test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The "I am not happy" thread

2»

Comments

• You people know we used to have a dev team of like 20+ people and now..well, we have a more reduced one.
    Also Cryptic owns the Champions IP, so they dont have a risk to lose it unlike with other of their games.

Now,

- I am not happy that ALL and EVERY single one of my costume suggestions, Travel power suggestions and sidekick suggestions have not been prioritised and introduced into the game so far
    - I am not happy that we dont have a dedicated team of atleast 3 people enslaved forced tasked to make 4 new hideouts ( 1 new concept/layout with 4 skins) every 60 days aswell as thinking of new functionalities and gimmicks for those.
    - I am not happy we dont re-use many of the other maps as Altered/parallel universe locations (like the Resistance MC redesigned map)
    Now picture locations like:
    * Dry Lemuria
    * Flooded Southeast Desert
    * Greek Monster island
    * Evergreen Hell/Spring Horror Canada
    - I am not happy that both Heroes and Villians that appear around the Nemesis missions are not used on other missions/alerts/content
    - I am not happy that the Bunker Buster Robots dont get to star on their own Open Mission, fighting a Giant Squid/Crab /Not-Godzilla/ some generic huge monsters.
    - I a not happy that theres no chance of GROND VS Mecha GROND ever happening in any form.

mine are maybe not as solid or in need of attention as others posted above , but still wanted to mention that.

I would love to go to alternate versions of different maps. Imagine taking a trip back in time and visiting ancient Greek version of Monster Island or similar. It'd be like the Amazons from Wonder Woman but could be a cool homage. Face new enemies like Minotaurs, a Chimera world boss, and with Greek mythology you can add many other world bosses.

I always thought we should have a new mission that sends us back in time to the middle ages or like I said the ancient world.

Another thing - Tokyo could be cool. High end enemies that put a new twist on the first enemies you fight in West Side. Yakuza would use a mix of guns and martial arts
  • spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    I'm not sure what I'm looking for anymore. I just know that I'm harder to console.
  • wickedwillowwickedwillow Posts: 22 Arc User
    lezard21 wrote: »
    I am not happy that they finally gave us something besides the aforementioned rotating events in the form of Death Rattle "the first 4 chapter story arc" back in June 2019 with the promise that "Death Rattle is just the beginning. After these four episodes release, we’ll move to the next four episode Arc, and the next, until the mystery is laid bare and all is revealed." .....and we are still waiting for that next four episode arc......(which will likely never come because they have a habit of making plans that they never follow through on)

regarding this, last I heard they are currently working on Death Rattle part 2 and making good progress.

If you were expecting these to be released every 3 or 6 months then...yeah...no. At best we will be getting a new set of four 5 min speedrun chapters per year.​​

Yeah that is what I am afraid of....4 new missions a year if even that frequently sandwiched in between the never-ending rotating events to grind (insert name of currency here) to get (insert name of costume piece here.)

I said it in-game and I'll say it here. This game has become barely more than a glorified costume creator. or as someone else put it a chat room with avatars. Playing (at least for me) has not been fun in several years. I used to be in a supergroup and we would play together but everyone grew tired of the lack of content years ago and moved on to other games. I only log in every 100 days or so to spend my tokens that accumulate unlocking more costume pieces for characters I really have no interest in playing. I only complain because I wish this was a better game. If this game had the longevity and development of games like WoW I would be totally addicted, but unfortunately this is the way it is and until a better game comes along this is what we have in the super hero genre.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    I said it in-game and I'll say it here. This game has become barely more than a glorified costume creator.

When was it ever not that? I've been here for years and all CO has ever been is a really good costume creator with an aoe mini-game attached.
  • jenniferloganjenniferlogan Posts: 44 Arc User
    The only two things I am unhappy about are:

1) No new content that is challenging OR tells a good story (examples in my mind are Aftershock, Resistance, Demonflame or Whiteout). I'd advise getting Eidolon back up first though.

2) No way to, however slowly, increase character power, capabilities or experience once lvl 40 and fully geared.
  • soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    - I am not happy that lockboxes now drop costume pieces instead of costume sets.

I remember back in the day when they introduced the original Grab Bags with random single pieces and people did not like that. So, they ended up just making it a single costume drop. My guess was because of the prices the complete sets typically were in the exchange, they did what they did because they could up the drop rate and thus lower the exchange rates. It was successful to some degree, but, it pissed people off, including me.

One thing I do not like is how they are making it harder and harder to use multiple power sets by making power sets work better in themselves. This makes it harder to be the hero you want to be.
  • soulforger wrote: »
    - I am not happy that lockboxes now drop costume pieces instead of costume sets.

