test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 2/27/2020

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,077 Cryptic Developer
edited February 2020 in Release Notes
Serene Abyss
  • The next Chapter is available! If you have completed the previous mission, speak with Dr. Ka to get the next mission.
  • Added Mystical Smoke costume transformation as the mission reward.
  • New Perk: Unlocking the Mystical Smoke transformation on 10 characters unlocks the transform on your account.
  • Fixed a display error with Ladyhawke's pointer mission.

High Noon at Snake Gulch
For the next week this event will be running.
  • Added journal category for this event.
  • Event enemies no longer drop currency, costumes or action figures. All costumes removed will appear in the Trade Paperback store at a later date.

High Noon: Event Store
Removed many items from the event store:
  • Flintlock Pistol and Card Sleeve costume can now drop from Cowboy Robots.
  • Knife Strap costume can now drop from Red Banner.
  • Metal Auras have been moved to the Champion Recognition store.
  • Branding Iron and Yodel devices have been moved to the Champion Recognition store.
  • Pickaxe and Sickle costumes have been moved to the Nemesis store.
  • Steampunk Goggles, Mouth Cover, Mask, Dino Maw Helmet and Eye Blade will appear in the Trade Paperback store at a later date.
  • Added a variety of consumable items to the Misc store.
  • Emotes and Costume transformations have been removed from the store but can drop from the High Noon open mission and Asciing for Trouble alert.

High Noon: Open Mission
The following items can drop from the open mission:
  • Cannon, Rustbucket, Steampunk Swords, Cowboy Boots and Steampunk Pistol costumes.
  • Military Emote and Countdown Costume Transformation.
  • Piercing damage threat booster and threat reduction mods.
  • Various action figures.

High Noon: Alert
Added an alert version of Asciing for Trouble. This alert will be active while High Noon is running. Must be at least level 20 to queue.
Notable changes from the open mission version:
  • Increased number of Cowboy Robots to defeat.
  • Gunslingers attack in waves and no longer have a timer.
  • Increased Ascii Oakley's durability and increased the time limit to defeat her to 10 minutes.

The following items can drop from the alert:
  • Steampunk Hat, Belt, Holsters, Western Rifle, Spurs and Revolver costumes.
  • Whistle Aura and Whistle Emote.
  • Ascii Munition mods.

High Noon: Missions
  • Increased the amount of currency gained from daily missions.
  • Removed defeat Cowboyrobots mission.
  • New Mission: Complete High Noon at Snake Gulch mission 5 times. Awards the Poncho costume.
  • New Mission: Complete Asciing for Trouble mission 5 times. Awards the OVERRIDE loyal sidekick.
  • New Mission: Queue and complete the Asciing for Trouble alert.
  • New Perk: Unlocking the Military emote on 10 characters grants you the Militia title and unlocks the emote on your account.
  • New Perk: Unlocking the Whistle emote on 10 characters grants you the Whistler title and unlocks the emote on your account.
  • New Perk: Unlocking the Countdown Costume Transformation on 10 characters grants you the Final Countdown title and unlocks the costume transform on your account.
  • These new perks are retroactive. You will have to log into the character with the unlocked item for credit. It may take a few moments to give credit. If you unlock an item on a character, you may need to relog for it to properly credit.

Lockbox
  • New Perk: Unlocking the Heart emote on 5 characters grants you the Big Heart title and unlocks the emote on your account.
  • New Perk: Unlocking the Overwhelming Power Costume Transformation on 5 characters grants you the Overwhelming Power title and unlocks the costume transform on your account
  • New Perk: Unlocking the Beam of Light Costume Transformation on 5 characters grants you the Spotlight title and unlocks the costume transform on your account.
  • These new perks are retroactive. You will have to log into the character with the unlocked item for credit. It may take a few moments to give credit. If you unlock an item on a character, you may need to relog for it to properly credit.

Toy Master
  • Removed Toy Master exchange store for High Noon.
  • Perks removed from the store have been changed to grant when you unlock or use their respective items. Example: Unlocking the Black Hat action figure will grant you the Black Hat perk.

Alerts
  • Added Ascii Oakley as a new Grab alert boss.
  • Ascii can drop the Robo Curls hair costume.

