test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Feedback Thread: Nightmare Invasion

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
edited January 2020 in PTS - The Archive

FC.31.20200109.2

Nightmare Invasion Event
  • New Mission: Complete Gateway to Nightmare daily 5 times. Grants the Lance costume.
  • New Mission: Complete The Worms Turn daily 5 times. Grants the Bone Mantis costume. (Available week 2).
  • New Mission: Complete the Colossus Mission 10 times. Grants a Chaos Imp loyal sidekick.
  • Added options for the Lance, Bone Mantis and Chaos Imp items to the Drifter Currency Exchange store. The cost of these items will adjust depending on how much you have progressed in their respective missions. Example: If you have done 1/10 on the mission, the item will lower its base cost by 10%.
  • Nightmare Colossus will now only spawn at 1 location at a time in a instance (instead of 3 always being up). Once completed, the open mission will reset after 30 minutes.
  • Added beams of light to indicate active open mission location.
  • Increased the amount of currency you get from missions.
  • Increased the amount of currency you get from completing the Colossus open mission to 15, but the amount received is greatly reduced after completing it 3 times.
  • Retired many items from the event store.
  • Added a variety of items to the Misc event store.
  • Added Cyber Claws costume to the event store.
  • Added Eclipse Crown costume to the event store. (Available week 2).
  • Eclipse Crown now has an attachment option and additional materials.
  • Retired all costumes from event mob drops.
  • Retired many action figures from event mob drops.
  • Added account unlock versions of costume transforms and emotes to the event store. These are sold at a high price.
  • Vehicles in the event store are all now bind on pickup.
  • Removed Toy Master exchange stores.
  • Event enemies from the The Worms Turn and Gateway to Nightmare dailies have had their Tough status removed.
  • Portals now spawn enemies much slower.
  • Added a healing component to the consumable devices dropped from event mobs.
  • Event Acolytes and Sorcerers can no longer shield.

FC.31.20200109.5
Nightmare Event
  • Put action figures into a reward pack.
  • Fixed a bug where the missions were not properly counting towards the costume missions.
  • Fixed a bug with the Eclipse costume unlock.
  • Action Figures dropped from mobs now drop in a reward box.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

BBCode:
[color="#ff0000"]Bug
Where it happens
What happens[/color]

HTML:
<font color="#ff0000">Bug
Where it happens
What happens</font>

Please format any suggestions you have in the following format:
Suggestion
Your suggestion

BBCode:
[color="#4a86e8"]Suggestion
Your suggestion[/color]

HTML:
<font color="#4a86e8">Suggestion
Your suggestion</font>

​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User

Nightmare Invasion Event
    • Increased the amount of currency you get from completing the Colossus open mission to 15, but the amount received is greatly reduced after completing it 3 times.
    • Event enemies from the The Worms Turn and Gateway to Nightmare dailies have had their Tough status removed.

May I request for the reasoning behind each of these changes? I'm simply agasp at the conflicting purposes​​
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Added account unlock versions of costume transforms and emotes to the event store. These are sold at a high price.
    Ya, I say, they cost 2000 Elysium Coins each, but they are good to have, especially for people who overfarm tokens :grimace:
    Huge Plus, thank you :+1:

Update: The Titles from Transformations and Emotes ALSO unlock for all characters account wide (takes some time for the unlock to kick in)
    :+1:
    New Mission: Complete the Colossus Mission 10 times. Grants a Chaos Imp loyal sidekick.

imp
    /ɪmp/
    noun
    a small, mischievous devil or sprite.

What the hell are you Feeding this guy? Why is it so massive?
    Is his size working as Intended?
    EDIT: it is, works better with the animation and hitbox
    5GCcshz.png

BUG: Chaos Imp is currently using L1L-D0GG13's bio​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • leuchadegoutiereleuchadegoutiere Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    I fear the cooldown and spawn change will make this very unenjoyable for me, just like is Bloodmoon and Winter event, where the zones are too crowded for everybody. You don't get you chance to do your mission before waiting for very long time, or even enjoy a bit chain killing, which was fun to me :|
    @Leucha - Cascade, Praise, Gluh, Sanglots, Chernozem, Saadhaka, Ralsershei, La Lice, Cardinale and so on
    edited January 2020
    All the Skulls are gone from the vendor as the patch states, so I assume they are exlusive Colossus rewards drops now

