test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Advice and help needed

devillstardevillstar Posts: 24 Arc User
I want to make one of my ff on a Force build but i have a problem with the Passive i want kinetic manipulation but is not so good because forcce cascade will disable it is there a way to stop it from that or any onther pasive that will help me with this team build ? since i want to have dps with a nice team of gravity manipulation

Thank you for help in advance i will need a lot !

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Yea, just use any passive that's not classed as an Energy Form but will still buff Crushing/Physical dmg in some way (includes Night Warrior, obv). If you want a basic Force/FC dps build then here's one that you can try:

(Unnamed Build) - Freeform (Ranged Damage)
    v3.42:34

Super Stats
    Level 6: Ego (Primary)
    Level 10: Recovery (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Scourge (Con: 10, Ego: 10, Rec: 10, End: 8)
    Level 6: Worldly (Ego: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 9: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 12: Ascetic (Con: 5, Ego: 5)
    Level 15: Daredevil (Ego: 5, End: 5)
    Level 18: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)
    Level 21: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Power Bolts
    Level 1: Force Blast (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 6: Concentration
    Level 8: Night Warrior (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Pulverizer
    Level 14: Telekinetic Burst (Rank 2, Sudden Impact)
    Level 17: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Force Cascade (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 23: Power Conversion (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 26: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 29: Force Shield (Rank 2, Force Sheathe)
    Level 32: Lock N Load
    Level 35:
    Level 38:
    Adv. Points: 31/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Ego: Force of Will (2/2)
    Ego: Insight (3/3)
    Ego: Follow Through (3/3)
    Ego: Sixth Sense (2/3)
    Avenger: Ruthless (2/2)
    Avenger: Round 'em Up (3/3)
    Avenger: Offensive Expertise (2/2)
    Avenger: Preemptive Strike (3/3)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (2/3)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (3/3)
    Mastery: Ego Mastery (1/1)

The open power slots can be used for w/e ya want.

Alternates between the Blast and charged FC, while keeping Power Conversion on cd. I added TK Burst w/ adv as a force-like AoE alternative to FC that doesn't scatter KB nor cost nearly as much, but can still knock for Pulverizer. Even though Pulverizer scales mostly w/ Rec, I chose to SS End here just cause you still need to gear some End to have a good enough energy tank for charged FC (and you can still get some Rec, if desired). Gears mostly for Ego, w/ some Con and End/Rec.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    I live more dangerously than Flow :) and and go with Rec and End as SSS. Truth be told, I hardly ever need Power Conversion with this set up. Especially fun for soloing Nightmare Event dailies.

Professor Futureman 5 - Freeform (Any / Multiple)

Super Stats
    Level 6: Ego (Primary)
    Level 15: Endurance (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Psychokinetic (Dex: 10, Ego: 10, Rec: 10, End: 8)
    Level 6: Worldly (Ego: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 9: Daredevil (Ego: 5, End: 5)
    Level 12: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)
    Level 15: Indomintable (Ego: 8)
    Level 18: Academics (Int: 5, Ego: 5)
    Level 21: Shooter (Dex: 5, Ego: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Force Bolts
    Level 1: Force Shield (Rank 2, Force Sheathe)
    Level 6: Burst Shot (Off Your Feet)
    Level 8: Concentration
    Level 11: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 14: Force Blast (Rank 2)
    Level 17: Pulverizer
    Level 20: Masterful Dodge (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 23: Force Cascade (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 26: Power Conversion (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 29: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 32: Imbue
    Level 35: Sonic Device (Deafening Dissolution)
    Level 38: Night Warrior (Rank 2, Rank 3, Silent Running)
    Adv. Points: 36/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6: Jet Boots (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Displacement Superspeed

Specializations
    Ego: Force of Will (2/2)
    Ego: Insight (3/3)
    Ego: Follow Through (3/3)
    Ego: Sixth Sense (2/3)
    Guardian: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Guardian: Ruthless (2/2)
    Guardian: Find the Mark (2/3)
    Guardian: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Avenger: Ruthless (2/2)
    Avenger: Round 'em Up (3/3)
    Avenger: Offensive Expertise (2/2)
    Avenger: Preemptive Strike (3/3)
    Mastery: Ego Mastery (1/1)