Costumes
  • Some Cowboy vest textures have been improved.
  • Updated Ascii Oakley's look.
  • Cowboy Robots now use different weapons.
​​

Comments

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Was really hoping for a Fusion week.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    It's hiiiiiiiigh noooon

I'm liking the whole new alert bosses thing. Hoping at some point we maybe see some new alert maps/types in the regular queues as well.
    Post edited by spinnytop on
  • behemothking#9246 behemothking Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Players sometimes fall through Earth on Alert start cutscene.

ASCII boss no longer has its giant yellow wireframe tell for her Boom! attack, Lead Tempest.

[NPC] ASCII Oakley: Snake Gulch Ain’t big enough for the two of us, varmint!
    "Ain't" shouldn't be capitalized.

[NPC] ASCII Oakley: You done gone and riled the wrong robot, gunslinger!
    There should be no comma there after the word "robot." The sentence is saying that you, the player, messed with the wrong robot gunslinger, ASCII herself. Wrong and robot being the adjectives, gunslinger as the noun. You could also interpret it as wrong being adjective and robot gunslinger being the compound noun. Either way, there would be no comma there. As it currently is with the comma, its referring to the player as a gunslinger, which wouldn't make too much sense. The voice acting pacing confirms this.

[NPC] ASCII Oakley: Dance Fool, Dance!
    If I'm being really nitpicky, this should be "Dance, fool! Dance!"

• guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,386 Arc User
    So what's the incentive to fight Mechanon if all the goodies drop from the robot cowboys?
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,077 Cryptic Developer
    Heyas, there was a mishap with the open mission/alert rewards not granting the event currency. We will be fixing it very soon and will look into extending the event a day to make up for the error.​​
  • We've been receiving fewer rewards for High Noon since it began. For February 2017, the event store featured: Gunslinger Archetype, ASCII's Precision Mod, Iron Horse Grav Bike, Military Pose Emote, Revolver Weapon Skin Unlock, Branding Iron Device, Yodel Device, Whistling Aura, Quicksilver Aura.

Then in August 2017 the event store featured: Mecha Horse Head, Steampunk Hat, Steampunk Pistol, Steampunk Belt, Steampunk Holsters, Titanium Horse.

February 2018 the event store featured: Fingerless Gloves, Card Sleeve, Tech Eye, Eye Patch, Neckerchief, and the ankle knife accessory.

November 2018 the event store featured: Steampunk Mask, Gear Sword.

In 2019, the event store featured: Rustbucket Helmet, Undercut Hair, Dino Maw Helmet. Then later in the year we got Heavy Cannons and Cowboy Boots.

This year, we have a Poncho we can unlock. Since many of these costume pieces are no longer available to purchase for Snakebucks, this event store feels rather empty as there are currently only five options to choose from and three of them are tech pieces while only two are Western themed; Heavy Cannons, Rustbucket, Gear Sword, Cowboy Boots, Steampunk Pistol 2. And if you happen to already have all of these unlocked from previous years, there's nothing to buy from the event store..

As always, here is my obligatory yearly request for Ascii Oakley's ranged root Dance Fool Dance to be made into a Munitions power, and a link to ideas for future High Noon content: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline/#/discussion/1213336/high-noon-2019-part-2
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    The vendor is empty, Tokens are useless \o/ Poncho is not even a Poncho is just a cape
    Y A Y
    Bloody Hell everything feels rushed
    Added a variety of consumable items to the Misc store.
    "VARIETY"
    Serene Abyss
    The next Chapter is available! If you have completed the previous mission, speak with Dr. Ka to get the next mission.
    Added Mystical Smoke costume transformation as the mission reward.
    New Perk: Unlocking the Mystical Smoke transformation on 10 characters unlocks the transform on your account.
    Fixed a display error with Ladyhawke's pointer mission.
    W...why did you release the next part of the Serene Abyss THE SAME TIME with High Noon event?
    with it being 1 day on PTS? Nice
    Of course the majority of people are gonna ignore Serene Abyss for a Limited Time Event!
    Kills every hype

Players sometimes fall through Earth on Alert start cutscene.

