test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 3/12/2020

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
edited March 2020 in Release Notes
Serene Abyss
Chapter 3 is available! If you have completed the last mission you can pick up the new mission from a radio distress call at the mission hub in the Renaissance Center.

Giant Monster Event
For the next week the Giant Monster event will be running.

ZEN Store
From now until 10am ST Monday, the following key pack will be available:

Phoenix Key Pack
Costs 3000 ZEN. Contains the following:
  • 35x Keys
  • Phoenix Flight Pack

This pack can be used if you have already unlocked the regular Phoenix Flight travel power.
The Phoenix Flight Pack grants the following travel powers when opened:
  • Phoenix Flight
  • Radiant Phoenix Flight
  • Shadow Phoenix Flight

Travel Powers
  • Corrected some coloring issues with Phoenix Flight.
  • Corrected some fx placements on Phoenix flight to better match with wing movements.

New Travel Power: Radiant Phoenix Flight
  • A white variant on Phoenix Flight.

New Travel Power: Shadow Phoenix Flight
  • A black variant on Phoenix Flight.

Alerts
  • Added Armadillo as a possible Grab and Burst Alert boss.
  • Gave the alert version of this boss new attacks. This only affects the Alert version, not the mission version.
  • This boss can drop his costumes that were once in the Drifter store.
  • Added preview images to his costumes.

Battle Station
  • Updated the Millennium City Battle Station to be able to spawn the following Super Villain ranked enemies: Kevin Poe, Black Talon and Mind Slayer.
  • This option will only appear if you are level 20+.
  • Setting the difficulty options will increase or decrease their level, and setting the team option will increase their health and damage.

Costumes
  • Added various materials to Armadillo back and helmet.
  • Added skin options for Monster feet.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    Need Fusion Week more than Giant Monster Week. Last one was almost 4 months ago:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/champions-online/news/detail/11304893-catalyst-sale-and-crafting-week!
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
    We haven't forgotten about it, just have to wait!​​
  • dirtydwarf68dirtydwarf68 Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    *removed*
  • mordray001mordray001 Posts: 218 Arc User
    Does this Giant Monster Week also raise the cap on the number of Cosmics we can fight before we stop getting G/SCR?
    Is the Bleak Ritualist fighting Dr. Ka in the Museum supposed to continuously respawn? He did for me.

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Something broke in Sky Command. Some of the engines were not visible. I could only see 3 on a run I did.
    JwLmWoa.png
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Is the Bleak Ritualist fighting Dr. Ka in the Museum supposed to continuously respawn? He did for me.

Can you elaborate? He cannot respawn once defeated.​​
  • aschershadowaschershadow Posts: 39 Arc User

He can cast Circle of Radiant Glory, and it doesn't go away once he uses it to self resurrect, so he can constantly self res. I just had this happen. The mission still technically finishes, as Dr. Ka starts speaking, but he's constantly self rezzing.

Thanks for clarifying!​​
  • criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    I found another bug, when you are killed the entire room resets. This happened to me while playing solo.
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    I like the things these NPCs in this new mission are doing, good stuff.

He can cast Circle of Radiant Glory, and it doesn't go away once he uses it to self resurrect, so he can constantly self res. I just had this happen. The mission still technically finishes, as Dr. Ka starts speaking, but he's constantly self rezzing.

All you gotta do is knock him out of the circle first, then defeat him. He won't self-rez if he's not in the circle.
  • heroshima1heroshima1 Posts: 107 Arc User
    Serene Abyss
    Chapter 3 is available! If you have completed the last mission you can pick up the new mission from a radio distress call at the mission hub in the Renaissance Center.​​

I'm not understanding where this is specifically?
    edited March 2020
    heroshima1 wrote: »
    Serene Abyss
    Chapter 3 is available! If you have completed the last mission you can pick up the new mission from a radio distress call at the mission hub in the Renaissance Center.​​

I'm not understanding where this is specifically?

