test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 2/6/2020

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
Red Banner Ruin Event
  • We are bringing back the Red Banner event that ran many years ago with a few additions! Talk with Drifter to pick up the missions.
  • Daily Mission: Defeat Red Banner around Millennium City and collect artifacts. Artifacts will now go into your mission bag and can be picked up by walking over the item. Awards Questionite.
  • Daily Mission: Complete the Fury of the Dragon Alert. Awards Questionite.
  • New Mission: Complete the Streets Run Red mission 5 times. Awards the Painted mask costume.
  • New Mission: Complete the Fury of the Dragon mission 5 times. Awards the Celestial Dragon Breath device.
  • The Enforcer Red Banner enemy will now use Claw themed attacks (instead of Bestial themed ones).
  • Added preview images for Red Banner costume unlocks.

Fury of the Dragon Alert
  • Fixed an issue where Hi-Pan's chat bubbles did not always appear during the cutscenes.
  • Added an additional requirement to defeat the Red Banner to progress to Hi-Pan.
  • Fixed an issue where enemies would get stuck at times when knocked off. Knocking off enemies will now defeat them.
  • Fixed a bug where the resource reward was being given out as if the player was level 1.
  • Gave Hipan a new area effect attack that he uses at low health.
  • Updated the visuals of Hipan's attacks.
  • The Enforcer Red Banner enemy will now use Claw themed attacks (instead of Bestial themed ones).
  • The Sorcerer Red Banner foe has gained a couple new attacks at high level.
  • Added preview images for Red Banner costume unlocks.

Lockbox
  • For the next week the Collector's Lockbox will be dropping from foes!
  • Added the contents of the Scion Lockbox to the Collector's store.

ZEN Store
  • Costumes and Auras are on sale for the next week.

Drifter
  • Drifter's event currency store has been removed and replaced with event specific stores that will be available while the event is running.
​​

Comments

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    Hi Pan actually give more than chump change now :)
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    I remembered liking this admittedly simple event when it first came out and was thinking just a few weeks ago that I'd rather have had this for Chinese New Years rather than the Nightmare event.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    In the future please Consider bringing back the Mission which was given when Lemurian Invansion was released
    WAY Before Rampages was a thing​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • ajgurewitzajgurewitz Posts: 11 Arc User
    How about revamping HiPan so that he does not come across as such a racist Chinese stereotype. He sounds like those awful Jerry Lewis impressions.
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    ajgurewitz wrote: »
    How about revamping HiPan so that he does not come across as such a racist Chinese stereotype. He sounds like those awful Jerry Lewis impressions.

Yeah, I do realize he's modeled after Lo Pan from Big Trouble in Little China, but maybe getting an actual Chinese American voice actor to redo all those lines wouldn't be a bad idea.
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 768 Arc User
    That's the whole point, and why he's funny. We need more stuff like him. That's why you call the alert the yellow mcdonald's.
    [NbK]XStorm
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
    nbkxs wrote: »
    That's the whole point, and why he's funny. We need more stuff like him. That's why you call the alert the yellow mcdonald's.
    I have to agree. I'm asian and I don't really care. He is more or less a reference from an old movie. People are quite too sensitive sometime.
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    edited February 2020

Lockbox

[/list]

I'll be honest, I had completely forgotten this Lockbox existed. Partly because no Ultimate, and partly because it looks like something that didn't make the cut for the Zen Store's Tights Packs.

Please never listen again to the "we need more Tights" crowd o3o They know nothing about the real world outside their basement​​
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 768 Arc User
    Concurred. Too many CEDDs lately.
    [NbK]XStorm
  • mordray001mordray001 Posts: 218 Arc User
    Too many CEDDs lately.
    Huh? Don't know that slang and neither does google...
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    mordray001 wrote: »
    Too many CEDDs lately.
    Huh? Don't know that slang and neither does google...

It's the Centro Español de Documentacion sobre Discapacidad. nbkxs wants less handicapped spanish heroes.​​
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    373fpu.jpg
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
    edited February 2020
    Loving the Animation Update on Hi Pan, he is now casting Lighting Arc out of his Staff and is using the Electric Ultimate
    Feels more natural and thematic
    The Enforcer Red Banner enemy will now use Claw themed attacks (instead of Bestial themed ones).
    First Nether Demon and DOGz using NPC exlusive Fighting Claws Lunge and now Red Banners! and including the 25feet lunge device from Blood Moon...
    STOP TEASING US WITH FIGHTING CLAWS REVAMP :grimace:​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    lezard21 wrote: »

Lockbox

[/list]

I'll be honest, I had completely forgotten this Lockbox existed. Partly because no Ultimate, and partly because it looks like something that didn't make the cut for the Zen Store's Tights Packs.

Please never listen again to the "we need more Tights" crowd o3o They know nothing about the real world outside their basement​​

3ohmom.jpg 3ohn4v.jpg
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • rileymarks1rileymarks1 Posts: 48 Arc User
    You know honestly I always thought Hi Pan sounded like Fozzy Bear.....
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    avianos wrote: »
    Loving the Animation Update on Hi Pan, he is now casting Lighting Arc out of his Staff and is using the Electric Ultimate

So staff powers for players when?
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    > @lezard21 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I'll be honest, I had completely forgotten this Lockbox existed. Partly because no Ultimate, and partly because it looks like something that didn't make the cut for the Zen Store's Tights Packs.
    >
    > Please never listen again to the "we need more Tights" crowd o3o They know nothing about the real world outside their basement​​
    ———————————————————
    Good thing CO is a game and isn’t the real world, disaster avoided!
    spinnytop wrote: »
    avianos wrote: »

So staff powers for players when?
    Maybe in 10 more years... Sigh pig-12.gif​​
    Why just staffs?....
    We have tons of other weaponskins.
    :#
    edited February 2020
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Why just staffs?....

Yeah but they would look weird with what Hi-Pan is doing.
    edited February 2020
    **** weird. This is Champions Online!
    **** weird. This is Champions Online!

ur face is Champions Online
  • mordray001mordray001 Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Why just staffs?....

I want a cane/staff for my Heavy Weaponry toon's civilian form... They might even be in game but I haven't found them yet.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Why just staffs?....
    Yeah but they would look weird with what Hi-Pan is doing.
    I dunno, loads of the magic abilities would work with a wand/staff as an emanation point. Of course setting a power to use that sort of emanation point might be hard though....
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters