test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Help me fix my Martial Artists

andondarkmoreandondarkmore Posts: 670 Arc User
edited February 2020 in Builds and Roles
I have 2 Martial Artist That I have not used for a while. When I tried the Red Banner event I found both builds wanting. I am looking for help making them Survivable DPSers.

First one is Knight of the Draconic Court. A martial artist in 'Light" armor with the metallic Dragon Head head piece. (Concept is man when he dons the dragon help gets armored up and is a dragon themed martial Artist)

Want to keep Fire Breath for concept. Once I get Red Banner event Dragon Device I can drop Dragon Fury (but would like to keep if possible)

KNIGHT OF THE DRACONIC COURT - Freeform (Melee Damage)
v3.42:34

Super Stats
Level 6: Dexterity (Primary)
Level 10: Endurance (Secondary)
Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents
Level 1: The Chiller (Dex: 10, Con: 10, Rec: 8, End: 10)
Level 6: Accurate (Dex: 5, End: 5)
Level 9: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
Level 12: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)
Level 15: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
Level 18: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
Level 21: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)

Powers
Level 1: Throw Fire
Level 1: Fire Breath (Rank 2, Spitfire)
Level 6: Thermal Reverberation
Level 8: Form of the Tempest
Level 11: Unstoppable (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 14: One Hundred Hands (Demolishing Strikes, Flaming Fists)
Level 17: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 20: Dragon Uppercut (Rank 2, Dragon Rush)
Level 23: Thunderbolt Lunge
Level 26: Resurgence (Rank 2)
Level 29: Immolation (Rank 2, Blazing Body)
Level 32: Fire Shield (Rank 2)
Level 35: Fiery Embrace
Level 38: Fury of the Dragon (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Adv. Points: 36/36

Travel Powers
Level 6: Acrobatics (Rank 2)
Level 35: Flight (Rank 2, Rank 3)

Specializations
Dexterity: Combat Training (2/3)
Dexterity: Gear Utilization (3/3)
Dexterity: Deadly Aim (3/3)
Dexterity: Expose Weakness (2/2)
Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
Vindicator: Mass Destruction (2/3)
Warden: Fortified Gear (3/3)
Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
Warden: Upper Hand (2/3)
Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
Mastery: Dexterity Mastery (1/1)

The Second Build is Mark Dragon a Martial artist with Flaming fists. (Concept is a Martial Artist that embodies the aspect of the dragon ) looking for powers that have fire/flame FX. As like the build above willing drop Dragon Fury when I get Red Banner event device but would like to keep if possible.

MARK DRAGON - Freeform (Any / Multiple)

Super Stats

Talents
Level 6: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
Level 9: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)
Level 12: Accurate (Dex: 5, End: 5)
Level 18: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
Level 21: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)

Powers
Level 1: Vicious Strikes
Level 1: One Hundred Hands (Demolishing Strikes, Flaming Fists, Ghostly Strikes)
Level 6: Night Warrior (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 11: Thermal Reverberation
Level 14: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 17: Smoke Bomb Lunge
Level 20: Burning Chi Fist (Rank 2, Shattering Strike, Ghostly Strikes)
Level 23: Brimstone (Rank 2, Aftershock)
Level 26: Immolation (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 29: Resurgence (Rank 2)

Travel Powers
Level 6: Blazing Speed
Level 35: Phoenix Flight (Rank 2, Rank 3)

Specializations
Warden: Elusive (2/2)
Vindicator: Focused Strikes (2/3)
Vindicator: Mass Destruction (3/3)

Thank you again in advanced.

Post edited by andondarkmore on

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Both builds are bit hampered by having to work around having Fire and using CFlames. They're both good for dps builds that mix Fire and Unarmed, but if you want to be more efficient then it would prob be better to focus on one set (you can still keep the Ult for the theme of spitting Fire, I guess). Another option, if you don't want to abandon the Fire stuff, is to just use the Hybrid-dps approach w/ R3 Invuln as the passive. You'll take a considerable hit to your base dps, but will also be much sturdier and get to keep all/most of your powers. It's up to you what kind of approach you want to take.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    If it were me, I'd figure out a way to work Dragon Kick (if you are low on Energy take the Rush adv) into your builds. Nice to be able to run in and stun the mooks and then take them out with your main attack.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    edited February 2020
    Well, Brimstone in the 2nd build already gives some AoE CC (Fire Breath w/ Char adv could too, but that comes at the end of the channel and would lower its dmg even more). But yeah, DK is nice AoE dps + CC for Unarmed builds, assuming it's thematic enough to fit in.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    If you're going to use CF, you might as well use Absorb Heat since it's a very powerful heal if you have the ability to apply CF to multiple targets.

I would drop Fiery Embrace to free up a slot, then get either Thunder Clap or Dragon Kick so you have some aoe CC ability.

That said, what specifically are the problems you're having? You showed us your build but you didn't actually tell us what happened in-game that made you find its performance lacking. Was it an energy issue? Dying before you can get all your buffs/debuffs setup? Inability to make openings where you can attack? etc...
  • andondarkmoreandondarkmore Posts: 670 Arc User
    I drop easily when not blocking.
    edited February 2020
    Well, maybe try the hybrid-dps approach w/ a defensive passive, cause then you don't necc need to change any of your main powers or rotations. But if you want to stay more dps focused, then I'd generally agree w/ putting an(other) AoE CC power in there instead. Some of it may also be related to aggro management, and maybe just letting other players/tanks get heat by focusing more on taking out single-targets, and/or getting stuff like threat wipes. Many things could address survival issues, and it's kinda hard to say w/o knowing how you play, but there's a good few options available to you out there.
    Are you intending this for higher end game content like cosmics or just casual/personal/solo play? If the latter then taking Invulnerability and going hybrid (as suggested by Flow) is the easy fix. If you want to do higher end stuff as competitive dps (i.e. not be at the bottom of the score below the tanks) and don't want to mess too much with your builds you could try the following when you don't have tanks to draw the enemy and healers to keep you alive:

Build 1
    Change Dragon Uppercut to Dragon Kick with the same advantages. All you need to do is lunge in > Dragon Kick x1-2 > 100 hands to mop up.