Good thing I unlocked EVERYTHING from the last time
    New Mission: Complete Gateway to Nightmare daily 5 times. Grants the Lance costume.
    New Mission: Complete The Worms Turn daily 5 times. Grants the Bone Mantis costume. (Available week 2).
    New Mission: Complete the Colossus Mission 10 times. Grants a Chaos Imp loyal sidekick.
    Actually really Interesting Reward Mechanic
    But since there is no new costume to the vendor, everything is going to the account wide unlocks + transformations

Big fan of the Lance and the fact it unlocks for Multi weapon types except of Laser Swords
    as TK skin it makes it even easier to match thematically with the TK Lance and Lance Rain visuals for Melee+Range

The Mantis Head is omnious, but I embrace more insectoids-heads :+1:
    Lsi4Hit.png​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • avianos wrote: »
    Added account unlock versions of costume transforms and emotes to the event store. These are sold at a high price.
    Ya, I say, they cost 2000 Elysium Coins each, but they are good to have, especially for people who overfarm tokens :grimace:
    Huge Plus, thank you :+1:

Update: The Titles from Transformations and Emotes ALSO unlock for all characters account wide (takes some time for the unlock to kick in)
    :+1:

imp
    /ɪmp/
    noun
    a small, mischievous devil or sprite.

What the hell are you Feeding this guy? Why is it so massive?
    Is his size working as Intended?
    5GCcshz.png

BUG: Chaos Imp is currently using L1L-D0GG13's bio​​

My demon summoner will thank you for the permanent pet!
    edited January 2020
    Eclipse Crown now has an attachment option and additional materials.
    The Crown looks very good now with the option to remove the attachment :grin:
    Vehicles in the event store are all now bind on pickup
    Now for the Negatives
    The Event Vehicles are Character Bound! If you want those Vehicles to become available for Account Wide you need to Upgrade them to Mark 2 whin Tune-Up Kit

Well I see the reasoning behind this, that's a clever way to make the Tune-Up Kits more popular from the store
    Removed Toy Master exchange stores.
    I do NOT like this change however, not because of the Event Token resources but because Toy master was really good way to get rid of the Junk for Titles (which are now unobtainable because of the removal)​​
  • avianos wrote: »
    All the Skulls are gone from the vendor as the patch states, so I assume they are exlusive Colossus rewards drops now

Good thing I unlocked EVERYTHING from the last time
    New Mission: Complete Gateway to Nightmare daily 5 times. Grants the Lance costume.
    New Mission: Complete The Worms Turn daily 5 times. Grants the Bone Mantis costume. (Available week 2).
    Actually really Interesting Reward Mechanic
    But since there is no new costume to the vendor, everything is going to the account wide unlocks + transformations

Big fan of the Lance and the fact it unlocks for Multi weapon types except of Laser Swords
    as TK skin it makes it even easier to match thematically with the TK Lance and Lance Rain visuals for Melee+Range

The Mantis Head is omnious, but I embrace more insectoids-heads :+1:
    Lsi4Hit.png​​

With that lance I can now make a proper Hoplite
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Removing the costumes and most AFs from mob drops will cut down on inventory junk (which is the main reason for the toy exchange) but if there's remaining AF drops, might want to make them sellable, or make it so there's a stackable reward box dropped instead of a (non-stackable) AF.
  • leuchadegoutiereleuchadegoutiere Posts: 136 Arc User
    Bug :
    Crown Eclipse doesn't have additionnal attachment on female character
    @Leucha - Cascade, Praise, Gluh, Sanglots, Chernozem, Saadhaka, Ralsershei, La Lice, Cardinale and so on
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    Suggestion
    reduce knockback on the colossus or change its mechanics to not be chiefly knockback-focused. I don't know if the most heroic image of a superhero fight is 'back against the wall being reamed by a chicken skeleton.'
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• shapey#5696 shapey Posts: 55 Arc User
    After some calculation and grueling field testing, I've concluded that farming is still a harsh mess. And given the numbers I've crunched, a casual gathering of simply doing dailies will leave you far behind for the oh-so glorious new items; Account-wides.
    Suggestion
    Reduce Account-Wide rewards to 1400 Event Currency, or make Horrors/Elder Worms less of a struggle to fight by yourself.