ASCII boss no longer has its giant yellow wireframe tell for her Boom! attack, Lead Tempest.
    The Cutscene kept glitching and it always make the players face on the right instead of the center ranch
    The no warning attacks is deadly, Instant attack no warning

Ascii's AI against tanks is abnoxious!
    Against Melee tanks she will keep moving away [/FOLLOW INTENSIFIES] Good luck if you are Heavy Weapons, everything roots you
    Against Range tanks she will keep moving close to 20-30 feet range
    ​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • heartstringsk3heartstringsk3 Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Serene Abyss

[*] Emotes and Costume transformations have been removed from the store but can drop from the High Noon open mission and Asciing for Trouble alert.

[*] New Perk: Unlocking the Military emote on 10 characters grants you the Militia title and unlocks the emote on your account.
    [*] New Perk: Unlocking the Whistle emote on 10 characters grants you the Whistler title and unlocks the emote on your account.
    [*] New Perk: Unlocking the Countdown Costume Transformation on 10 characters grants you the Final Countdown title and unlocks the costume transform on your account.
    [*] These new perks are retroactive. You will have to log into the character with the unlocked item for credit. It may take a few moments to give credit. If you unlock an item on a character, you may need to relog for it to properly credit.
    ​​

Okay, who keeps wishing on a friggin' monkey's paw? I was actually totally up for grinding the event to get the emotes on 10 characters, but now the only way I'll get them is to buy them on the Auction House. Fun.
    avianos wrote: »
    W...why did you release the next part of the Serene Abyss THE SAME TIME with High Noon event?
    Of course the majority of people are gonna ignore Serene Abyss for a Limited Time Event!
    Kills every hype​​

To be fair, these little story missions they've been adding take like fifteen minutes, maybe a half hour at most to beat. Not like it's a big time investment, heh.

Kills every hype

I have good news for you Avi, Serene Abyss is permanent content so it doesn't matter. It isn't competing with High Noon for attention.

What I wanna know is why they stuffed ladyhawke in that back end of the ravenswood campus like some secret goblin. I had to wander around a bit before I could find her. Do they not want people knowing about this content just like they don't know about QWZ or TA?
  • bringmeaslabbringmeaslab Posts: 187 Arc User
    Militia perk doesn't appear to be granting an account unlock of the military pose emote.
    edited February 2020
    spinnytop wrote: »
    What I wanna know is why they stuffed ladyhawke in that back end of the ravenswood campus like some secret goblin. I had to wander around a bit before I could find her. Do they not want people knowing about this content just like they don't know about QWZ or TA?

Ladyhawke needs to stop assaulting my characters every time I log in with them and every time DEVs update the pointer mission

I have good news for you Avi, Serene Abyss is permanent content so it doesn't matter. It isn't competing with High Noon for attention.
    ?
    Still feels lukewarm to release it on the same time, those permanent content additions are supposed to be celebrated! Hell the first part was released along with the Lockbox

Now imagine if they brought back Eidolon THE SAME PERIOD with a next big event​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    Is there any point to the Toy Master now? Does he do anything anymore?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Now imagine if they brought back Eidolon THE SAME PERIOD with a next big event​​

I have a sneaky feeling Eidolon coming back might actually be an event itself.
  • speanozspeanoz Posts: 238 Arc User
    Secret goblin? I love this descriptor for her! :p
  • rb74#3001 rb74 Posts: 51 Arc User
    Militia perk doesn't appear to be granting an account unlock of the military pose emote.

I'm having the same problem and I know for sure I have that perk and more than 10 characters who had the military emote prior till today. I waited on each character till they got perks and title unlocks, and even relogged after the 10 mark, but still, no account wide unlock. Curious, does anyone have account wide military emote yet? Maybe I'm just doing it wrong or it's bugged?
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,069 Arc User
    The first rule of QWZ is there is no QWZ.

About say the same for Lemuria.

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
    warcanch wrote: »
    The first rule of QWZ is there is no QWZ.