I remember back in the day when they introduced the original Grab Bags with random single pieces and people did not like that. So, they ended up just making it a single costume drop. My guess was because of the prices the complete sets typically were in the exchange, they did what they did because they could up the drop rate and thus lower the exchange rates. It was successful to some degree, but, it pissed people off, including me.

One thing I do not like is how they are making it harder and harder to use multiple power sets by making power sets work better in themselves. This makes it harder to be the hero you want to be.

Sometimes for pure theme I want to add a random attack from another power set that doesn't work with my energy unlock, passive, etc.

Example - a Jedi. Laser sword is fun but that lightning blast isn't going to hit very well. Sure there's form of the tempest but it's harder to make your own character when you have to rely on synergies. It's why you can't have an elemental mage that uses multiple types of damage and have it be competitive
  • soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    soulforger wrote: »

Sometimes for pure theme I want to add a random attack from another power set that doesn't work with my energy unlock, passive, etc.

Example - a Jedi. Laser sword is fun but that lightning blast isn't going to hit very well. Sure there's form of the tempest but it's harder to make your own character when you have to rely on synergies. It's why you can't have an elemental mage that uses multiple types of damage and have it be competitive

Exactly my point. Would love to see them do something to address this address.
  • l7zergel7zerge Posts: 14 Arc User
    "I'm not happy" that this game never got a Forge system or any more significant creative outlet outside of making our hero avatars fancier. That would have gone a long way to adding longevity to the game imo, unique player created arcs, challenges, even maps if it went that far. I'm not happy we'll never ever see it at this point, as the dev love required is too high and they missed their opportunity years ago. Really the only issue it could have presented was farming abuse, but that's easy enough to curtail

"I'm not happy" that it's so hard to find synergies between separate power sets. It's been mentioned by others in this thread. Some are easy, like fire's CF debuff has a few out of set spread methods and in general doesn't need too many skills to get going, but others are super specific and have a hard time being worked into a hybrid build. A large part of the appeal of freeform characters feels lost in the name of optimization. I wish these tags and triggers were more vague to let us experiment and really make something unique that doesn't end up feeling very gibbed
    "I'm not happy" that it's so hard to find synergies between separate power sets. It's been mentioned by others in this thread. Some are easy, like fire's CF debuff has a few out of set spread methods and in general doesn't need too many skills to get going, but others are super specific and have a hard time being worked into a hybrid build. A large part of the appeal of freeform characters feels lost in the name of optimization. I wish these tags and triggers were more vague to let us experiment and really make something unique that doesn't end up feeling very gibbed

Just ignore any synergies that make you feel like you shouldn't take the powers you want to take. All they did was add synergies, they didn't actually make it so powers that have no synergies suddenly don't work if you put them on your hotbar together. You might not top any scoreboards, but nobody cares about those.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Just ignore any synergies that make you feel like you shouldn't take the powers you want to take. All they did was add synergies, they didn't actually make it so powers that have no synergies suddenly don't work if you put them on your hotbar together. You might not top any scoreboards, but nobody cares about those.
    This Legit works especially if you make that build a TANK! Then you don't have to worry about synergy damage, Only agroing and tanking :grin:​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • horripilantehorripilante Posts: 323 Arc User
    I am still not happy that we dont have a Giant COSMIC Heart-Shaped monster that pop ups on Valentines and stay for a couple of days.
  • galactickirigalactickiri Posts: 92 Arc User
    "I am not happy that there is now a costume slot cap."

Agreed. On a couple of my mains, I am capped out on costume slots. To get any more, I'd have to pay open them up, so what gives? If I'm offering $$ to get more slots, why turn that down? :/
  • almightysaintsalmightysaints Posts: 4 Arc User
    Not happy about how PWI let all game run in the ground and dont care about players
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    I am still not happy that we dont have a Giant COSMIC Heart-Shaped monster that pop ups on Valentines and stay for a couple of days.
    Like Gossamer?
    latest?cb=20170607150901
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • forrksakesexcoforrksakesexco Posts: 435 Arc User
    I'm not happy that I have to queue for the Lemuria and Monster Island crises. I remember doing these solo back in the day and they go quite well. These are an excellent intro to these zones and feel quite edgy, can't they be made into 1 - 5 instances?

Not happy about Drifter salvage as such, can't we just have silver recognition instead. There are maybe too many currencies in the game.
    Profound quote.. "I'm not a complete idiot - several parts are missing."