test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Release Notes 1/21/2020

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
edited January 2020 in Release Notes
Nightmare Event
  • Fixed an issue where the Drifter cost of the new items wasn't always reducing if you progressed through the Costume: Lance or Sidekick: Chaos Imp missions. This may reset any progress you had on the Worm's Turn, Gateway to Nightmare or Shadow of the Colossus missions. We apologize for the inconvenience.
  • Added Predator Archetype to the event store. This will be available on the 23rd.

Costumes
  • Fixed an issue with the female Qliphothic helmet costume.
​​

Comments

• Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    And if there is a wipe...how is that going to be resolved?
  • Options
    Missions that reset are automatically re-granted.

To be very clear, this is just for the dailies, not the ongoing Costume/Sidekick missions. Progress on those have not been reset.​​
  • Options
    spinnefuchsspinnefuchs Posts: 10 Arc User
    why not just autocomplete every mission instead. I switched before mission hand in on most of my characters so I could get in on the next zone. Suck the life out of this game more please.
  • Options
    dkp#7127 dkp Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Mine are not resetting, I'm receiving the following message:
    Your mission "The Worms Turn (Daily)" is out-of-date and will be automatically restarted. We apologize for the inconvenience. I grabbed the missions at 7am Eastern time but are now all on 13+hours reset.

Dropped mission "The Worms Turn (Daily)".

Unable to add mission "The Worms Turn (Daily)".

Your mission "Gateway to Nightmare (Daily)" is out-of-date and will be automatically restarted. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Dropped mission "Gateway to Nightmare (Daily)".

Unable to add mission "Gateway to Nightmare (Daily)".

• Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Missions that reset are automatically re-granted.

Excuse me, but the game never Re-granted me the daily missions after the reset
    It completly dropped them and I just lost progress with 8 characters and I have to wait tomorrow again :angry:
    even more annoying because the 1 character had both The Worms Turn and Gateway to Nightmare completed before maintance but didn't give in

7kdtcmJ.png​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    Hmmmm.

We'll look into extending the event 1 day to make up for any lost time on the dailies.​​
  • Options
    I'm unable to log in CO now. it sais "Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out".
  • Options
    kjodellkjodell Posts: 83 Arc User
    I'm unable to log in CO now. it sais "Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out".

ditto
  • Options
    ravynfallenstarravynfallenstar Posts: 43 Arc User
    also ditto

• Options
    zachsmindzachsmind Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    UPDATE: Silly me. This was after coming home and turning the computer on from a cold boot so I didn't assume that the answer was to warm boot immediately after the cold boot. I guess the recent update didn't take on my cold boot the first time and I had to warm boot after a cold boot to get rid of the error. I can get in now. Tragedy averted.

also also ditto. nobody knows a fix yet? Server shows green. I didn't have a lot of time today I was hoping to get in and out but clock is ticking I may not be able to move things around and do this later today.
    Post edited by zachsmind on
  • Options
    All Cryptic games are currently experiencing issues with players being able to login, it's being looked into.​​
  • Options
    warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    Access seems to be restored. Just got back into Champs.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • Options
    Before the server shut down I had almost completed the dailies worm turns and gateway to nightmare with my main character. After the reset they had been removed from my log and I was unable to recollect them as a result this has lost me 40 elysium for the day, not happy
  • Options
    That’s CO for you...rehash an event system, clear all your tokens, wait until you are almost finished...do it again.

And people keep asking for Dark Champions, clearly they aren’t paying attention.
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Hmmmm.

We'll look into extending the event 1 day to make up for any lost time on the dailies.
    Thank you but im still disappointed with the lost progress of today
    Now I need to wait for next Wednesday for the IMP sidekick instead of next Monday as I was planning pig-44.gif

EDIT: On the characters I didn't logged in yesterday night for this forced mission drop, the game won't even give me the daily again today! Meaning I lost 2 days progress!
    On the completed mission list the dailies are not in Cooldown, but the game wont give them to me​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    373fpu.jpg
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    championsrperchampionsrper Posts: 66 Arc User
    Whatever it is that keeps draining all my energy while I'm trying to tank the Nightmare Colossus, I dunno if its one of his attacks or some random mob, (I've heard the Malfean Inquisitors can but I don't think I'm ever near any) but can we please remove that as a mechanic in the game in general? Its game breaking. You can't do anything without energy. We fine tune our builds to function at these end-game tiers, and then you throw uncounterable crap like this at us that renders our entire build useless. Don't attack our energy dude, its not cool.
  • Options
    Energy attacks have always been in the game
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Whatever it is that keeps draining all my energy while I'm trying to tank the Nightmare Colossus, I dunno if its one of his attacks or some random mob, (I've heard the Malfean Inquisitors can but I don't think I'm ever near any) but can we please remove that as a mechanic in the game in general? Its game breaking. You can't do anything without energy. We fine tune our builds to function at these end-game tiers, and then you throw uncounterable crap like this at us that renders our entire build useless. Don't attack our energy dude, its not cool.

Energy drain isn't something that was thrown into the game recently. When you were fighting Argent NPCs all these years you were fighting NPCs with energy drain. Also there's always a way to counter it, generally something as simple as blocking.

For the nightmare colossus the energy drain seems difficult to block, but it isn't really a big deal. You're not gonna die or lose aggro cause of it.
  • Options
    spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 632 Arc User
    Nightmare Event
    • Fixed an issue where the Drifter cost of the new items wasn't always reducing if you progressed through the Costume: Lance or Sidekick: Chaos Imp missions. This may reset any progress you had on the Worm's Turn, Gateway to Nightmare or Shadow of the Colossus missions. We apologize for the inconvenience.
    ​​

There is still an issue with Drifter cost discount for the Sidekick: Chaos Imp missions. I've done 7 out of 10 missions and the cost is 200 Drifter Exchange. I believe it should be a 70% discount from 400 Drifter Exchange.