There's a box to Defender's left, on top of some computer equipment in that kiosk there. Look for shiny box, about the size of a game console.
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    > @s3bas2191 said:
    > The news section lists the Phoenix Key Pack as containing 3 new Travel Powers when only 2 of them can be considered "new". This falls under false advertisement and is punishable by California state law​​
    —————————————-

Lol

Actually they edited the old flight. So it is new.
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 737 Arc User
    I can confirm that the Bleak Ritualist kept reviving him self if he is on the Circle of Radiant Glory, and the Circle of Radiant Glory doesn't despawn after he get rez.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    Serene Abyss
    Chapter 3 is available! If you have completed the last mission you can pick up the new mission from a radio distress call at the mission hub in the Renaissance Center.
    It takes longer to Navigate and find your way in the museum than fighting the actual Boss, even with the constant Ressurection bug

and I see him stacking Dots and Debuffs with 8 stacks of Hex of Suffering like Talisman does with Dimensional Collapse... amazing cheap​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • championsrperchampionsrper Posts: 66 Arc User
    Yup, definitely self resurrecting with Circle of Radiant Glory. This is hilariously dumb. Do you guy test this stuff at all before it goes live? I even tried knocking him out, he just recast it on himself because the old circle doesn't go away.
  • captainhunter1captainhunter1 Posts: 409 Arc User
    Serene Abyss

Seems to be a disconnect here on progressing from part 2 to part 3.

There is no guidance what-so-ever in game to go the small radio box on top of the UNTIL computer next to Irwin at the hub in RenCen. (I only found it by asking in chat).

It would probably be best if, when the player asked Dr. Ka how his research was going (one of his dialog options), after he stated, "With these distractions gone..." that hitting the 'Continue' button at the bottom of the dialog box would bring up another dialog if you have completed part 2 stating, "I am just about to leave to follow up on a promising lead. Please standby the MCPD radio in RenCen. I will contact you there if this proves fruitful." (this additional dialog DOESN'T need a voice over).

In addition, the MCPD radio box should be placed on top of the computer on the MCPD side of the mission center (it's on the UNTIL side right now).

• pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Yup, definitely self resurrecting with Circle of Radiant Glory. This is hilariously dumb. Do you guy test this stuff at all before it goes live? I even tried knocking him out, he just recast it on himself because the old circle doesn't go away.
    Nothing weird happened for me but that might have been concussor beam at work.
    edited March 2020
    Personally I'd think a pointer mission that pops up like those used to direct new toons to the new location of LadyHawke and for the onslaught vender would work well.
    edited March 2020
    delete me...
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    Something broke in Sky Command. Some of the engines were not visible. I could only see 3 on a run I did.

This is still bugged. The cooling scoop is now invisible as well. Also, some random NPCs stand/float in the air beneath the ship.
    What was really strange was that an Until NPC was the Vent Scoop , but the mass of the Vent Scoop was still there. I.e. if you tried to move to the Until NPC the mass of the Scoop prevented you from actually reaching him.

This is still bugged. The cooling scoop is now invisible as well. Also, some random NPCs stand/float in the air beneath the ship.

JwLmWoa.png
    What was really strange was that an Until NPC was the Vent Scoop , but the mass of the Vent Scoop was still there. I.e. if you tried to move to the Until NPC the mass of the Scoop prevented you from actually reaching him.

That's really weird. I wonder if the Until NPCs standing/floating under the ship are the missing engines?
    avianos wrote: »

Okay calm down o3o Knocking him out of it worked for me. Then again I also used a stun, so hooray crowd control! \o/
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    avianos wrote: »

Okay calm down o3o Knocking him out of it worked for me. Then again I also used a stun, so hooray crowd control! \o/

You are MisQuoting >:V​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • morigosamorigosa Posts: 709 Arc User

• Added skin options for Monster feet.
    ​​
    Bug: the "Skin Cloth" option for monster feet uses color four for the foot instead the skin color on female characters.
    (The skin leather/metal options work as intended, as do all three options on male characters.)
    Heyas, the issue with the scoops is they are occasionally displaying the wrong visual (in this case sometimes appearing as a generic costume). It's just a visual bug, we'll have it fixed next week.​​
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    When the scoops are invisible they are also not targetable (by either heroes or villains), so if at least three are invisible you can't lose by engines being destroyed.
    Please don't fix then. Maybe this will encourage more people to run SC! ;)
    When the scoops are invisible they are also not targetable (by either heroes or villains), so if at least three are invisible you can't lose by engines being destroyed.

JwLmWoa.png

It's UNTIL's new cloaking system! :)

• Is the new Vampire Bat Monster head able to be dropped by any New Shadows or just the ones in the 2nd Serene Abyss mission?
  • phasestarphasestar Posts: 116 Arc User
    Serene Abyss

<snipped a bunch of cool stuff>

Battle Station
    • Updated the Millennium City Battle Station to be able to spawn the following Super Villain ranked enemies: Kevin Poe, Black Talon and Mind Slayer.
    • This option will only appear if you are level 20+.
    • Setting the difficulty options will increase or decrease their level, and setting the team option will increase their health and damage.
    ​​

Very interesting, thanks for all the good stuff this week!