test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Pick up NPCs a fever dream?

You know like how telekinesis can trap foe in a bubble and throw objects at enemies. Ever thought if you could pick up and throw weaker minions at other minions with ego. What if it was a might power as well. it came to me while i picked up a trash can in CO and realized i can beat the with it instead of throwing the picked up object till it exploded. a pick up may count as a hold or paralysis.
w9ue1vc.gif
thow them into other players causing splash damage
z28u7Hz.gif
carry them for a short time as they try to break free
sDITwOV.gif
weaker toons means less hold strenght
5IyDsuZ.gif
tap F to resist being scooped up
OgGRcQ6.gif
burst them down or smackem around a bit
k1iKmGq.gif

nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
Tagged:

Comments

• bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    sure anything to make the pick-up and throw mechanics less useless.

expect a 12-page double-spaced essay from cryptic explaining how they can't do it though, that's their development specialty.

they could, if they tried. You can code anything into a game engine by principle. Inverse Kinematics exist for this kind of animation coordination between models of different sizes, and it's been executed in other games before (including games like Dragon's Dogma where characters can be of vastly different sizes and shapes). But they'll spend the time that could go towards doing something like this whining and making more costume parts.

I also recall them back when they were still the devs of COH (2007-8ish) that they said they would never be able to do custom power animations and how much of a hassle that would be to implement. Then paragon studios just went ahead and did it.

Whining and bitching about how difficult it is to do things has always been Cryptic's MO. Them being incompetent isn't something new.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
    I just want a "Use NPC Civillians as a human shield" block mechanic
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    dialamx wrote: »
    I just want a "Use NPC Civillians as a human shield" block mechanic

I think it would be neat if they coded it so that when you are holding an object ( car, crate, etc... ) that it takes damage before you do, similar to how in Devil May Cry 4 when you were holding a demon with the Devil Bringer it would shield you from damage.