test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How to fix CO

Things I need to see in CO 2020, some of these I stole:
-Increase all travel speed and fluidity of use
-Smarter NPC combat
-Remove the selfroot on some powers except ones like focus shot where stillness is necessary
-Take away bind to single character, focus on account bind
-Stop single toon emotes
-Gut slider
-Update user interface
-Fix tailor lag
-Update pyarimd power
-Fix pvp
-Add more power sets and passives
-Add new OVs
-Update old boring missions and queues
- Add daily missions forcing players around the city. Like pizza delivery, newspaper jobs etc...
-Update NPC look in MC
-Update Bosses look
-Better dungeon raids (in MC as well)
-Add rain to MC
-More animal patterns
-Update old free costumes in tailor
(Add more textures and patterns)
-Build a better relationship with Defender and the Champions. MAKE DEFENDER GET OF HIS BUTT IN RENCEN
-Add CO merchandise with in game rewards
nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix

Comments

• bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    also make knocks not stop us from doing anything for a solid 3+ seconds. Add some kind of recovery mechanic from knocks.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    Holding block to reduce fall damage after being knocked 100ft back could work through the get up animation. Haven't tried that don't know if it's possible. All this could add to the fluidity of fighting.
  • mordray001mordray001 Posts: 218 Arc User
    Hells, make knocks not throw undefeated NPC's all over the bloody place when I'm AOEing them...*

*Note... I don't use knock backs... so I could be starting to hate the might/force players that start every fight by pointlessly scattering everything all over the bloody zone.
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    Much as I agree with a lot of this stuff, I think the best thing you could do to improve the game is to simply focus on making existing content more fun. For leveling, you could redesign the alerts system to throw in more random stuff and have some actual design elements to it and unique bosses. For events, just a few QoL fixes could really help with a lot of the farming, and we all know the farming itself doesn't tend to be the most entertaining thing in the world. More regular power updates and some QoL on endgame content and I think we'd all be in better shape.

I know "fun" doesn't typically rake in the cash for this game, but if you want to "fix" CO, that's how you'd do it.
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,069 Arc User
    Update the Rewards.

ALL content should have a chance to drop some minor to major useful item + always some few tokens so that eventually I can purchase my choice of item.

Restructure how to achieve or buy many of the onerous rewards, such as all of the OV gear.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    -Separate sliders to arms and legs!!!
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • cushla54cushla54 Posts: 9 Arc User
    YEs I want RAIN! and dungens and bigger maps and more RP.
    Dfeh7JS.png
    Am i in the right game?...

What NPCs look like vs what they should. With good argument as well.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Dfeh7JS.png

You're kidding, right?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    edited August 2021
    Nope. It's funny but I'm very serious. I don't have a problem with the male costume as much but female seems to fit odd. y3quzFH.jpg
    CO doesn't understand female dynamics. Skirts are worn above the waist. The NPC looks like it's falling off. They could fix this by closing the jacket.
    KAh3QPM.jpg
    -Add a little emblem.
    -Make the School accessable.
    edited August 2021
    The legs are like Popeye's girl, a spitting image of Olive Oyl in entirety. Only here calves are bigger than mine.
    dHBF3Is.jpg
    The CO default is uncanny.
    Nope. It's funny but I'm very serious. I don't have a problem with the male costume as much but female seems to fit odd. y3quzFH.jpg
    CO doesn't understand female dynamics. Skirts are worn above the waist. The NPC looks like it's falling off. They could fix this by closing the jacket.
    KAh3QPM.jpg
    -Add a little emblem.
    -Make the School accessable.

The exisitng female costumes for the Ravenwood students seem to match pretty well with what you posted in your pictures, I wouldn't waste time giving them emblems and kneesocks. There are much bigger things they could spend time on.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    edited August 2021
    I think visual aspect is one of the biggest things to waste time on. Most of CO is unattractive visually. Like them default ATs.
    edited August 2021
    Even when looking at the NPC you can tell that very little time was out into creating it. The hair and shoes bing the same red ish brown. And the tie and eyes being the same green. There's also a purple hair student where the shoes, bag and hair. Has the same color squares.
    edited August 2021
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/champions-online/news/detail/9416183-champions-online:-welcome-to-the-new-ravenswood-academy-experience

Big lie there is nothing there!!!

I feel like spit balling a little mission ideas... Feel free to tell me shut up but I may not.

I really do hope they make they building of Ravenswood Accessable some day.

Our quest line begins with tales of a mysterious huanting. And the recents of missing students. We are to dress up in uniforms if we may and get with the gossip.

Lenghty detective work leads too the discovery leading back to the library.

As it will turn out that the soul of an ancient evil being trapped in the lost spell book in library. Unlocking the secrets to a lost underground hidden temples.

Let the ancient evil escape the pages into real life for a final show down. Now we may have something like an OM or ASCII queue in the Academy compound.

