test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cosmics Failing rather than Succeeding - What now?

glortorglortor Posts: 324 Arc User
Okay, I'll just deal with the bullying, abuse and hate for coming out with this but more and more people voice this and nobody dares to report it because people are afraid of the bully culture on here.

Cosmics need looked at. They fail regularly, it's not the players' fault, they are not good content. They do too much damage and have a lot of mechanics that are Randomly Messing Up.
Especially Dino.
They fail more often than they succeed by now and they are not fun or interesting, people only do them for the recog and many don't even bother.

Kiga needing an interrupt is bad. Nobody ever takes that skill and stuns are either aoe which is not good, or have a charge time.

Dino is just stupid. Why should a tank role with maximum possible resistance and health die in a single hit just for missing a block? It makes no sense and once people got geared they avoid it like the plague.
We need their damage reduced and make them more user-friendly.

This content is unfun, a massive waste of time and it doesn't make players like the game any better. Please fix.

Come at me, lollers.

Comments

• ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    So what does this have to do with bullying?

I don’t think you know what that word means.

Suggestions are always fine.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Maybe he meant lollygagging?
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    glortor wrote: »
    Cosmics need looked at. They fail regularly, it's not the players' fault.
    Statement 1 is true. Statement 2 is false. The only thing that has changed about cosmics is that a lot of the players who used to force them to succeed are no longer logging in and/or not bothering with cosmics.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    Huh? I hardly ever see Cosmics fail (maybe 1-2 in the last 3 months for me). They make take a while to get going (waiting for CCers to appear for Kiga and ape, and tanks for dino), and sometimes they take a while to complete (e.g. dealing with messed up dog aggro, knotheads hitting hearts, not high enough dps for checks), but eventually they almost all seem to complete. In fact, sometimes dino goes so fast that a Baby Tank may not get credit (because DPSers won't hold back enough to allow them to get 100K). I am fairly regularly on early morning (EST) and later afternoon runs that complete 3 of them in 45 minutes. If anything, when one has a good team moving through the rotation, they sometimes seem too easy. I've seen 2 dinos go down in 20 minutes.

With Cosmic Week there is often an uptick in incomplete or lengthy runs due to many new players trying them out, but that's just a week.

I do Cosmics every day because I enjoy them. In fact, for the last month+ I have had no characters that needed new gear and was just doing them for the challenge of improving myself at them with some of my less-played characters, and also to fill missing roles and so help out other players. E.g. alting to an AoED when there is a surplus of tanks at dino, or bringing AoRP to make it easier on squishy dps at Kiga; just trying to help the runs go a bit smoother.

So, for me, Cosmics are a lot of fun and the piece of endgame content that I enjoy the most. Probably they are the devs' most successful content revamp so far (though I also like Vikorin). Much better than the old days when a few players organized their lives around game timers, spawn camped them and murdered them in a few minutes so no one else ever got a chance at them.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    I should also add that the level of play among the regulars who do dino is sometimes quite impressive. E.g., a BT dying and someone leaping in to pick it up and the run not needing a reset.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • thebluelinkthebluelink Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    (i sure like having my posts eaten multiple times by the fourms uwuwuwuwuwuwuwuwwwww)
    Honestly, I wasn't even aware they were failing that often. I obviously haven't been around for every run ever but of the ones I have been to, they either go fine or take longer than usual but still complete, save for runs that don't start due to a lack of roles or something.

Now, I can probably agree partially on the interrupt for Kiga thing, although I'm generally indifferent about it I suppose, so that's the most I'll say about that.

As for Dino though, there are generally two ways to make your life easier: soak tanks and learning her pattern. You can be decently built in defense and health and still survive an unblocked hit if at full health with two other tanks; the rest of her kit is also easily telegraphed and will likely only one-shot you or land its' CC effect if you're just not paying attention.

Likewise, knowing her general pattern will keep you alive 10 times out of 10 since there's always a certain amount of time that passes between attacks, and her animations/wireframe bubbles tells you which aoe attack she plans to do when she doesn't bite with her tail whip being her most off-cycle attack. Most of my deaths as a tank are either because her attack desynced - although rare since her pattern is still unchanged, animation or not - my connection gets laggy, or I get careless and put myself in a non-block cancelable animation before an attack.

