test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DOGz and Horrors/Trey King unsynchronized pre-emptive lunge knock

avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
Long running issue, incredible noticeable in Vibora Bay and Qliphothic Warzone and during Forum Malvanum when you fight DOGz (Perhaps some Manimals too)

Any NPC who is using the NPC version of Bestial Lunge, Pounce, and has Innate Knock with this ability gets this issue

However The KNOCK effect from the NPC applies BEFORE the Lunge Animation finish and enemy come in melee contant with the player

This happens with 1 HP BAR NPC mobs (Hechman Tier) who don't have charging animation like 2 and 3 bars enemies do, which dont even have KNOCK on their lunge's effect

CHAOS IMPS have proper Activation and Effect timing, but they available to bypass your full block somehow, propably because they attack you in numbers and the CODE has such short time to register all the knocks

Here is a Noticeable List of NPCs
  • Lycan (DOGZ)
  • Cur (DOGZ)
  • Possessed (Trey Kings)
  • Scythehand (Horrors)
(some ALERT bosses who got updated with a Knock Lunge Pounce may also have this issue)

Here I have captured them in GIFs, notice the Enemy's lunge animation and timeframe my character gets knocked down and recieves a Knock Resistance stack
TFM4DvE.gif
XsuBiQa.gif
sNYnRGS.gif
Local Cyberdemon Brute gets Bullied​​
POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!

Comments

• avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    YES HELLO, CAN YOU PLEASE FIX THIS ALREADY?

Their knock is still instant and doesn't care for the distance between the target​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Enemy lunges have knocks? o3o color me surprised.

Read the purpose of this bug report thread again or I swear to GOD.

It's not the knock the problem but the unsynchronized animation! It would be like if a Bullet hit you before even pulling the gun trigger to shoot

Here is a funny experience with this LANCE RAIN, Scythehand will activate their Lunge somehow as soon as you use Lance Rain before even registering damage to agro the group, interrupting Lance Rain!

Small BS like this​​
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    avianos wrote: »
    However The KNOCK effect from the NPC applies BEFORE the Lunge Animation finish and enemy come in melee contant with the player
    ​​

You typed knock in bright red colors capitalized, and then you get mad when I talk about knocks o3o