An added bonus will be school open for role play hang out. I don't but that's cool. It would be so cool to go inside a classroom. Walk the halls. Fight the school bully.
    Post edited by metalheart#4270 on
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    Dfeh7JS.png

Absolutely not.

They are school children.

Why would they be wearing such short skirts??
    edited August 2021
    I should of stated not necessarily copy my design to exact. Too late.. the damage is done. I was thinking of like a college to higher school. Didn't think children existed in this game.
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/Brw9GPp.jpg[/img]
    Design reference
  • spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    I keep saying this I now sound like a broken record... but I really do think that the best way to help CO, is going back to basics: double down on SUPERHERO content, costumes… everything (instead of the freaky creature stuff we keep getting, wonder why), update old costumes (new patterns and variations), new pieces with more versatile, basic shapes and designs that go with everything… plus capes, masks… and so on. Really refocus on the game’s genre and strengths, and back up a little on where’s it’s strayed… and it’s strayed quite a bit, let’s be honest. :(

Just off the top of my head, we’ve (recently or semi-recently) had: WW 1984, WandaVision, Falcon and the Winter Soldier (4th of July, missed opportunity!), Loki, Black Widow, The New Mutants, What IfThe Boys, Invincible, Jupiter’s Legacy, Zack Snyder’s Justice League, Birds of Prey and The Suicide Squad… even the new Masters of the Universe / She-Ra stuff… all of which could have inspired/themed new content, costumes, travel powers, ultimates… whatever - instead of the usual like platypus head, alpaca tail and vacuum cleaners.
    spordelia wrote: »
    I keep saying this I now sound like a broken record... but I really do think that the best way to help CO, is going back to basics: double down on SUPERHERO content, costumes… everything (instead of the freaky creature stuff we keep getting, wonder why), update old costumes (new patterns and variations), new pieces with more versatile, basic shapes and designs that go with everything… plus capes, masks… and so on. Really refocus on the game’s genre and strengths, and back up a little on where’s it’s strayed… and it’s strayed quite a bit, let’s be honest. :(

Just off the top of my head, we’ve (recently or semi-recently) had: WW 1984, WandaVision, Falcon and the Winter Soldier (4th of July, missed opportunity!), Loki, Black Widow, The New Mutants, What IfThe Boys, Invincible, Jupiter’s Legacy, Zack Snyder’s Justice League, Birds of Prey and The Suicide Squad… even the new Masters of the Universe / She-Ra stuff… all of which could have inspired/themed new content, costumes, travel powers, ultimates… whatever - instead of the usual like platypus head, alpaca tail and vacuum cleaners.

QFT!

giphy.gif
    edited August 2021
    I should of stated not necessarily copy my design to exact. Too late.. the damage is done. I was thinking of like a college to higher school. Didn't think children existed in this game.

Design reference

That's already what they are dressed like? Is there some specific fantasy/look you are getting at?

Obviously its more lore accurate (as it should be), but there's not that much difference.
  • zwipezantherzwipezanther Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    Just addressing gameplay and build related bugs, damage floater sync issues, and fixing/improving input response would breath new life into this game. A good old-fashioned polish will work wonders.
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    As much I like animal and Furry stuff, I also agree we need more variety in Hero and Armor stuff. Especially layers like Leg or Arm Accessories, more so head pieces that fit all heads, more I like to have for the Animal parts. In general, tho, more tights with unique details or slim but also bulky armor to satisfy both groups for such. More helmets and face masks in general, also not just tights but skin options, we still lack a counterpart for the leg fur for example.

I also welcome more causal stuff like the Secret Identity one brought us. Maybe give us a School Lockbox for this here? Ravenswood one is, questionable honestly, I admit when it came out. I get the Raven symbolism, but nothing fells like an Academy or School with it.
  • baelogventurebaelogventure Posts: 520 Arc User
    You wanna fix this game? Give everyone back access to all of their Gold characters instead of charging through the nose.
    edited August 2021
    Good point... I rather not talk of monthly subs. It's a decision I will never understand. To this day I'm lost with the topic. All I can do on this topic is stare into the void where nothing makes sense
    edited August 2021
    Though I like new costume parts I'm tired or lockboxes with no new powers.

I myself is one to nitpick every single detail. Ravenswood is a superhero school but you don't really get that form the NPCs on compound. Too add the scaling reduction on a few NPCs make them look more shrunken adults. We should see a few students with inhuman traits. Running around with powers and such. Maybe we might met a speedster who is always late for class at the gate.

Now Ravenswood could be a big piece of content. We have the School for mutant's in marvel. I always thought X-Men was kind of a semi boarding school for all ages. It makes no sense to add a landmark to the game that cannot be used by players. So many origins begin at highschool in all forms of media.

