test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

stealth builds

opalflameopalflame Posts: 207 Arc User
I have seen some people who seem to stay in stealth almost constantly. They just disappear and shoot me to death while all I can do is run around trying to figure out where they went. They reappear every now and then, but only for a second or so. Then they are gone again before I can even hit them once. Is there no way to fight builds like this, or am I missing something?
Ink@Opalsky in game

Comments

• notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    opalflame said:

I have seen some people who seem to stay in stealth almost constantly. They just disappear and shoot me to death while all I can do is run around trying to figure out where they went. They reappear every now and then, but only for a second or so. Then they are gone again before I can even hit them once. Is there no way to fight builds like this, or am I missing something?

step 1: get a perception core from the PvP vendor

step 2: get at least 100 int

step 3: install perception core into gear

step 4: put on gear

step 5: laugh as you can now see the invisble people/rank up core/get more int/get a second core[they stack]
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    also they appear if they get damage or heal , aoe auras and attacks are your freind.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Well, a common solution to stealth builds is to just have an indestructible build, since all that stealth stuff does have a cost in dps. Alternatively, you can see through most stealth with sufficient amounts of +perception, and smoke grenade (perception debuff) is associated with a location so you can move out of it.
  • shaun98ca2shaun98ca2 Posts: 29 Arc User
    AE ability that doesn't require a target couldn't hurt either, or damage reflecting block. Wonder what dots do to their stealth.
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited January 2017

AE ability that doesn't require a target couldn't hurt either, or damage reflecting block. Wonder what dots do to their stealth.

DOT's and Bleeds are murder on stealth builds. As they prevent players from becoming stealthed. I've heard the Punji Trap device also useful, thanks to the slow + damage ticks.

Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • opalflameopalflame Posts: 207 Arc User
    I am a tank. I can survive against them for a while but that doesn't really matter because if I can't hit them they will still kill me eventually. Most of my healing requires me to be hitting something. They turn invisible before I can even put a DoT on them. How high a rank does the perception core need to be to make a difference?
    Ink@Opalsky in game
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    opalflame said:

How high a rank does the perception core need to be to make a difference?

Depends on what they're using; it takes on the order of 200% +perception to reliably see through things like teleport.
  • raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    Take Antagonize w/Quills, Electric Shield w/Electric Vengeance, or Voodoo Doll, as your block and laugh as they break their own stealth trying to damage you.​​
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Don't duel people who have Night Warrior as their passive.
  • shaun98ca2shaun98ca2 Posts: 29 Arc User
    raighn said:

Take Antagonize w/Quills, Electric Shield w/Electric Vengeance, or Voodoo Doll, as your block and laugh as they break their own stealth trying to damage you.​​

Ebon Void I think hurts your opponent as well. Prob with an advantage.
  • raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    Ebon void heals you, it does no damage at all. The advantage gives you a stacking lingering shield.

The only other shield that does damage is eldritch shield w/adv while affected by AoED
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    opalflame said:

I am a tank. I can survive against them for a while but that doesn't really matter because if I can't hit them they will still kill me eventually. Most of my healing requires me to be hitting something. They turn invisible before I can even put a DoT on them. How high a rank does the perception core need to be to make a difference?

well I make do with a spare helm in my bag that has a rank 5 perception core and 128 int in it, and with that I can see though everything up to smoke nade...
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
    edited January 2017
    raighn said:

Ebon void heals you, it does no damage at all. The advantage gives you a stacking lingering shield.

The only other shield that does damage is eldritch shield w/adv while affected by AoED

Eben Void does in fact have a chance to deal damage to opponents that strike you while you are blocking with it. It sometimes kills the adds when I'm add tanking with it in TA.
    edited February 2017
    I use mostly melee attacks, so I can't always get close enough to hit them before they disappear and none of the 50ft PBAoEs seem to fit my character. I'm probably just gonna go with the perception gear and hope that a good PBAoE that fits my character comes out some day. Thanks for the advice, everyone!
    Post edited by opalflame on
    Ink@Opalsky in game
    edited February 2017
    I'm not trying to beat everything. I already know that isn't gonna happen, because my damage is so low that if I duel another tank it will usually just go on forever until one of us gets bored and leaves. I just wanted to know if it's possible because I like to see how many different kinds of builds I can beat without sacrificing my survivability. If I can't, it doesn't bother me too much. I like my hp too much to get rid of it just to counter one type of build.

