test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Future of Champions Survey

Champions - we're shaping the future of Champions Online, and we want your input! Please take less than five minutes to fill out this survey, and let us know your thoughts!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LMMTPFS

Comments

• ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Done. I hope it’s not in vain.
  • done and done
  • nique554nique554 Posts: 66 Arc User
    Done, hope these are actually taken seriously.
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,069 Arc User
    Completed.

Will there be a "results" posted after some time? I would like to see what others pick as their priorities.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
    Very low population use forums though
  • lunnylunnylunnylunny Posts: 186 Arc User
    Done, thank you for taking the time to do this and, most likely, read through what we're saying. Take care out there... or in there if you're stuck indoors!
  • panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    Can't think of a better time to send this out. Thanks for asking for our opinion! Lots of folks on the forum here won't say it, but it's deeply appreciated by the players.
  • xeronuxxeronux Posts: 16 Arc User
    I've done the survey as well! Looking forward to some great things to come!
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    I'm concerned that the survey does not seem very well thought out. E.g. I know many people live for the tailor, but that wasn't even an option for the question about what players spend time doing. Results may not be truly representative of what people actually want/do?

They should definitely advertise it on Discord, the News section of the web site. heck, even make it a sub-mission for FoxbatCon.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • mordray001mordray001 Posts: 218 Arc User
    I can say for a fact, I was on Discord at the time when Ambassador Kael posted to the Discord that this was a thing. Sadly the way that service works would require a rather frequent post to be made.
  • speanozspeanoz Posts: 238 Arc User
    Done. I hope it’s not in vain.
    nique554 wrote: »
    Done, hope these are actually taken seriously.
    panthrax77 wrote: »
    Can't think of a better time to send this out. Thanks for asking for our opinion! Lots of folks on the forum here won't say it, but it's deeply appreciated by the players.
    I certainly agree with most folks here! I sincerely hope that this survey is a potential sign of good things to come in the future!

jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    They should definitely advertise it on Discord, the News section of the web site. heck, even make it a sub-mission for FoxbatCon.
    Heck, even throw it on the Launcher! That way people really can't avoid it. :p
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,386 Arc User
    I added my opinion but I'm not sure the survey even takes my position on Champions into account. I'm usually on 10 to 20 hours a week but I don't particularly like much of the content. I'm strictly here for the tailors. I'd welcome more alerts, more side adventures, but I don't really play the end game stuff now so seeing more of that would be completely wasted on me.
  • bladestabladesta Posts: 60 Arc User
    Done.

Really hopeful that something is done with this feedback! Difficult to believe that I've actually been playing this game on and off for the last 9 years, that's really something.
  • guardiannexusguardiannexus Posts: 138 Arc User
    Done and put my name on it, if you have any questions.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Just remember everyone, just because the things you want don't end up being what they focus on doesn't mean they didn't listen to the survey. It just means that most everyone else gave different answers than you did.
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,069 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Just remember everyone, just because the things you want don't end up being what they focus on doesn't mean they didn't listen to the survey. It just means that most everyone else gave different answers than you did.

I
    AM
    UNIQUE​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    I already accepted Personal Mags no coming to Live but am hoping you guys will make some compromise.

Also, please prioritize buffing underperforming sets like Earth and Archery.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Earth needs to be rock solid.
  • vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    Secondeded.

• Done. Just hope they actually WILL stop using Lani Minella for voice overs.
    Please... PLEASE stop! You are ruining perfectly good content with her...
    whatever she thinks it is she's doing...!
  • speanozspeanoz Posts: 238 Arc User
    vonqball wrote: »
    Secondeded.

And I thirdithed!
  • thebluelinkthebluelink Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    speanoz wrote: »
    Secondeded.

And I thirdithed!

fourthededed uwu
    nice profile picture bro
  • speanoz wrote: »
    Secondeded.

And I thirdithed!

fourthededed uwu

EGG!!
    Don't you wish they would just say that, for whatever reason, they can't do this? It's been what, a year and a half now? If it was something they could do, it seems like it'd be up by now.
    I already accepted Personal Mags no coming to Live but am hoping you guys will make some compromise.

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • norway174norway174 Posts: 9 Arc User
    Where's the survey option to restore XMPP-support and Cross-chat? :s

Type it in the comments
  • ragadolfragadolf Posts: 95 Arc User
    Done!
    Thank you for asking for our input.
  • blumoon8blumoon8 Posts: 430 Arc User
    Intrigued to see what comes of this!

I say stuff and I say things, sometimes together but only when I'm feeling adventurous.

