test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 2/13/2020

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
edited February 2020 in Release Notes
Serial Story: Serene Abyss
  • If you have completed Death Rattle, you will automatically be given a mission to meet up with Ladyhawke.
  • You must complete the Death Rattle Serial to access this mission.
  • Once this mission is completed, you can replay it again in 24 hours. Return to Dr. Ka for the repeatable mission.
  • Minimum level 20 to acquire the missions.
  • Moved Ladyhawke's location to the Ravenswood Academy.
  • Added Dr. Ka contact in the Mods and Fusion area.

Costume Contest
  • Attending the Valentines day costume contest today (February 13th) will grant you the Valentine title and Throw Hearts emote! Emote is an account unlock. Title is per character.

Phantom Lockbox
This Lockbox is now available!

New to this Lockbox:
  • Phantom Costume Set
  • Beam of Light Costume Transformation
  • Overwhelming Power Costume Transformation
  • Heart Emote
  • Phantom Archer Loyal Sidekick
  • Arrow Assault Power Unlock

Phantom Costume Set
  • Phantom Tights 1
  • Phantom Tights 2
  • Phantom Tights 3
  • Phantom Helmet
  • Phantom Hood
  • Phantom Cap
  • Phantom Armor
  • Phantom Bracers
  • Phantom Emblem
  • Phantom Gloves
  • Phantom Greaves
  • Phantom Boots
  • Phantom Mask
  • Phantom Eyebrow
  • Phantom Back

ZEN Store
Added new Key Pack:
  • 1800 ZEN
  • 20x Keys
  • Titan Helmet Costume
  • 25x Pinpoint Accuracy mods. Boosts Archery damage.
  • 3x Triumphant Recovery
  • 10x Healing Device Plus
  • 10x Energy Surge Plus

Questionite
  • Added Frost Bite travel power to the Travel Power store.

Trade Paperback
For the next week the Trade Paperback box will be available! The vendor is located in the vehicles building.
  • Added new action figures and costumes to this store.
  • Added Lovestruck, Delightful and Wishful titles to the store.
  • Added Cosmic Aura Body (No Head) and Cosmic Aura Chestwear to the store.

Alerts
  • Added Talisman Alert to the Smash alert queue.
  • Updated Talisman's look.
  • Talisman can drop her vest and collar costumes.
  • Known issue: The alert banner displayed for Talisman is incorrect.

Powers
Power Armor
  • Fixed an issue where Power Armor abilities would blink on the powertray while maintaining another ability.

Perception Debuff Powers
  • These powers now share a linked cooldown.
  • Perception debuff effects can no longer stack from multiple sources.

Gas Arrow
  • Updated tooltip to state its perception debuff values.

Smoke Grenade
  • Fixed missing tooltip values.

New Power: Frost Bite/Cold Front
  • Teleportation Power
  • Available in Questionite Store

Vapor Form
  • Removed all prior effects this power had.
  • Now a toggle ability.
  • Grants flight.
  • Wipes threat from nearby targets initially.
  • Boosts damage resistance.
  • Taking damage applies Chill to targets.
  • Cannot use any powers while active.
  • Increased cooldown to 90 seconds (from 60).
  • Invigorating Chill: Now applies Cold Snap when this power expires.
  • New Advantage (2): Applies Restoration.
  • Players who had this power will receive a respec.

New Power: Arrow Assault
  • Ultimate.
  • Available in the Phantom Lockbox.
  • Deals initial and delayed damage to foes. Knocks down and Stuns targets.
  • Advantage (3): Removes knock and Stun effects, instead applies Overpower.

New Shadows
  • Fixed an issue where the melee attacks used by this group had a range of 5ft instead of 10ft.
  • Bloodgorgers will now more reliably use their Vampiric Rage buff. You can prevent this effect from stacking with careful blocking.
  • Bloodgorgers now use the Tear Down power.
  • Bloodgorgers now use the Pounce power.
  • Immortals now use the Veil of Darkness power.
  • Many New Shadows now use the Deadly Bite ability, which applies Deep Wound that deals damage over time based on the number of bleed stacks on you.
  • Updated visuals on many New Shadows abilities.