The second rule is: always bring sunscreen.
  • redcastle56redcastle56 Posts: 133 Arc User
    Is Override basically the same as Lil Dogg13? Just renamed?
    edited February 2020
    Is Override basically the same as Lil Dogg13? Just renamed?
    Yes, just different name and reversed colours
    Which i don't understand why they did that and not just using L1L-D0GG13 again​​
    What are we supposed to do with action figures now? I got them all unlocked you can't sell them to vendors do they have any value in the AH anymore? We can't just junk them out of the pick up screen. Could we just get rid of them altogether and just link them to account wide perks or something?
  • mordray001mordray001 Posts: 218 Arc User
    There will always be those who don't have a full set... Though if you're looking for some huge payday you'll be disappointed.
  • championsrperchampionsrper Posts: 66 Arc User
    So who's stupid idea is it to make stuff rare drops only? Been trying for hours to get the dumb whistle emote and still nothing. Emotes only used to be 100 currency. If you want it to drop too, fine. If you wanna up the price FINE. But stop making me waste my time praying to the RNG gods. Let me EARN it. If I'm going to grind my butt off I want some semblance of inevitability, I want a clear indication that I'm making progress towards getting what I want. Its the same problem with the stupid Save the Earth Alert. You make a bunch of cool stuff that's super rare and impossible to get for a SUPER limited time. Are you guys TRYING to kill your own game?
    This is why I am wondering why we have the Toy Master anymore?

What adds insult to the injury is that in NI the AFs have glowies on them to suggest they are something special, which they clearly aren't anymore.
    guyhumual wrote: »
    What are we supposed to do with action figures now? I got them all unlocked you can't sell them to vendors do they have any value in the AH anymore? We can't just junk them out of the pick up screen. Could we just get rid of them altogether and just link them to account wide perks or something?

JwLmWoa.png

We need an AF bag now I guess.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    RectangularDenseBobolink-size_restricted.gif
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    Finn thinks Human Torch is better than Invisible Woman confirmed.
  • finally steampunk doggo pet, i'm happy ^_^
    edited February 2020

We need an AF bag now I guess.
    I'd be happy if you could just sell them to a vendor

• speanozspeanoz Posts: 238 Arc User
    So who's stupid idea is it to make stuff rare drops only? Been trying for hours to get the dumb whistle emote and still nothing. Emotes only used to be 100 currency. If you want it to drop too, fine. If you wanna up the price FINE. But stop making me waste my time praying to the RNG gods. Let me EARN it. If I'm going to grind my butt off I want some semblance of inevitability, I want a clear indication that I'm making progress towards getting what I want. Its the same problem with the stupid Save the Earth Alert. You make a bunch of cool stuff that's super rare and impossible to get for a SUPER limited time. Are you guys TRYING to kill your own game?
    While I'm not quite as passionate or vocal about this, I do mostly agree. Really, what possible significant damage could even come out of making things much more common? Progression and excitement incentivize further playing more than grinding ever could.
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    This is why I am wondering why we have the Toy Master anymore?

What adds insult to the injury is that in NI the AFs have glowies on them to suggest they are something special, which they clearly aren't anymore.

It's literally worse than getting nothing. If you got nothing you wouldn't have to scroll though your inventory to find it to toss it in the garbage.
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,069 Arc User
    How do you open the Robot Cowboy Toy boxes? I've tried right click, left click, dragging to device bar, dragging to mission item tab. So far, it remains a closed container.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    warcanch wrote: »
    How do you open the Robot Cowboy Toy boxes? I've tried right click, left click, dragging to device bar, dragging to mission item tab. So far, it remains a closed container.​​
    The same thing happened with the trinkets from Nightmare invasion a while back...
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • heartstringsk3heartstringsk3 Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    So I do want to say something positive since my earlier post was mostly my complaint about removing the emotes from the store. Other than that which I still 100% believe needs to be reverted... the High Noon redesign is actually really nice. Removing the "Defeat 50 robots" mission removes a big part of the tedium, especially if you play a support character, and now you don't have everyone mostly doing towers until they get their 50 before going to help with the Liberator, or worse, trying to get the 50 robots during the "Deactivate Transmitters" part and starting the open mission early. Everyone can just do what they need to now, and it seems to go a bit smoother the few times I've participated so far. The new alert is pretty decent, also! Just a nice, straight-up showdown, and it should help a lot with earning Snake Bucks considering how the open mission tends to die off by the end of the event (especially when this runs for two weeks instead of one).

