test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Arachnae - Volume 1: The New Girl on the Block

somerandomkid500somerandomkid500 Posts: 79 Arc User
edited January 2020 in Fan Base Alpha
So back in 2015, I made a comic series for my Spider-Gwen/Silk-inspired character named, Arachnae. She first appeared in a separate title called 'Spider-Wars' which was basically followed the same premise as the Spiderverse event from Marvel Comics where alternate versions of Spider-Man are being slaughtered by a race of beings known as the Inheritors where they feed on "spider totems" in order to get stronger. Just in this scenario replace Spider-Man with another character named, Killer-Spider (played by a friend of mine named @novarockz).

I believe it from the mostly positive reception of @novarockz' Killer-Spider comic series and the Spider-Wars event that it kicked off what eventually became the Infinity Universe and Infinity Comics. We had an in-game SG for awhile, the various comic series that were launched, and even a website. Now, a lot of this is very inactive as of current day with a lot of us that were once involved with Infinity Comics having gone our separate ways and no longer even playing CO as frequently as we did in the past.

While I can't exactly speak for what happened to other comics that were made, I can only assume that, like mine, their comic links are likely dead and can't be recovered without tracking down some of the original creators. That is until recently I rediscovered my old comics from off of the old computer I originally made them on. After transferring the files to my current computer and re-uploading them on Google Drive, they are now able to be viewed once again!

These were really fun to make from what I can remember and I had a blast taking screenshots in-game and using them to tell a connected story and feel like an actual comic book writer. Now given that I lacked an editor and the comics' formatting seems to appear differently depending the computer or device from which it's viewed on, it can appear very...sloppy? But nonetheless still readable at the end of the day.

I hope you all are to enjoy!

P.S. - Also just to add a bit of some context. Because these books were made to be released alongside of another person's comic, there are or can be some heavy-handed references that can go right over one's head. And without the other comics, it can be hard to make sense of what is being teased or alluded to.

Another I should make note of is that at some point in time the book was supposed to get "relaunched" with a new Issue 1 following some grand cosmic event that I don't think ever got finished or started, I could be wrong, but my memories of 2015 are a bit chalky when Infinity Comics started to have more and more and more titles releasing the same week. So I'll also be including the relaunched: Relentless Arachnae #1 as a bonus since it was the last issue I ever worked with Infinity Comics before @novarockz departed from playing Champions and the rest of our team kind of fell off.

Arachnae (2015)
Arachnae #1
Arachnae #2

Arachnae #3: All is Unfair in Crime and War (Story Arc)
Arachnae #4
Arachnae #5
Arachnae #6
Arachnae #7

Arachnae #8: Psimon Says (Story Arc - Incomplete)
Arachnae #9
Arachnae #10

Relentless Arachnae (2016) - Incomplete
Relentless Arachnae #1: Bleeding Red
Main OC: Glitch - Conduit of The Network

“I put a 'Glitch' in your system!”

Comments

• Options
    mordray001mordray001 Posts: 218 Arc User
    Pretty cool.

I'm not a fan of the style/tone of the story, but I'm not one to pretend that I alone decide what is good or not.

One thing that really caught my attention is that I don't recognize that body pattern Arachnae has in the first comics. Relentless looks to be Alien Hybrid, however the first style I don't know and find myself wanting...
  • Options
    mordray001 wrote: »
    Pretty cool.

I'm not a fan of the style/tone of the story, but I'm not one to pretend that I alone decide what is good or not.

One thing that really caught my attention is that I don't recognize that body pattern Arachnae has in the first comics. Relentless looks to be Alien Hybrid, however the first style I don't know and find myself wanting...

Yeah, when it came to style and tone it was, I admit, pretty cobbled together from what I remember. Back when I was still making these I would usually do two books back-to-back and I was mostly winging everything as I went along.

As for Arachnae's costume she went through at least three costume changes, however only one was used for a majority of the series. The red, blue, and black one was from the 'Elemental Tights' costume set in the Z-Store. For the shirt, I utilized either the Earth or Ice-themed patterns to give the illusion of a spider-web design that ran along her suit. The same can be said for the pants as they also came from the same costume set. The pants were, if I'm remembering correctly, the electric-themed pattern. They gave the appearance of thigh-high boots when paired with either 'Long Boots' or 'Short Boots' under the foot style tab in the tailor.

• Options
    mordray001mordray001 Posts: 218 Arc User
    Thanks, odd then as I have those... now I'm going to go off and play in the character creator... Night Spider might finally be getting some updated tights... she currently uses the Electric Web pattern, which is cool... except for the legs that hardly have any pattern at all... and strangely don't finish the pattern of the top.
  • Options
    mordray001 wrote: »
    Thanks, odd then as I have those... now I'm going to go off and play in the character creator... Night Spider might finally be getting some updated tights... she currently uses the Electric Web pattern, which is cool... except for the legs that hardly have any pattern at all... and strangely don't finish the pattern of the top.

Oooh yeah, I remember trying to make use of the Electric Web pattern. It honestly looks cool but without a decent pair of pants to go along with it, the look always came out...incomplete? I don't know, maybe I'll get to those tights to work with a character eventually.