Misc
  • Moved Colossus Action Figure (from Nightmare event) as a drop from the Shadow Colossus in Resistance. Must be on Very Hard difficulty.
  • Moved Trey King action figures (from Nightmare event) as possible drops from Trey Kings.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    I rate this lockbox 3/10! Boring Rehashed and mediocre costumes that relies on tights, rushed to meet the Valentine's day! No chest Armours (not counting those petit suspenders) a lot of insignificant pieces
    Only the helmet and the hood stand out, but they are rehash of Reactor, Strange Deity and the Event costumes
    Derpy Sidekick not even gonna bother
    No Archery Revamp despite the lockbox's theme! Archery still Underperforms with outdated mechanics and a Boost mod wont save it!
    Questionable Ultimate that Requires 3 Points for the Overpowered Debuff and splited damage between Piercing and Fire?

Very Disappointed both costume and ultimate wise
    At least now Telepathy and Infernal are the only powerframes left to recieve Lockbox Ultimates! After them I can only hope 2nd wave of Powerframe lockbox ultimates will be created (and here is hoping Ice, Heavy Weapons and Bestial get better than the current dumb ultimates)
    Added new action figures and costumes to this store.
    Moving all the Nightmare Invansion skulls...
    Good thing I got paranoid last year and farmed for all of them
    But again, Trade Paperback is nothing more than a Gacha Cashgrab for new players​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    Happy to see the new stuff and excited to finally get to see the highly anticipated Serene Abyss!

Admittedly however, I am disappointed at the other aspects of the patch that seem a bit rushed, like the lockbox and powers. I understand the difficulty in meeting deadlines, but I think I would have preferred to see things better fleshed out and prepared.

Hoping to see some fixes for the stuff that needs it. Also hoping we don't see the planned perception debuffs forgotten down the road as well.
  • sannia1sannia1 Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    I'm getting a bug with the new weapons aura when using dual blades. The glowing blade effect is only showing up on the left hand weapon, and the runic circles are only showing up on the right hand weapon.

aura.jpg
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    I concur with what has been already said. Boo the new lockbox. Boo!
  • blackout1976blackout1976 Posts: 6 Arc User
    Where is Tear Down?

dyHkNae.gif
    edited February 2020
    Where is Tear Down
    Tear Down and Wind-Darkness perception powers needed more work and time in the Oven

Tear Down didnt even have any ADV to be useful, just a short AOE lunge with big Cooldown! Cool animation wouldnt make it alone​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • blackout1976blackout1976 Posts: 6 Arc User
    avianos wrote: »
    Where is Tear Down
    Tear Down and Wind-Darkness perception powers needed more work and time in the Oven

Tear Down didnt even have any ADV to be useful, just a short AOE lunge with big Cooldown! Cool animation wouldnt make it alone​​

Damn, applying Bleed and refreshing/adding a stack of my Enrage was useful enough for me :/
  • lun4cy#3055 lun4cy Posts: 14 Arc User
    Void Shift's visual effect is missing the black Darkness portion of its hue

iY3RZKl.png
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Who comes up with the weird batearhelmets and sillly spiketoed boots?
    I need names.
    :#
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    kaiserin wrote:
    [*] Talisman can drop her vest and collar costumes.
    <3
    giphy.gif

(PS: Did Thigh Highs get a texture update? Looking good! :+1:)
    edited February 2020
    Serial Story: Serene Abyss
    If you have completed Death Rattle, you will automatically be given a mission to meet up with Ladyhawke.
    You must complete the Death Rattle Serial to access this mission.
    Once this mission is completed, you can replay it again in 24 hours. Return to Dr. Ka for the repeatable mission.
    Minimum level 20 to acquire the missions.
    Moved Ladyhawke's location to the Ravenswood Academy.
    Added Dr. Ka contact in the Mods and Fusion area.

Really digging the Mood this part provides with the visuals and more Voice acting
    I enjoy that more Story characters like Talisman and Dr.Ka are being utilized for story telling
    also really enjoying that old enemies got updated with new powers and now follow the games' current power level and meta as well as providing them with more personality

and Vibora Bay mansion enviroment are criminally underrated
    ...are the Newshadows summing Single-Blade Cursed swords? Remember when I suggest that with Heavy Weapons during Halloween :grimace:

Not a fan of Ladyhawke being moved into Ravenswood academy though and going from Westside to the Downtown Lab is still obnoxious time pandering​​
  • speanozspeanoz Posts: 238 Arc User
    Void Shift's visual effect is missing the black Darkness portion of its hue

iY3RZKl.png

I..... I kind of like that.. :s
    edited February 2020
    Ok Talisman is Ridiculous
    • 8 STACKS OF DEVOID which cannot be countered because she applies it with Dimensional Collapse! Even if it's a weaker version of Devoid it cause massive defense breach on 8 stacks
    • Damage over time
    • and getting vacuumed by Ebon Rift

