test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20200223.13 - Armadillo Alerts

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
edited March 2020 in PTS - The Archive
Alerts
  • Added Armadillo as a possible Grab and Burst Alert boss.
  • Gave the alert version of this boss new attacks. This only affects the Alert version, not the mission version.
  • This boss can drop his costumes that were once in the Drifter store.

Battle Station
  • Updated the Millennium City battle station to be able to spawn the following villains: Armadillo, Black Talon and Mind Slayer.
  • This option will only appear if you are level 20+.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    Would love to see Armadillo's signature rolling power (as an attack) become unlockable someday if it's possible. Happy to see more alert bosses being added! Keep it up!
  • lunnylunnylunnylunny Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    Ooh I really like the addition of bosses to Battle Arena!

Any chance we get an area alike the battle arena to spawn in the cosmics? If so it would be great to also have a "1 damage" variant of them if you're just trying to learn the timing of stuff. (I understand that the battle arena itself is too small for them, probably)

Noteworthy: Armadillo's one handed blast ignores block-Knock-resistance.
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    If only there was a new reward
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 736 Arc User
    https://i.imgur.com/SwobKIA.mp4
    Its an interesting gimmick. Roll attacks, PA powers, a handful of knocks, an MA claw ult, and giving Armadillo the ability to use a Tomb attack (appears after the HP goes 2/3) in a hope that your team mate can destroy it.
  • psychicslugpsychicslug Posts: 721 Arc User
    I have a feeling we will see the Celestial revamp around the time of the marvel movie the Eternals
  • Ooooo, I like this one!
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User

Battle Station
    • Updated the Millennium City battle station to be able to spawn the following villains: Armadillo, Black Talon and Mind Slayer.
    • This option will only appear if you are level 20+.
    ​​

Ooh! How about we add Cosmics for this so Tanks can practice their build and save some Gs from Retconning?
    Battle Station is basically a team instance so Tanks can ask a healer to accompany them.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • speanozspeanoz Posts: 238 Arc User
    I am really liking these "new" bosses being added into alerts! It's a huge breath of fresh air. I hope that some desert and Canada instances are eventually made for alerts as well. :)
  • magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    A returning player asks: What is "Millennium City Battle Station"?
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    So the current focus this year is adding as many bosses as possible in alerts while revamping their own powers!

Battle Station
    Updated the Millennium City battle station to be able to spawn the following villains: Armadillo, Black Talon and Mind Slayer.
    This option will only appear if you are level 20+.
    Suggestion: In the future please allow all bosses to be accessible from ALL Powerhouses locations and not just MC!
    MC is already overcrowed and a lot of us prefer to use PWs with less to no traffic (like Vibora bay and Lemuria)

Overall this is a great addition and something long time requested! It's good for the Power House to get actual useful updates

Their HP can be scaled with Difficulty and Group size as well
    Just be awared that when you select agains team of 5 difficulty, the bosses get 1.354.995 HP

Here hoping for Cosmic Holograms too :grimace:​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    edited March 2020
    A returning player asks: What is "Millennium City Battle Station"?
    The Powerhouse option that teleports you to a special instance where you can set and fight Holograms of enemies (enemies types depending on the PW Location) Their difficulty can be scaled with your choices
    It's more efficient to test certain powers again enemies who can fight back

Accesible only via Train Rooms teleporter (the room with Test Dummies)​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    edited March 2020
    Unrelated to this patch
    FC.31.20200223.11Patch
    Added a perk for unlocking the transformation on 10 characters to unlock it on your account.
    BUG: The 10/10 account wide unlock tracker perk for Mystical Smoke (Hocus Pocus) doesn't appear on its respective category!
    The Comic Series perk tab is not available by default on new characters and only appears after the perk is completed
    ​​
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
    Add them to something useful. Alerts are a waste of time, there's been no reason to touch them for many years.
    [NbK]XStorm
  • panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    Alerts are one of the most effective ways to level, especially if you want to pair with a buddy who is a different level from you.

Arguably, alerts themselves should be looked at and improved in time, but I'll take what blessings I can get.
  • nbkxs wrote: »
    Add them to something useful. Alerts are a waste of time, there's been no reason to touch them for many years.

Eh, false. Smash alerts are really great for G farming, though can get boring fairly quickly. Grab alerts are good for XP farming.

The only most useless alert I would say, is the Burst alert.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    nbkxs wrote: »

And yet alerts pop around the clock. I think you're out of touch.
  • mordray001mordray001 Posts: 218 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »

Unless they are pyramid alerts... then they rarely pop.
  • ericrightshow82ericrightshow82 Posts: 582 Arc User
    mordray001 wrote: »
    spinnytop wrote: »

Unless they are pyramid alerts... then they rarely pop.

Pyramids can go away
  • wrathsoul1wrathsoul1 Posts: 679 Arc User
    Alerts
    • Added Armadillo as a possible Grab and Burst Alert boss.
    • Gave the alert version of this boss new attacks. This only affects the Alert version, not the mission version.
    • This boss can drop his costumes that were once in the Drifter store.
    ​​

Knowing the already low chances of even getting alert costume parts, may as well say they're vaulted. On the other hand, more alert bosses is always good, though.
This discussion has been closed.