Overall, this used to be my least favorite event, but now it's so much better! Although part of that might be that there's nothing in the store that I want so I'm only doing it for the "do 5 times" rewards and not trying to get anything. But like I said earlier, I would have been perfectly okay with getting the emotes for 10 separate characters during this event, especially the way it is now; as it is, I'm doing the open mission once a day on one character and getting the sidekick on a couple others, and that's it.
    Serene Abyss
    The next Chapter is available! If you have completed the previous mission, speak with Dr. Ka to get the next mission.
    Hmm, No daily repeat mission for this part?​​
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 736 Arc User
    Serene Abyss
    Hmm, No daily repeat mission for this part?​​
    Can confirm. Even finishing the first Serene Abyss quest doesn't unlock it.
  • heroshima1heroshima1 Posts: 107 Arc User
    Will the event currency (Snake bucks) be removed from our characters after the event, or are there future High Noon event(s) later in the year? I don't want to try and save some if they are going to be removed.
    heroshima1 wrote: »
    Will the event currency (Snake bucks) be removed from our characters after the event, or are there future High Noon event(s) later in the year? I don't want to try and save some if they are going to be removed.

Also what are we supposed to burn this currency on exactly? I got enough currency for a vehicle on 7 characters ATM but a vehicle that binds to character on pick up has zero value as any characters powerful enough to do this mission already have vehicles. Back when the vehicle bound to account you could add a vehicle to a new character. Might as well be paying 750 to remove an inventory slot. It's nice that items are being added as drops but you need to give us something to spend currency on. Otherwise there's not much point to it.
  • Yeah, i've had that problem last 3 High Noon events in a row. Was maxed out on currency and had nothing to buy since I already owned everything. Guess we just have to spend it on mods before it expires at the end of the year.
  • heroshima1heroshima1 Posts: 107 Arc User
    Yeah, i've had that problem last 3 High Noon events in a row. Was maxed out on currency and had nothing to buy since I already owned everything. Guess we just have to spend it on mods before it expires at the end of the year.

I guess that's my question. Will the currency expire/be removed at the end of the year or after the event?
    heroshima1 wrote: »
    Yeah, i've had that problem last 3 High Noon events in a row. Was maxed out on currency and had nothing to buy since I already owned everything. Guess we just have to spend it on mods before it expires at the end of the year.

I guess that's my question. Will the currency expire/be removed at the end of the year or after the event?

All currencies expire at the end of the year.
    We usually have 3 High Noons a year, right? But the question is still what to spend all the currency on. I guess I can see if they add anything to the store later in the year. Other than that, it's just mods in case I ever want to make a 2GM tank.

Sure wish I could sell unwanted AFs to Toy Master still. He looks so lonely and forlorn now that everyone ignores him.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    We usually have 3 High Noons a year, right? But the question is still what to spend all the currency on. I guess I can see if they add anything to the store later in the year. Other than that, it's just mods in case I ever want to make a 2GM tank.

Sure wish I could sell unwanted AFs to Toy Master still. He looks so lonely and forlorn now that everyone ignores him.

No, it's been two per year.
    For future Snake Gulch events could we disable the glowing aura for picking up Action Figures? They're not special, have no value, and are literally worse than getting nothing as I've pointed out earlier.
  • shortbus#4297 shortbus Posts: 100 Arc User
    BUG: A couple times I have participated in high noon, got high enough on the scoreboard to get the good loot, but the quest did not complete for me meaning that if I want to complete the quest (as well as the poncho quest) I have to do it again.
    edited March 2020
    Heard some talk once about extending High Noon a day because of early snafu. Was that ever made official? People are asking.
    Post edited by jaazaniah1 on
    JwLmWoa.png
    Heyas, there was a mishap with the open mission/alert rewards not granting the event currency. We will be fixing it very soon and will look into extending the event a day to make up for the error.​​

This is all we have Jaazaniah1, it's from earlier in this thread
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User

This is all we have Jaazaniah1, it's from earlier in this thread

If you join the unofficial Discord you will get more. It's where our main dev mainly communicates and chats with the community.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    I looked at Discord once. Too much annoying chatter to useful information. Real official game-related communications from devs should ALWAYS be posted to the official forum.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    I only wish the 10 gunslinger part of the new alert was more enduring. Release them all at once or add a timer to that section.
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • katiebonnellkatiebonnell Posts: 20 Arc User
    Idea for AF's: If you throw away an unused AF unlock, it might come back in the Winter event as a misfit toy or something. I don't know, might be fun.