test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Feedback Thread: Red Banner Ruin

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
edited February 2020 in PTS - The Archive

FC.31.20200109.19

Mini Event: Red Banner Ruin
  • We are bringing back the Red Banner event that ran many years ago with a few additions!
  • Mission: Defeat Red Banner around Millennium City and collect artifacts. Artifacts will now go into your mission bag and can be picked up by walking over the item. Awards Questionite.
  • Mission: Complete the Fury of the Dragon Alert. Awards Questionite.
  • New Mission: Complete the Streets Run Red mission 5 times. Awards the Painted mask costume.
  • New Mission: Complete the Fury of the Dragon mission 5 times. Awards the Celestial Dragon Breath device.
  • Known issue: The Painted mask has some clipping issues on the female avatar.

FC.31.20200109.20
Red Banner Event
  • Corrected mission tooltips.
  • Updated FX on Celestial Dragon device.

FC.31.20200109.25
Red Banner/Fury of the Dragon
  • Fixed an issue where Hi-Pan's chat bubbles did not always appear during the cutscenes.
  • Added an additional requirement to defeat the Red Banner to progress to Hi-Pan.
  • Fixed an issue where enemies would get stuck at times when knocked off. Knocking off enemies will now defeat them.
  • Fixed a bug where the resource reward was being given out as if the player was level 1.
  • Gave Hipan a new area effect attack that he uses at low health.
  • Updated the visuals of Hipan's attacks.
  • The Enforcer Red Banner enemy will now use Claw themed attacks (instead of Bestial themed ones).
  • Added preview images for Red Banner costume unlocks.
  • Fixed a texture issue with the Painted Mask of female avatars.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

BBCode:
[color="#ff0000"]Bug
Where it happens
What happens[/color]

HTML:
<font color="#ff0000">Bug
Where it happens
What happens</font>

Please format any suggestions you have in the following format:
Suggestion
Your suggestion

BBCode:
[color="#4a86e8"]Suggestion
Your suggestion[/color]

HTML:
<font color="#4a86e8">Suggestion
Your suggestion</font>

​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    Suggestion
    Change the mission handler back to Master Ng'Mui

Bug
    Mission: Red Banner Device: Staff
    Lists the Summon Celestial Dragon device and the mission is displaying incorrectly as Red Banner Device: Staff in the mission tracker

Bug
    Mission: Red Banner Costume: Mask
    Lists the Lance costume reward from the Nightmare Invasion instead the Painted Mask costume
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    Query: I am guessing this is mean to coincide with Chinese New Year? If so, is this then a once a year event, or will it run multiple times in a year?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    New Mission: Complete the Streets Run Red mission 5 times. Awards the Painted mask costume

BUG: RED BANNER COSTUME: Mask is currently granding the Nightmare Invansion [Lance] costume instead of the painted mask
    ​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • i would imagine once a year, since this seems similar to the neverwinter chinese new year event, which also only runs once a year​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    edited January 2020
    Hey I remember reading about that Event, I missed it when I came out ages ago because I was in Hospital
    Celestial Dragon Breath device is... interesting to say the least

The 180 Degree Cone range can be good and harmful if you are not careful since it can hit unnecessary mobs
    qXgtVNn.gif
    BnMUMm7.png
    [To the other players: DO NOT QUOTE The posts with images, AVOID Flooding the thread! We don't need the same image repeating multiple times]​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    The quest that you're meant to do every day is killing 10 group of Artifact Hunters all around MC, and they have a chance to drop tokens. The other is Hi Pan Custom Quest daily. It seem to be working fine, although a bit more Artifact hunters in MC might be nice. Considering that the 10 different token drops for the quest is RNG and you will get duplicates, its ganna be a blood bath competing to get those tokens against other players.
    quest.JPG

Suggestion
    -Add more Artifact NPC or make the RNG drop less messy.
    ​​
    Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on
  • zombiehunter1968zombiehunter1968 Posts: 94 Arc User
    Anyone care to show us what the Painted Mask looks like?
  • redcastle56redcastle56 Posts: 133 Arc User
    Agree about making sure there are enough artifact hunters. I had to kill way more then 10 to get all the drops

Dragon staff
    Indicate in the description that it is a maintain . I thought it was a summon. I assume even though your "transform" into the dragon, you are still yourself in terms of hitbox, damage resistance, etc.

Make Artifacts Tradeable
    Would allow a little more player interaction, but not be too abusive since you still have to kill 10 groups for the mission

Why is ladyhawke in the middle of Ravenswood Campus? Seems random.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    With 8 different types of tokens, expected number of drops needed (after duplicates) is 22.
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 632 Arc User
    The Celestial Dragon Breath device looks really cool!
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    He makes the same head movements I make when I’ve had too much to drink
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    The 180 Degree Cone range can be good and harmful if you are not careful since it can hit unnecessary mobs
    It's a friggin' fire breathing dragon, what you expect...
    He makes the same head movements I make when I’ve had too much to drink
    giphy.gif

:#
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    It's a friggin' fire breathing dragon, what you expect...
    To be actually GOOD! vQTD03D.png​​
This discussion has been closed.