What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Global Chat Sunset

2»

Comments

• Options
    sapphiechusapphiechu Posts: 259 Arc User
    When I saw items being displayed from other games, I could see that they were items, but they showed a blank description box when I floated my cursor over the highlighted name. If that was the only reason, I don't see it as being a good one.
    3856039c53d222b47efa23bc56b3c976ccefd059.jpg
  • Options
    iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    We've had a number of mini feature sunsets lately.

It would be nice to see a few sunrises.

"See you, Space Cowboy"
  • Options
    frankendreadzfrankendreadz Posts: 75 Arc User
    Greetings Champions,

On Monday, March 9 2020, we will stop supporting Global Chat across Cryptic games. This decision was not made lightly but was necessitated by the resources required to sustain this feature and the standard of quality we strive for across our games.

The following features will no longer be available:

• Cross game chat (including cross-game private message)
    • Cross game private user-owned channels
    • Cross game friend/ignore list
    Cross channels that currently exist will remain within each game, with the messages staying within the shard the message originated from. For example, if you are a member of a channel on both STO and NW, you will still have the channel available in both games but only see messages that originate in the game you are currently on.

more evidence of the poor standards within cryptic and the coders that they now employ
    same thing with foundry.... now this former useful and unique feature id goner too
    this company is just going from bad to worse.....