I say open the doors. I want to see the vast underground training facilities. Or rooms that could port players to the PH. It a chance to add in some of that sweet lore. Add some missions for on compound and some for around MC. It's a way of utilizing assets to expand rather than a new lockbox. And CO can utilize a lot more buildings and locations. We don't even need a new map when it right their being static and boring.
    Good point... I rather not talk of monthly subs. It's a decision I will never understand. To this day I'm lost with the topic. All I can do on this topic is stare into the void where nothing makes sense

It's really very simple. PWE/CO is a business, not a chairty. They run this game to make money for thier investors/owners. They think they make more money by not having a montly subscription any longer. Since they haven't brought back subscription by now, presumably their new business model is working for them and they are at least making a bit more money this way.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • zwipezantherzwipezanther Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    > @jaazaniah1 said:
    > It's really very simple. PWE/CO is a business, not a chairty. They run this game to make money for thier investors/owners. They think they make more money by not having a montly subscription any longer. Since they haven't brought back subscription by now, presumably their new business model is working for them and they are at least making a bit more money this way.

Not trying to stray too far from OP's topic, but have to agree. Im pretty sure most gaming companies outsourced their previous subscription services to 3rd party billing platforms. And I'm pretty sure those 3rd parties jacked up their service fees to maintain subs for whatever length contract they've tried to negotiate, which would mean that cost would be passed on to us.

Wouldn't be surprised if we had to pay 30-40 bucks a month if we still had a sub option today, just to pay off the middle man.
    edited July 2022
    I also thought Ravenwood was like a superpowered school for all ages. But the NPCs don't seem to denote some type of magical or superpoweredness. You can argue that they might appear normal for secrecy but they really need to make the school buildings and accessable. Probably put one more alien, beastmen, tech head, robot kids NPCs out side. Kids using there powers on campus when they shouldn't. Could be a quest to stop them.

New content idea:

We can now access the buildings, classrooms, library etc...

1) Secrets if Ravenwood
    Head Mistress allows hero's to come help out for the NPC graduates. But the trouble resting beneath the secret regions proven much worst.

Need good planing to make a proper mystery mission with little action in between. Might have to travel to Canada and back for a mission. Etc...

2)Star Student a Villian is Born
    The schools top OP student has gone off the edge. If he continues he might become one of the worst villians we know.

Before that we deal with the bullies. Talk to them whatever. Go to this students home. He hasn't been to school for some time. Quest quest quests around MC. Wop to late that kid just bopped his classmates and is now on a rampage! OMG how is this kid so powerful!
    edited July 2022
    Content Idea:

Put some type of NPCs in the Renaissance Blimp.

Suggestion Bird People story act.

The Bird People has come under attack by Blimp Pirates of the Nether Galaxy. It's a heroes job to assist as they seek refuge. More on this later.

Open Grind Store: Bird Costume pieces and other new ones.
    edited July 2022
    Story Content idea:

Part 1 Legion Invasion verses The Shadow Vine

Start. Talk to defender. He portals you to the moon.

You see the black Legion ships firing off blue lights parked on the moon. Some big some small. The Legion army has set up a base on the outside. Some static ships in orbit for design. There are black but very futuristic.

You walk to a female gaurd. She tells you not to worry about how you breathe. Lord Roman Rave has established a force field around our base.

We need to test if you are strong enough to face the Shadow Vine first. Build up missions.

When you pass. She send you to see Lord Roman of the Legion Empire. The 10ft tall black grey Lord sits on his thrown. The room is dim lit bupy a few blue lights and only his blue eyes in a black outline is seen. As you come closer he is more visible.. He tells you, "We are not from from this universe. We have tracked the Shadow Vine in to your world. We though they were expolled but they seem to have been trapped. And leaked into your dimension."

He portal but of you to Monster Islands next to smaller Legion ship. We need more materials. There was a miscalculation in our codes and some parts of our ship teleported into mountains. We can fix this. You see a smaller Legion base.

We being the fight against the Shadow Vine. They are black and burgundy ball pus of disease. They have consumed poor souls into the mass of misery. When you destroy them they come back even more hideous as they stick back together.

You will need these legion device to fight them. It is a blue light blessed by the holy mistresses. With it in you they will not be able to consume you hero.

Fight Hurexateaz Lord of The Shadow Vine

Roman Rave says: When I'm done with my universe I may come back for this planet. I will covert your world to legion. You will know true immortality, freedom and peace. (Legion time frame after he took over his versiom of Earth. Idea of Rave and Legion, Lord Roman believes in ultimate freedom for which he has destroyed the heavens, hells, demons and angels of his world. All souls share in his undead ghost immortality in which he uses their power as his. Enemies who do not submit to legion end up in a pod where they cryo sleep to feed the massive energy user, Lord Roman and the Immortal army.)

Open Legion Store: We have Black and Blue items to aid you in your fight

Part 2 Event Idea:
    Immortal Invasion
    Roman is Legion, All of Earth vs Lord Roman
    (Powerful Telekenetic and Technomancy Ghost)
    #Roman for World Boss