test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Shredded" Applying Powers

hemslordhemslord Posts: 164 Arc User
edited January 2020 in Power Discussion
I was planning a build that would be using slashing damage but didn't want to use a combo attack to apply shredded, so I went through all of the powers to see what alternatives I could find. However, I could only find I think 3 powers that applied it, all of which are combo powers (Viper's Fangs naturally, Reaper's Caress w/adv & Shred w/adv).

As far as I can tell, every other debuff has a single click attack that can apply it so I was wondering if I've missed a power somewhere (outside of the Will of the Tiger Club device)?

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    There's Blade Tempest, Barbed Chain w/ adv, and Slash w/ adv as well- though those are also combos. EotS also has a Shredded adv, though that's obv not at all ideal for single-targets. Bladed Fury is an ult that can apply Shredded too, though that power has to be unlocked, it's a bit costly, and it has a long cd.

While you may have to take a combo to apply Shredded, you can still refresh it w/o a combo, if you prefer.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • hemslordhemslord Posts: 164 Arc User
    That's unfortunate but not much I can do about it I suppose! I was considering just using the Will of the Tiger Club and refreshing with Eviscerate but I know debuffs have a tendency to not refresh properly during cosmic fights.

Also thanks for reminding me of Barbed Chain, I may actually be able to work that in thematically.
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    Yeah basically your only non-combo appliers are:

Will of the Tiger Cub (device)
    Bladed Fury (ultimate, unlock required)

Both of these have a 60s cooldown, however.

Here's the pros and cons of each combo applier, ordered by the speed by which they cycle through all their hits:

Slash: 1.43s, poor aoe radius, poor damage, requires advantage
    Viper's Fangs: 1.5s, good aoe radius, good damage, no advantage
    Shred: 1.67s, awful aoe radius, poor damage, advantage required
    Reaper's: 1.7s, great aoe radius, good damage, requires advantage
    Barbed Chain: 2s, terrible aoe radius (last hit only), poor damage, advantage required
    Blade Tempest: 2.17s, good aoe radius, good damage, no advantage

And finally, Eye of the Storm requires 5.5 sec for a guaranteed apply, which makes it the worst choice by a huge margin. It has a good aoe radius (full 360 coverage) but awful damage due to the down-scaling as you maintain it. The shield can be nice, though.

So yeah, those are your options. Combos really aren't that bad, and if you do decide on one, I'd suggest Viper's Fangs due to its fast application combined with decent damage and lack of BS advantage requirements needed to apply a core mechanic to your target. Reaper's is also good due to its lower cost and extra damage from bleed stacks.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Moments like this call for a updated list of "De Buffs and Debuffs".