Making them non-elite did not make them easier.
    lezard21 wrote: »

Nightmare Invasion Event

May I request for the reasoning behind each of these changes? I'm simply agasp at the conflicting purposes

Ok, now that I am back home I can /rant/ to my heart's content.

So the recent expiration on event currencies was to encourage player participation. With that in mind I must ask...
    [*] Increased the amount of currency you get from completing the Colossus open mission to 15, but the amount received is greatly reduced after completing it 3 times.
    Why?
    Tanks were already on high demand for events, with this change whatever 10-15 players that played Tanks during events now will play them even less.
    [*] Event enemies from the The Worms Turn and Gateway to Nightmare dailies have had their Tough status removed.
    [*] Event Acolytes and Sorcerers can no longer shield.
    Why?
    You can already solo 97% of the game. Events are supposed to be things the community does together. How does this work towards encouraging participation? Not to mention that this change screws up pure healer builds. They can still not solo the mobs, but the difference was that before at least they were seeked out by teams to do these quests.
    [*] Retired many items from the event store.
    [*] Retired all costumes from event mob drops.
    [*] Vehicles in the event store are all now bind on pickup.
    [*] Removed Toy Master exchange stores.
    WHY?????
    The only way this would work towards "encourage player participation" is if you assume that the majority of the playerbase is composed of only old players, which would not be a wrong assumption, but now you are also actively discouraging new players from participating in events by removing costumes they might be after and placing them on the paper roulette. And why is there not an option to buy account bound vehicles at a higher cost like you did with Emotes and Transformations? Why are vehicles now cancer? Takofanes Chair and Lotus Blossom were BoP because they were supposed to be vanity cosmetic items, so what's the reasoning behind making the 50 different color skins of the NI vehicle BoP?​​
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Will it be announced when something is in its last rotation for the year? NI is supposed to run more than once, so we can save tokens from the first run for the second, but saving after what turns out to be the last yearly instance would be annoying (unless the spend your leftovers event is also going to be yearly, in which case less of an issue).
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    With that lance, Skewer suddenly looks appealing right now.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
    edited January 2020
    With that lance, Skewer suddenly looks appealing right now.
    Just when I finished leveling a Skewer Red Mage Builds using Trident as weapon

More weapons for HW like this and LESS Quirky please, we still don't have the basic weapons like Polearms and Spears​​
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
    Will it be announced when something is in its last rotation for the year? NI is supposed to run more than once, so we can save tokens from the first run for the second, but saving after what turns out to be the last yearly instance would be annoying (unless the spend your leftovers event is also going to be yearly, in which case less of an issue).

The Reprint event will likely run at the end of every year.​​
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
    Re: Retired Items
    Events will be retiring older items, this was mentioned when the Trade Paperback box was being tested. Many of those retired items will eventually wind up in the Trade Paperback store.

Re: Mob Difficulty
    We toned down the enemies a bit (this mostly affects higher levels), but please keep in mind these tasks are meant to be done with teams. If you are having difficulty running them solo, seek out other players to help!​​
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Bug
    *Turning in quest (I turn in the Worm one) did not tick (1/5) on the Nightmare Costume quest. It remain (0/5)
    *There two Nightmare Costume: Lance, even though one is the head piece.

x01kL9x.jpg

At least the Drifter Currency Exchange, which is found at the event store and not from Drifter himself, is working properly.

edited January 2020
    Just tested the new mob difficulty. They are soloable by just about any DPS build, including my troll full pet build.

Not by healers or support ATs though. DPS will solo this as soon as the quests become available, and then healers will sit hours on end in zone trying to find someone that can spare 10 minutes out of their "2000 tokens for account bound emote before year ends" grind to help them complete their quests.

Making things easier doesn't encourage people to team up. I think Cosmics are the living proof of this (ie. they were camped and soloed by 1 player only upon spawn vs people forming raids to fight them)​​
  • datuveedatuvee Posts: 4 Arc User
    Is there a way that 2000 was determined to be the right value for the new account-wide unlocks? Seems fairly steep to me considering things like costume pieces and the like that are account-wide are only 400, and there are single-character unlocks that are 100. Not sure who would be interested in trying to unlock things that are 2000 currency for something that they may only use on a handful of characters.
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    :o
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Just tested the new mob difficulty. They are soloable by just about any DPS build, including my troll full pet build.