The new Shadow's updated visuals cause some Framerate issues
    It's the Ego Sleep​​
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Ok Talisman is Ridiculous
    • 8 STACKS OF DEVOID which cannot be countered because she applies it with Dimensional Collapse! Even if it's a weaker version of Devoid it cause massive defense breach on 8 stacks
    • Damage over time
    • and getting vacuumed by Ebon Rift

The new Shadow's updated visuals cause some Framerate issues​​

Yeah she's awesome. More like this plz!

PS - what is "time pandering"? I looked it up and there's nothing and the words don't really make sense when put together like that... are you implying that they are pandering to the god of time? o3o
    edited February 2020
    spinnytop wrote: »
    PS - what is "time pandering"? I looked it up and there's nothing and the words don't really make sense when put together like that... are you implying that they are pandering to the god of time? o3o
    It's when videogame creators artificially expand the length of a game after a certain point with annoying ways, in order to give the illusion the game is bigger

Example: You need to Beat the Dungeon 2-3 times in order to advance the main story
    Or beat the same Dungeon but everything is Upside Down
    Or fight all the bosses again in a boss rush, it's the same bosses but with more HP
    Or multiple missions with Fixed Timer (Oh Hi Sky Command)

For this case is traveling all the way to Westside to Downtown to speak with Lady Nighthawk. Unless you have Vehicle+Teleporter to RenCen
    You know, CO has the ability to communicate with NPCs via Crime Computer

AND the 20-23 hours between each mission​​
    upside down castle in symphony of the night was awesome, you're a booger face o3o
    edited February 2020
    upside down castle in symphony of the night was awesome, you're a booger face o3o
    I knew you would get the reference and you didn't disappoint onion-34.gif

I didn't mind it, but some people found it boring since it's the same recycled maps but Upside down with stronger enemies
    Let's be honest, symphony of the Night is one of the Best Castlevania games but also very easy once you get a strong weapon as a drop, that's why they are making randomizers and difficulty mods​​
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
    The cutscene spam is infuriating when you're just trying to farm her for the top. I've died so many times tabbing down just to wait for the cutscene to be over. X.x
    [NbK]XStorm
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Or fight all the bosses again in a boss rush, it's the same bosses but with more HP

The KH3 data fights were awesome, you're a booger face o3o​​
    edited February 2020
    lezard21 wrote: »
    The KH3 data fights were awesome, you're a booger face o3o
    THAT'S COMPLETY DIFFERENT and Doesn't count for KH! I was aiming for other games that do that very cheaply without a lot of thoughts and redesigns
    The KH2:FM and KH3:RE:MIND Data fights are NOT the same bosses as you fight in the story
    When you fight them in the story against shoved boss battle pairs of 2 and 3 they have very limited powers and attacks and feel unpolished and unfinished (like the vanilla game before DLC) and some of them you cannot really fight all the way because the Plots demands it
    In Data fights they have a whole new set of powers, moves, ways to counters them and Desperation Moves they don't use in main with great difficulty and challenge! They are NOT the same fights with more HP
    and the main complain with KH3 was that the humanoid bosses were very few, shoved into the end of the story and you couldn't solo them! Compared to KH2:FM where there are so many humanoid bosses across the story before the end​​
    edited February 2020
    nbkxs wrote: »
    The cutscene spam is infuriating when you're just trying to farm her for the top. I've died so many times tabbing down just to wait for the cutscene to be over. X.x

STILL Not as bad as Forum Malvanum unskippable cutscene spamalvum
    This is how you DON'T DO Colosseums fights in videogames​​
    nbkxs wrote: »

STILL Not as bad as Forum Malvanum unskippable cutscene spamalvum
    This is how you DON'T DO Colosseums fights in videogames​​

Get a tablet and you won't have to tab out. SpinnyTop at it again solving everyone's problems!
    edited March 2020
    Get a tablet and you won't have to tab out. SpinnyTop at it again solving everyone's problems!
    ORRRRRRR the thing I have been doing for 6+ Years. Playing CO on Windowed mode while having an Internet Browser on the side playing Youtube videos so I can Multitask

Like the video I'm watching right now, Having unskippable cutscenes on repeatable content being a Horrible videogame design​​