Regardless, if you'd rather not do cosmics anymore then you're more than free to make that choice for yourself, but I definitely don't know what can be "fixed" about them beyond the animation desyncs or something. In fact, I'm sure plenty of players would actually argue that they're actually too easy in their current state.
    nice profile picture bro
    More to the point, they likely don't have the time resources to "fix" cosmics. They haven't had the time to fix Eido or implement the promised personal growth magnifiers, which are 2 things not working at all, so hard to imagine them investing any time in something that does work, even if not to the liking of some.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    t4POvXU.jpg
    Now back to reality where forum peeps are super helpful any time someone says they're having trouble with content. I mean, just look at all the guides and videos and the builds section. Your post is a gold mine of [citation needed]. I mean... wow... you convinced yourself that the forums aren't welcoming of people who want to complain about any part of the game? How you did that?
    Dino is just stupid. Why should a tank role with maximum possible resistance and health die in a single hit just for missing a block?

Easy solution: Soak tanks. Also I'm pretty sure the toughest tanks out there can survive a bite so long as dino isn't enraged.

Kiga needing an interrupt is bad. Nobody ever takes that skill and stuns are either aoe which is not good, or have a charge time.

That entire second sentence is full of lies. People do in fact take stuns and interrupts, I've seen them using them! As for stuns all being aoe or having a charge time? There's multiple stuns that are single target taps, and they're quite useful even in things that aren't Kiga. So again, easy solution: take an interrupt/stun. You just saved the Kiga run!

As for that first sentence, the game expecting you to use the mechanics in that game is bad? Okay then, that's an opinion.
    This content is unfun, a massive waste of time and it doesn't make players like the game any better. Please fix.

Yes, that's why cosmics have been consistently popular ever since being introduced.
    Come at me, lollers.

What is loller? o3o
  • jamesbonnelljamesbonnell Posts: 170 Arc User
    No bullying here, but some thoughts. Many cosmic regulars have multiple characters who can fill many of the needed roles. Other folks have only one or a few characters at all and that's fine too.

All three cosmics can be tough, or all three can be fast with the right mix.

I'm a regular on ape and kiga cc. We could use more, but you need a FF or sometimes a Mind AT to do it. Not everyone can do these, but if you have LTS or FFs, please try to learn cc, MT, dog walker, or soak tanks, or healers.

The fights can be frustrating at times for sure, but depends on the mix of players and characters who show up.

One thing the devs can't fix, is who shows up. That's on us, the players.

So, learn the fights, be flexible, and have fun with it. If it gets frustrating enough, I just do something else.

As a dog cc, having a very controlled P1 is great. But zergs can be fun too... With, again, the right mix of players and characters.

So, in my view it's on us as players to show up and do the fights , not really the devs to fix as such.

$.02
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    On the things the Devs could fix:

Well I kinda like how Kiga (not his hounds) gets a little tricksy. This adds to the excitement, imo. The hounds' threat gets more out of whack with each failed attempt. Some of us can overcome it. Sometimes even when the dogs are perfectly CCed, one breaks free for no apparent reason.

Ape, the roar and fire breath are supposed to be 180 degree but sometimes it's more like 270 degree. And with the usually crowded melee area, a little off to the sides is deadly.

Dino: fix the "out of range" bug. And when Dino hasn't fully settled on main threat, if you are on the sides trying to GET threat, when it does a Hungering Maw, which is a forward 180 degree, becomes closer to a 270 degree.

Otherwise, others have said it well. Adapt to changes when things go pear shaped. "Try" and bring a needed role. Those of us that usually do, have other alts we'd like to play and shouldn't feel obligated to bring the primary roles each time.​​
    Post edited by warcanch on

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • n8mcdn8mcd Posts: 332 Arc User
    I was noticing a soak tank standing behind dino when not soaking forward attacks, were they soaking damage off the tail somehow, or standing there to draw the tail swipe away from DPS, or was it just curious placement choice?