test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Brigade, the Multi-Man

epeleskerepelesker Posts: 307 Arc User
Brigade, the Multi-Man, is a Super Hero with a unique power: he can split his body into multiple copies. Beyond that, whenever he makes a new copy, it develops its own powers, completely independent of his own super powers.
brigade_trio.jpg

Well, the description has been reworked and paraphrased a few times, but essentially, Brigade is a "duplicating" superhero concept created by Smackwell, and played over the years by dozens of others. I've recently made my own Brigade dupe in the past week (after years of having a costume file sitting there) and I admit I've since been somewhat driven to see this character brought back out of relative obscurity.

The character is open to be played by anyone, and is roleplayer-friendly. Also, it's almost Brigade's 10th anniversary: the original forum thread was created back in 2010!

Anyone playing a Brigade can join his dedicated Super Group, "The Multi-Man", and those already in the SG should be able to invite! There are some things you will need to keep in mind, however:
* The character must be named Brigade. No exceptions, no cheating!
* Look the part by using this costume file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1m4qfm7bUI2MRFiarSPiZgvmxmOXtw7cw/view?usp=sharing (Unzip and place the file in your CO's Screenshots folder. The bracers and boots are part of the "Legacy Power Armor" costume set from the Zen store, so it's recommended that you purchase if you don't have it!)
* It's also recommended that when you are teaming with other Brigade characters that you use the official costume.
* Since Brigade generates different (random?) powers for his duplicates, you are welcome to use any archetype or Freeform build you wish.

--

With the basic spiel out of the way, since April 1st is coming up in just over a week from this post I'd like to see if we can get a "Support Brigade Day" set up for the Multi-Man's impending 10th birthday! That'll probably be a separate post elsewhere though, so look out for it!
----
Heroic Roleplayer @epelesker | PRIMUS Database Moderator | Brigade Advocate
Post edited by epelesker on

Comments

• tempestorm76tempestorm76 Posts: 90 Arc User
    This sounds like a lot of fun actually... I may have to add a character slot since I'm full up at the moment.
  • epeleskerepelesker Posts: 307 Arc User
    This sounds like a lot of fun actually... I may have to add a character slot since I'm full up at the moment.

Whenever you're able to, post and I'll try to keep an eye out for it!
    ----
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    Is it fine if I cosplay as Brigade?

EDIT: Oh wait this is the SG post, never mind.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • epeleskerepelesker Posts: 307 Arc User
    We had a successful Support Brigade Day!

If you missed out, but are still interested in generating a Brigade duplicate for yourself, we'd be happy to have you in the Multi-Man collective!
    ----