I'm @blu8 in game! :D
  • nyghtshroude#9048 nyghtshroude Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    I gave a basic take on how to allow players to play as villains through a daily mission involving a device that when unlocked will let them temporarily become bad to play special versions of grab and smash alerts as a villain. Choose your minions from the Nemesis system and do battle against one of the Champions backed up by the MCPD and UNTIL. While in villain mode, you will be targeted like Onslaught Villains so you'll have to stay alert. The entity that allows you to become evil also has a store where you can buy unique items and such with special Villain Tokens. When activated, the device changes your interface to slightly red to show you've gone evil temporarily. You willingly allow a demon (found in the magic gem given to you by the spirit) to temporarily influence you in exchange for exclusives from the special store. Add in a PVP mode that's heroes versus villains too.

I remember there being talk about making characters able to become a raid boss - this could be part of it. Your eyes will glow red during your possession. The demon inside the gem enhances your abilities, essentially letting you be a boss. Oh did I mention it's a daily mission? Come get evil for gear and profit. The spirit who gives you the stone tells you that you can't do Radiation Rumble or Pyramid Power because there's too much power and the demon inside the gem will possess you permanently once it gets a taste of either. The transformation lasts 2 hours of game time.
  • psychicslugpsychicslug Posts: 721 Arc User
    To be a villain should be a PVP thing and start area should be as such, i mean you could go it alone but might get beat up and killed a lot. or join a faction and train and them have you under their protection, so that you would do stuff and missions for a bigger boss until able to strike out for your self and maybe take over the gang if that's your thing or make one of your own at some point. Kind of like the nemesis thing but your making your gang and not your nemesis, as to foe this could be chosen from a set list of the heroes in game or an option to have another player choose to be yours. In the latter if your on line or he is at the same time special mission alert would pop for you two and option to do a one on one or team option also available, which could be tow or 3 total one each side. seeing as sometime this may not be possible, then a random lesser hero or villain could be put in as a sub.
  • galactickirigalactickiri Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    Glad to see community opinions requested. Truth is, I picked this one up in the summer of 2012, as the announcement came that City of Heroes was going away. I knew I was going to need something to get my superhero MMO fix, which became a required thing after the splendor of CoX. Like many others here, I had numerous Paragon heroes that became refugees in MC.

And I'll be honest- it took me some time to warm up to this game. It didn't grab me instantly...not like CoX did. The game didn't feel as developed. The pantheon of signature heroes and villains felt too flat, too generic by comparison. A lot of the content felt like a struggling, 3rd-party comic developer trying to stand up to the MCU or DCU.

In time, I learned to live with that. I focused on what CO did as good as CoX, sometimes even better.

The full, Freeform customizing. Better character models, an arsenal of costume and weapon pieces with better detail and textures. All this let my best characters shine...the ones that first appeared in Paragon City, or even earlier. I got into collecting costume pieces and weapons, and I got a lot of my own signature heroes almost exactly the way they're supposed to look and fight.

In that regard, I'm enjoying CO even more these days, even though I'm back in form on the CoX emulators.

What became my substitute fix, I ended up in pretty hardcore. Older, not getting all the development it needs...but this game needs to stay. It's good...better than it looks at first glance. Let's keep rolling here.

Well, another post that will be deleted because of what it mentions. When will people learn?
    JwLmWoa.png
  • screwthisprocessscrewthisprocess Posts: 186 Arc User
    Nemesis was actually my favorite type of content. I did not see that in there unless it was clumped in with Custom Alerts and such.

Become devices are my favorite type of reward or items; did not see that in there neither. Unless it was clumped in with powers, which I chose.

Become Cosmic bosses, I needz that.
  • pdking#1420 pdking Posts: 2 Arc User
    Done hope I'm not the only one asking about actual new Archetypes and customizable sidekicks.
  • granitritegranitrite Posts: 38 Arc User
    and super late but i hope its going to go somewhere within a few years.
    Im hoping that with some major content drops and some marketing that this game can get a resurrections and the RP scene can be revived to be something proper.
  • servantrulesservantrules Posts: 312 Arc User
    granitrite wrote: »
    Im hoping that with some major content drops and some marketing that this game can get a resurrections and the RP scene can be revived to be something proper.

For a second there, I thought this was a new survey. :# On that note, CO should probably have a new one done.
  • granitritegranitrite Posts: 38 Arc User
    granitrite wrote: »

For a second there, I thought this was a new survey. :# On that note, CO should probably have a new one done.

probably yeah
  • Old survey, I know.

But here's my feedback:

Show some love for the players!
    Allow us to have fun!

That's all.

Instead it more feels like you hate us.

Do you hate us?

See latest patch notes thread for more feedback:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/discussion/1216406/release-notes-7-29-2021