test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 2/14/2020

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
edited February 2020 in Release Notes
Phantom Lockbox
  • Fixed a bug where Phantom Gloves were not unlocking on female characters. This fix is retroactive.

Alerts
  • Fixed a bug where a Talisman alert displayed the wrong banner.

Cosmics
  • Fixed a bug where Teleiosaurus and Qwyjibo stopped walking around.

Powers
  • Addressed an issue where not all players who owned Vapor Form received a respec.

Serial
  • Added a pointer mission to direct players who have never played the serial story to Ladyhawke.
​​

Comments

• zedecks#7196 zedecks Posts: 8 Arc User
    The Phantom Helmet has no glow options, is that deliberate or an oversight?
  • ansharkisharansharkishar Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    ---DELELTED---
    Got clarification online.
    Thanks, Kaiserin!
    Post edited by ansharkishar on
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    OOF The Announcher voice for the alert
    The voice over for the TALISMA -ALERT- is so bad splicing you can tell it's different voice with a Sound Effect on it
    Obviously you cant get the same voice actor to record new lines as announcher, but the difference is noticeable

Talisman costume items drops don't have the Big Bright Circle

But overall, its good to have a New alert boss that actually drops new items (It's Valerian's costumes farming all over again, just like the good old days)​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • aaronkorraaronkorr Posts: 55 Arc User
    Any chance we could maybe, just maybe give the pointer to Defender or Socrates instead? It's annoying with the onslaught one and this is going to be just as annoying. I can understand it with limited time events, not so much this. And it's not like Defender has much to offer anyways. Plus the serial might put off new players that try it when they first get it because of the steep difficulty climb in comparison to everything else, even some 40s can sometimes struggle with it. I get you want people doing it but... this is in the same vein as popup ads and no one likes those.
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    373fpu.jpg
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • psychicslugpsychicslug Posts: 722 Arc User
    aura you get from the first mission for the hands does not seem to work any more, tried reequipping, changing out color ect and still not working. The Magic Imbued Aura (hands) is broken
  • nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 970 Arc User
    Bug: don't ever drop the "a mystical visitor" mission, you will get the new mission locked​​
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Ever after the "24 hour cooldown" ?
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 970 Arc User
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Ever after the "24 hour cooldown" ?

it's been 2 days since I did it this thursday just before the dev cc​​
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • sapphiechusapphiechu Posts: 259 Arc User
    aura you get from the first mission for the hands does not seem to work any more, tried reequipping, changing out color ect and still not working. The Magic Imbued Aura (hands) is broken

I can confirm this. I was all excited about getting that, and I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong, but nope - no aura. I wants mah aura!!!
    3856039c53d222b47efa23bc56b3c976ccefd059.jpg
  • ragadolfragadolf Posts: 95 Arc User
    sapphiechu wrote: »

I can confirm this. I was all excited about getting that, and I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong, but nope - no aura. I wants mah aura!!!

Ditto!
    Can confirm the confirm. :)
    I also tried swapping it out from the 'always on' to 'combat only' slot and back, un-equipping, re-equipping, changing colors, etc. I'm glad it's not (just) me! I thought i might be doing something wrong.
    Magic Imbued Aura (Hands) is Definitely broke.

On a plus note, Thank you for the new serial chapter! I like it! :)

Ragadolf~ "Meddle not in the affairs of Wizards. For you are crunchy and good with ketchup! No, wait, that's not right,..."
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    naciiito wrote: »
    Bug: don't ever drop the "a mystical visitor" mission, you will get the new mission locked​​

I guess it's a good thing the 100 mission limit means we never have to drop a mission ever o3o
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,069 Arc User
    However, I am disliking the removal of the event missions that have progress made in them. Such as the reward is a costume/device/whathaveyou and I'm at 3 of 5, or 4 of 5, or 7 of 10. Then the event ends and that mission is removed. All progress lost.

For a costume that is account wide, I usually have it from one alt. But other alts just don't get full play time due to Real Life. Sure, I can do it all over again when the event comes round again on the alt that wants the aura/device/etc, you know, the stuff that is PER CHARACTER. But, I was hoping that since Event tokens wouldn't reset until the next year, the same might be said for these sorts of missions.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    I was kinda bummed when that happened. Guess it wasn't "motivation to do the event again to complete the mission" but instead "motivation to do the event multiple days this time around".