Devices
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    Yea, there's def other ways to afford FC, but I still like Power Conversion-based setups for it just cause it's a generally simple way to ease up the energy management for FC that still gives you some flexibility. If you find that you don't always need it or are maybe getting stuff like AoPM/AoAC then you can just opt not use it (and also not have the small dmg/heal penalty), and just activate it for when you do.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • devillstardevillstar Posts: 24 Arc User
    in a way i was thinking on somthing like int pss rec and end sss but i am not sure on how much the difference on dps will be
    molecular is a nice energy form because it scales with int but idk what kind of skils to add for it
    edited February 2020
    Int PSS is okay, though its Detect Vuln and NW's -resist can't take resistance past 0%, so it'll somewhat depend on the target/content. You could use MSA w/ something like Force Geyser (or Hurl in Might, if thematic enough, since that can be made to apply Demolish), but then again Pulverizer is easier since it automatically works w/ attacks that knock, like FC.
    Any powers that reduce the resistance on crushing damage with a theam not like guns or others ?
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    I use invisible guns on my build.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    devillstar wrote: »
    Any powers that reduce the resistance on crushing damage with a theam not like guns or others ?
    I'm not sure how far you're willing to stretch your theme, but I suppose there's also Burn Through via Chest Beam in PA to consider.
    I would pass on FEruption's Grav Polarity. The dmg bonus is in the earliest dmg layer and thus is subject to heavy DR, and you have to charge a low-dps AoE that scatters nearby enemies to trigger it, and then stand in the well. It's not really worth it, imo. Protection Field also won't be that strong here, since you aren't a Support w/ good bonus heal. I assume that you are trying to just spam FC outright, but that's going to take a ton of energy use, so if you do still have issues there then don't be afraid to add something like Power Conversion (or Dark Transfusion, though you have to mind the drawbacks)- you have plenty of open power slots anyways.
    with 662 Ego 83 Rec and 85 End 20 int and 15 dex and the others on 10 i was thinking to take 124 out of ego and put them on rec and end is this a good way to make the build better ?
    https://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=34&n=&d=15780000000000000091009C003I033705CC03H900K5039K033E0B8O03000000000000000000020000000010000000000&e=
    update on skills but after this point i have no idea what to take any more somthing with max range half of it dont sound so good
    edited February 2020
    devillstar wrote: »
    with 662 Ego 83 Rec and 85 End 20 int and 15 dex and the others on 10 i was thinking to take 124 out of ego and put them on rec and end is this a good way to make the build better ?
    Only if those changes let you spam FC when you otherwise wouldn't, and I'm not sure that would be enough on its own. Your main dps stat would still be Ego, but that's assuming there's no major energy issues. Quickly testing straight FC spam on the PTS, I'm still having some energy issues using it w/ Ego PSS's Insight, 3x Pulv stacked, Accel Metab on FC, Conc, and 620 Ego + 170 Rec + 145 End + 70 Int (used Hybrid role + R1 AoPM to help bump up the energy stats a bit). I also had a few energy issues when switching to an Int-based setup w/ MSA + Geyser, and INT/End/Rec. I'd have to get hit w/ Force Sheath to make FC spamming work easily, but that obv requires its own upkeep and for you to get hit pretty reliably. Ofc, you can always test things on the PTS/PH for yourself to see.

Afaik, the only 100ft-range Crushing debuffs atm are w/ Hurl and Gatling Gun (PA slotted toggles can apply Burn Through when maintained, but obv those aren't practical for a non-PA build), and I assume those don't fit the theme for you. Otherwise, you may want to consider getting an attack that doesn't scatter KB mobs nor have a long cd, just to have the option available when in groups. The rest of the power choices are just up to you, and may depend on the content you do, and/or the people you run it with.
    here is a lil bit of modification on the build for the telechinetic one

https://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=34&n=&d=15270s000000000000F000FE05F903FL0LFG00FC00FQ03G800K5039K03FO03F300000000000tH52MGB438W10000000000&e=

and here is the full build for the gravitar one

https://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=34&n=&d=15780Y875XWa000000300037053I003800CC03H900K5039K039A039C008O033E0B000000000ckr3bDM438W10000000000&e=

the skils are not in this order but eh there is already what it has to be here
    and i was thinking to add gravitic ripple on the gravity one but for now i still have to save for it
    edited February 2020
    Okay, here's an edit for the Ranged TK build:

(Unnamed Build) - Freeform (Ranged Damage)

Super Stats
    Level 6: Dexterity (Primary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Chiller (Dex: 10, Con: 10, Rec: 8, End: 10)
    Level 6: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 9: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 12: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 15: Accurate (Dex: 5, End: 5)
    Level 18: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)
    Level 21: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Kinetic Darts
    Level 1: Telekinetic Strike (Rank 2, Stressed Out)
    Level 6: Ego Form (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 8: Mental Precision
    Level 11: Telekinetic Reverberation
    Level 14: Telekinetic Barrage (Rank 2, Dazzle)
    Level 17: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Telekinetic Lance (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 23: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 26: Telekinetic Shield (Rank 2)
    Level 29: Ego Surge (Rank 2, Nimble Mind)
    Level 32:
    Level 35:
    Level 38:
    Adv. Points: 28/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Dexterity: Combat Training (2/3)
    Dexterity: Gear Utilization (3/3)
    Dexterity: Deadly Aim (3/3)
    Dexterity: Expose Weakness (2/2)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (2/3)
    Guardian: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Guardian: Ruthless (2/2)
    Guardian: Find the Mark (3/3)
    Guardian: The Best Defense (2/3)
    Mastery: Dexterity Mastery (1/1)

Kept in most of the core powers for dps, so there's plenty of room leftover. Maybe add in Mental Impact as the ult, if you have it unlocked. TK Maelstrom could also be nice to add. The build alternates between TK Strike and TK Lance for single-target dps, and uses TK Barrage for AoE. Gears mostly for Dex, w/ some Con and Rec.

-

As for the Force build- I'm unsure what you're tying to do w/ it now. I guess you want a dual passive build? How has energy management been for it? I've already given my suggestions for FC before, and some it could depend on the content you want to do or what goals you have for it. I guess I'll wait on getting more info for it for now.
    well the FC build is good on bot q zone solo and on dps and the energi is ok in special now after i did change a bit on stats
    Okay. Well, if the build is working out for you now then you don't necc need to make that many changes to it. I may get 3/3 in Find the Mark in Guardian, and you could save some adv points (maybe for the Ult or Geyser) by getting R1 Indestructible or R2 Resurgence instead of R3 Unbreakable. Ranking LNL is also not as high priority here. I may still add a non-KB AoE alternative to FC, but it's not as important when solo.