • New Mission: Help the Foxbatcon merchant retrieve swag bags stolen from him. (Daily)
  • New Mission: Complete the Save the Swag! mission 5 times. Awards the Bike Helmet costume.
  • New Mission: Complete the Real Foxbat mission 5 times. Awards the Boxing Gloves costume. (Available starting next week)
  • New Mission: Complete the Fox Hunt mission 10 times. Awards the Stunt Double loyal sidekick.

Serene Abyss
  • A new mission is available. if you have completed the last mission speak with Dr. Ka to receive a new mission. This mission requires you to go to Vibora Bay, and your character must be adequate level to do so.
  • Added perks for completing Serial missions and lore.

Vibora Bay
  • Players who have completed the Crisis on their account at least once can enter Vibora Bay on any character once they have reached level 34. This change is retroactive, but you must first log into a character who has completed it.

Costumes
  • Added preview images for Lemurian costume drops.
  • Added preview images for Vikorin's costume drops.

Powers
  • Adjusted Power Skating animations while in combat.
  • Updated tooltip for the Decoy Drones Weapon System so you can see what effect it has while viewing the item.

Questionite
  • Added Decoy Spotlight Weapon Systems to the Questionite store. These will be available while Foxbatcon is running.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• grunspelgrunspel Posts: 15 Arc User
    Players who have completed the Crisis on their account at least once can enter Vibora Bay on any character once they have reached level 34. This change is retroactive, but you must first log into a character who has completed it.

Thank you. I honestly didn't mind the first few times, but now it's getting too redundant every time I decide I want to go to Vibora Bay with some new character I created and leveled up. There are so many missions after the Crisis that I have never done because I had already reached level 40. Now I'll actually have an incentive to do them. Thanks again.
  • blackout1976blackout1976 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    dyHkNae.gif
    Any word on Tear Down?
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    Sabretooth called, he wants his whole look back =)
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • mastercontrol7mastercontrol7 Posts: 181 Arc User
    LOVE the Loading Screen.
  • Now now, let's not devolve into that sort of thing.
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    grunspel wrote: »
    Players who have completed the Crisis on their account at least once can enter Vibora Bay on any character once they have reached level 34. This change is retroactive, but you must first log into a character who has completed it.

Thank you. I honestly didn't mind the first few times, but now it's getting too redundant every time I decide I want to go to Vibora Bay with some new character I created and leveled up. There are so many missions after the Crisis that I have never done because I had already reached level 40. Now I'll actually have an incentive to do them. Thanks again.

I've done the Crisis over 100 times, I think I got a couple of toons that haven't reached level 34 yet, and a couple that I never bothered to finish the crisis with, so it's probably a bit late for me, but I welcome this change whole heatedly. It's good that this zone isn't locked behind the Crisis anymore, but sadly a lot of the vibora missions are kind of trash, however their are a few gems in this zone, and the ones I liked in particular involve Foxbat.
  • phasestarphasestar Posts: 116 Arc User
    I've done the previous missions, but am not getting the third from Dr. Ka, just a repeat of the first two. Is there something else required to unlock it?
  • phasestar wrote: »
    I've done the previous missions, but am not getting the third from Dr. Ka, just a repeat of the first two. Is there something else required to unlock it?

Have you done chapter 3?
  • phasestarphasestar Posts: 116 Arc User
    I did the entire first serial and have done the first two of the second part. I'm trying to get the third part to unlock without luck so far.
  • phasestar wrote: »
    I did the entire first serial and have done the first two of the second part. I'm trying to get the third part to unlock without luck so far.

3rd chapter of Serene Abyss is a box near Irwin, chapter 4 is the final part of Serene Abyss.
  • whatdakrakwhatdakrak Posts: 47 Arc User
    Please proof read mission text before pushing it to live servers.
    Bug
    Dr. Ka text for mission "A Life in Hiding"
    2nd Paragraph, 17th word.
    "here" should be "her"

i know you think nobody reads your mission text, but some of us do.
  • ghost#7389 ghost Posts: 29 Arc User
    a question, does the account wide unlock count for the Mime emote too? because it also drops from the boxes in the swag bags.
    Characters: Cybrax - DJ of SinAmatic Entertainment Radio - http://my.powerstream.live:8800/
  • rhapthorn#5903 rhapthorn Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    stuck with foxbatified, how do i get my look back?

Ok sorted it out.
    Post edited by rhapthorn#5903 on
  • captainhunter1captainhunter1 Posts: 409 Arc User
    Vibora Bay
    • Players who have completed the Crisis on their account at least once can enter Vibora Bay on any character once they have reached level 34. This change is retroactive, but you must first log into a character who has completed it.
    ​​

This is a very welcome improvement. Vibora Bay has always been very cool, but very hard to access compared to other parts of the game.

And while on the subject of access, how about some quick, easy access improvements to UNITY 2 set in Vibora Bay? See this thread: https://arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/discussion/1208106/unity-2-making-it-more-accessible. Not asking for a entire revamp of the system - just some simple fixes that would make UNITY 2 much easier to access for the vast majority of the playerbase. :)
  • heroshima1heroshima1 Posts: 107 Arc User
    So this seems new, and irritating...Investigating Foxbats around the city and I cannot investigate a Foxbat that I have previously clicked on. I understand not doing it right away as they seem to respawn quickly, but this is DAYS later! How about a 24 hour clock on the ones previously investigated. Otherwise, to finish the Foxbat hunt for 10 days, we'll need to find 100 unique Foxbats! I have had a hard enough time finding 20 (2 dailies completed).
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    The foxbat timer is I think 7 days. There are 100 foxbats around the city.
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    There is a map too..

It’s not hard
    Where's the map?
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
  • You changed the price of Viper Rampage Serum from 3 SCR to 300 SCR.

P8ilx0e.gif
    Thanks!
  • march22nd#1099 march22nd Posts: 12 Arc User
    You need some sort of perk/title for anyone who finds the foxbat backup device and then activates it on the stage in the rec center, because only then have you really brought Foxbat to the convention
  • historiphilehistoriphile Posts: 86 Arc User
    What happened to the jumbo glasses costume that were introduced last year?
  • daderganonumbersdaderganonumbers Posts: 64 Arc User
    You need some sort of perk/title for anyone who finds the foxbat backup device and then activates it on the stage in the rec center, because only then have you really brought Foxbat to the convention

Seconded!