test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Feedback Thread: Serene Abyss

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
Serial Story: Serene Abyss
  • If you have completed Death Rattle, you will automatically be given a mission to meet up with Ladyhawke.
  • Moved Ladyhawke's location to the Ravenswood Academy.
  • Added Dr. Ka contact in the Mods and Fusion area.
  • Known issue: The new mission rewards are placeholder.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

BBCode:
[color="#ff0000"]Bug
Where it happens
What happens[/color]

HTML:
<font color="#ff0000">Bug
Where it happens
What happens</font>

Please format any suggestions you have in the following format:
Suggestion
Your suggestion

BBCode:
[color="#4a86e8"]Suggestion
Your suggestion[/color]

HTML:
<font color="#4a86e8">Suggestion
Your suggestion</font>

​​

Comments

• criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    Bug?
    Debugger's Serene Store Tab
    The Talisman Vest and Collar are unlocking per character instead of account wide

Bug
    From the Shadows instance location:
    When you defeat Talisman, the moment she is about to fade she disappears too quickly for the recorded voice over to finish to play.
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
    criswolf09 wrote: »
    Bug?
    Debugger's Serene Store Tab
    The Talisman Vest and Collar are unlocking per character instead of account wide

Cannot reproduce this.​​
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Bug
    -Dr. Ka start out with 2 From the Shadows Quests
    75O9xkM.jpg

-If you finish the mission, but didn't accept the reward from Dr. Ka (I had a Glove device in the bank and I couldn't finish the quest), and you leave the instance, there is no way to get back to Dr. Ka, including the Lab. The VB version of Dr. Ka doesn't work.
    -When you finish the quest and you backtrack to the exit instead of using SOCRATE, you will see Dr. Ka still chain up and repeat the message as if you're just enter the instance.

Suggestion
    Seeing how you already have an announcement from the Red Banner event, you should have some way of Ladyhawke contact you to let you know about the next arc. Mailing or that Red Banner Event announcement would help.
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    Suggestion
    If you want more people to test the content for Serene Abyss I'd suggest adding at least a debugger option to just grant the mission to you on PTS. Realistically I'd just prefer if people could just run this serial without having done the previous one considering its missions all have to be done once/day. This also isn't a limitation that exists for other pieces of content with similar relations (i.e. you don't have to run 'Demonflame' to do 'Aftershock').

Bug
    Dr. Ka is offering me two copies of the same mission? After taking it, it's clear it's just the same mission being listed twice.

iZ0cxXN.png

Suggestion
    For the VO that plays when entering the apartment, there should be a message generated in the 'NPC' channel just for player to double-check what was said.

Bug
    Speech bubbles during the boss intro cutscene go by too fast compared to audio. This also occurs when Talisman is defeated, with some of her voice lines overlapping and her last line being cut off partway through when she teleports out.

Also is slightly an issue during the intro cutscene and Dr. Ka's ending monologue.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• If my character hasn't done part one of Death Rattle, can I do Serene Abyss? Because otherwise I'm going to have to find me a team.
  • mordray001mordray001 Posts: 218 Arc User
    You need to cycle through all of the missions, initially you are limited to one per day... then they accumulate and become a daily thing.
  • Does this mission have anything to do with the New Shadows changes? If so I am excited to play this
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    Does this mission have anything to do with the New Shadows changes? If so I am excited to play this
    They're featured pretty prominently here, they're the main mob you fight in the new mission.

How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    Colour me surprised, it was obvious that they got updated just because they are part of the next Death Ratling Issue vQTD03D.png​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • redcastle56redcastle56 Posts: 133 Arc User
    Noticed the same issues with the speech bubbles not syncing with the voice overs. And putting text in the NPC chat channel. Particularly since I don't always play with sound on it would have been easy to miss.

After giving the mission, some indication that you need to exit the building would have been nice. I was waiting to follow Dr Ka.

Can't resolve mission if already have the gauntlets. And since everyone should have done the first serial, everyone would have them.
    Last battle was surprisingly tough. Right after Talisman shielded for the first time, something took my health down very fast. Not sure if it was just the swarm of vampires, or if something else was happening. Can Talisman attack while in the bubble?

At the final Talisman speech, as others noticed she vanished before she is done, but there was a flicker of a ghost of her re-appearing for a second.
This discussion has been closed.