Build 2
    Are you OK with Earth Splitter instead of Brimstone? You can use that as your opener. The knock up works as a minor CC and on full charge you will apply clinging flames. Then lunge, 100 hands and BCF. If you still have trouble maybe switch the self rez to a stun of some sort and apply that after the lunge.

If you need to save points, you could change Immolation to just Imbue with no ranks.

Note that if you mostly stack Dex your form should give most all the energy you need.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • andondarkmoreandondarkmore Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Knight of the Draconic Cout can go Survivable Martial Artist DPSer as ling as I can keep FIre Breath and Fury of the dragon for theme)

With Mark Dragon I am looking for a Flaming Fist attack (and Dragon Fury) version of Iron Fist for theme. Willing to go Survivable DPS Martial Artist as long as I can keep Dragon Fury and Eruption or Earth Splitter (I have imaginary weapon skin so they can look like Flaming Fist MA attack) Once I get Red Banner Event Device I 'MAY' be willing to change Dragon Fury.

With the above I am willing to change my builds as long as I can keep my concept attacks. SO I can go Thunder kick with ADV to apply Demolish instead of 100 hands moving away from Thermal Energy Unlock.

edited February 2020
    I'm not sure what you mean when you say you want it to go 'Survival MA DPSer', as that could mean anything from a normal dps build that uses Con SS and/or Ward_Guardicator for the specs (which you already have for the builds), to a Hybrid-dps that uses a defensive passive. I assume you mean that you want the latter option, though keep in mind that while you'll be quite durable, your dps will also take a pretty large hit. I guess the lower dps part won't matter as much if you aren't doing stuff like Cosmics, though.

Anyways, I'll mainly just give you Invuln and Absorb Heat for the 1st build, so you can keep all the current attacks, and you'll be able to soak much more dmg from trash:

KNIGHT OF THE DRACONIC COURT - Freeform (Hybrid)

Super Stats

Talents
    Level 6: Accurate (Dex: 5, End: 5)
    Level 9: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 12: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)
    Level 18: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 21: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Fire Breath (Rank 2, Spitfire)
    Level 6: Thermal Reverberation
    Level 11: Invulnerability (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 14: One Hundred Hands (Demolishing Strikes, Flaming Fists)
    Level 17: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Dragon Uppercut (Rank 2, Dragon Rush)
    Level 23: Thunderbolt Lunge
    Level 29: Absorb Heat (Rank 2, Rank 3)

Travel Powers
    Level 6: Acrobatics (Rank 2)
    Level 35: Flight (Rank 2, Rank 3)

Specializations
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (2/3)
    Warden: Upper Hand (2/3)

For the 2nd build, I'll make it more of a committed Unarmed build and give you Dragon Kick for Rush's energy, an AoE stun, and solid pbAoE dmg. I'll also change 100Hands for TKicks for the faster Demolish apply, give you STR PSS (though Dex PSS still works fine), and take Invuln + Hybrid role again:

MARK DRAGON - Freeform (Hybrid)

Super Stats
    Level 6: Strength (Primary)
    Level 10: Dexterity (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Master (Str: 8, Dex: 10, Con: 10, Rec: 10)
    Level 6: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 9: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)
    Level 12: Accurate (Dex: 5, End: 5)
    Level 18: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 21: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Thundering Kicks (Floating Lotus Blossom, Demolishing Strikes)
    Level 6: Steadfast
    Level 8: Invulnerability (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Form of the Master
    Level 14: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 17: Dragon Kick (Rank 2, Dragon Rush)
    Level 20: Burning Chi Fist (Rank 2, Shattering Strike, Ghostly Strikes)
    Level 23: Smoke Bomb Lunge
    Level 29: Fire Shield (Rank 2)
    Level 32: Lock N Load (Rank 2)

Travel Powers
    Level 6: Blazing Speed (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Phoenix Flight (Rank 2, Rank 3)

Specializations
    Strength: Swole (2/3)
    Strength: Physical Peak (3/3)
    Strength: Brutality (2/2)
    Strength: Juggernaut (1/3)
    Strength: Overpower (2/3)
    Warden: Elusive (2/2)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (2/3)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (3/3)
    Mastery: Strength Mastery (1/1)

The AO and/or self-res can be exchanged other things in either of these builds, if desired.

(edited to fix the 1st build)
    Post edited by flowcyto on
    Another approach is to have 2 Passives. You could have Way of the Warrior/Night Warrior for being DPS and Invulnerability for when you need to be tough. Drop the AO and scrounge up enough points to get R3 and you're good to go.
    JwLmWoa.png
    edited February 2020
    Oops, I accidentally pasted an older version for the 1st build that had the wrong passive in it. Fixed that now.
    Another approach is to have 2 Passives. You could have Way of the Warrior/Night Warrior for being DPS and Invulnerability for when you need to be tough. Drop the AO and scrounge up enough points to get R3 and you're good to go.
    Yea, and if you wanted to get some advs points for a dual passive build, you could take them from the AO, the lesser-used travel power, one of the heals, and/or the ult.
  • stratluverstratluver Posts: 311 Arc User
    For your second build. If you're just going for a feel of Ironfist you could just use auras to do that and use a traditional MA build.

Fire hands could work but it's both hands. Blot hands for both or Blot right hand. The blot auras will be a little tricky depending on the playerbase doing the Destroid OM.