Oh I did get over 100 int without losing my 20k+ hp though (just had to switch my energy SS to int, and the SS bonus from justice gear and the veteran core took care of that), and I'm working on ranking up a perception mod. I'm not sure if that will be enough, but it's still worth a try.
    Post edited by opalflame on
    Ink@Opalsky in game
  • zemmaxzemmax Posts: 295 Arc User
    Ey kid, I heard you be having some of em stealth sight problems. I might have something that... might help you out. Just gimme a call and we can do business.

• rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

Don't duel people who have Night Warrior as their passive.

Years ago I tried Dueling a guy once with Manipulator + NW, without realizing what he'd do to me, oh boy, Fool me once, never again.
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Isn't smoke bomb getting nerfed anyway? Which makes me sad, but c'est la vie.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
    edited February 2017
  • oobtreeoobtree Posts: 1,068 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

Escape Artist is being removed from it.

It's cool, Evasive Maneuvers still offers Escape Artist.

Believe it or not, the HG/Champion vendor offers introductory perception gear that you can mod with more perception. Also, check the Market for a "Duckunder" or other Secondary Utility gear offering +100% perception (pretty rare find.)
    oobtree said:

It actually does not o3o
  • oobtreeoobtree Posts: 1,068 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

oobtree said:

It actually does not o3o

Evasive Maneuvers has a huge penalty now for using the stealth advantage.

Well then, I stand corrected. I usually go for R3. Gotta love that 19% dodge!
  • silentline7silentline7 Posts: 21 Arc User
    I hope this advice helps.

In a 1 vs 1 street fight the area is smaller and its 70% easier to dispatch them.

In PvP instances despite all your ways to see them they indeed to have at least 4 seconds to get to you and murder you via
    placate after a hold even if your clever enough to speed around the area. Surviving the initial kill process is how you can put pressure on them and shrug off or over heal all they do.

Know your enemy:

The old Pro stealth set used to keep Intelligence as a Main stat to makes opponents softer to very huge single hits while increasing secondaries by 20%.
    (in order to manage support a decrease in tank defense by -40% they need a lot of int. So expect around -10 through -25% to your defense standard.)

Dexterity to stay out of sight out of mind.

The third specialty depends on the type:
    -Constitution-in case something unexpected occurs (strangely enough you can still kill people without the backing damage stat)
    -Strength-for those very elaborate coordinated melee types who use shielding and gas canisters to de-buff Stealth sight by about -400% (I don't know if the canisters are still that potent anymore so don;t quote me on that).
    -Ego for those shooters/Superior Holder/ and those dirty types who are quick to drop sleep on unsuspecting players.
    (A staple with Darkness power users)

-Night-warrior for Stealth option of course

-Manipulator as a Passive-combined with Int specialization to increase hold alone makes them monsters indeed.

-Ego Hold as an embarrassingly long Shield removing opener while dangling you in the air ready to be gutted.
    (it doesn't break stealth so they can test your hold resistance and or moves you have prepped against it in order to make
    a safe kill or find a person to single out over and over for score. Bad thing is they can also move around while enacting this move which makes them that much more unpredictable.)

-Assassin Strike for about 21k

-Executioners shot if you survive for an additional 8k+

-A fully ranked Active offense buff sometimes backed with poison,sonic, or critical push buffs.

-At least 2 placates.

-An emergency health Direct Defense to ruin your day when you thought you had them.

Now Killing them:
    1.Keep moving. This might help if they do not have an Ego Hold for some reason or have one in cool down.

2.Frequently Spam low cost high radius AoE's you do not need to have a target to employ for no reason at all. You nick them and its curtains unless they have a placate. Point is you know they are there and if you have the right stealth detection they don't know your looking right at them in all the confusion.

3.Which brings us to: [Maximize your Stealth detection] other players highly stress this as they have earlier in this forum discussion.

4. (Other shields have been mentioned but I find this one most helpful) Get a fire shield with the Hold breaking advantage. As long as its up they don't have a prayer. Odds are in your favor they are set on fire and the hold they relied on is swiftly broken before they have enough time to charge the stealth attack allowing you the opportunity to beat them into a puddle or block and watch other players unload on them for a free kill. Use tank role because you'd lose a rank to your shield in order to get the advantage needed to break the holds and need to make up for this loss. (Combined with Hold breaking Direct offenses or defenses this works best to seal the holes in your build concerning enemy hold strength)

When a Night-warrior knows going after you is too much trouble they will go and pick on less prepared players. Usually those trapped in a much more predictable standard non-freeform build.

Good luck.
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    Spam Epidemic.