Not by healers or support ATs though. DPS will solo this as soon as the quests become available, and then healers will sit hours on end in zone trying to find someone that can spare 10 minutes out of their "2000 tokens for account bound emote before year ends" grind to help them complete their quests.

Making things easier doesn't encourage people to team up. I think Cosmics are the living proof of this (ie. they were camped and soloed by 1 player only upon spawn vs people forming raids to fight them)​​

Did you have someone that usually has trouble soloing something like this try it, or did you only use yourself and other people who were already able to solo it as the test sample? I mean, you did at least have someone other than you in that sample, right?
  • lunnylunnylunnylunny Posts: 186 Arc User
    Oh the lance... Oh.... oh my heart... it's... it's beautiful.
    edited January 2020
    I fear the cooldown and spawn change will make this very unenjoyable for me, just like is Bloodmoon and Winter event, where the zones are too crowded for everybody. You don't get you chance to do your mission before waiting for very long time, or even enjoy a bit chain killing, which was fun to me :|

I relate to this, I don't even bother going after Takofanes and Clarence because by the week they spawns I had enough tokens and I don't want to deal with hunting them! During this Winter event I didn't even bothered killing a single Clarence

Also Bloodmoon has CRYPTS and Undread heroes to keep us busy, something which Nightmare Invansion doesn't offer once you are done with the regular dailies​​
  • mordray001mordray001 Posts: 218 Arc User

That's a rather broad qualifier... can you define it better?

Can any DPS AT do it? At any level? What builds were tested? What levels and gearing? What about hybrid ATs?
    spinnytop wrote: »

Making things easier doesn't encourage people to team up. I think Cosmics are the living proof of this (ie. they were camped and soloed by 1 player only upon spawn vs people forming raids to fight them)

Did you have someone that usually has trouble soloing something like this try it, or did you only use yourself and other people who were already able to solo it as the test sample? I mean, you did at least have someone other than you in that sample, right?

I used my troll pet build DPS. If my troll pet build can solo it but you as a DPS can't, then it's a build problem a not a mob difficulty problem.​​
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User

Making things easier doesn't encourage people to team up. I think Cosmics are the living proof of this (ie. they were camped and soloed by 1 player only upon spawn vs people forming raids to fight them)

I used my troll pet build DPS. If my troll pet build can solo it but you as a DPS can't, then it's a build problem a not a mob difficulty problem.​​

Pet builds are really good at soloing tho...
    Pet builds are really good at soloing tho...

It checks out because I just attempted to solo the dailies with my Necromancer-Darkness Healer and my Pet-Summoner and it went pretty good​​
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    ]Suggestion:

Give Mantis Head eyes the Qularr hexagon option (but not just skin metal like they currently have)

​​
  • heartstringsk3heartstringsk3 Posts: 149 Arc User
    I know this isn't usually the kind of thing that gets changed, but would you guys consider dropping the price for the Account Unlock emotes by a bit if you notice not many are getting it? I understand it's not supposed to be easy to get, but with the changes to only being able to do the Colossus event three times a day... pretty sure the only way to get enough for one of them is to wait for the next run of the Nightmare event this year and also probably not buy anything else to save up. Even 1500 would make it so much more doable!

Alternatively, assuming this won't change, will the cost be cheaper for events that run only one time a year like Anniversary, Blood Moon, Foxbatcon, and Winter? It'd be much harder to save up for them during those.
  • terminatorxiiterminatorxii Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Bug:
    Nightmare Colossus
    • Shadow Claw summons ignores the Freedom! buff granted by one another after Nailed To The Ground debuff Expires.
    • Shadow Claw summons seem to have a knock attack that doesn't grant knock resistance observed while using a vehicle in the center of the mass of Shadow Claw summons.
    Post edited by terminatorxii on
  • vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    Plenty of dps builds can't solo nightmare portals. Just because you build your dps like a tank and then stick it in dps role doesn't mean everyone does the same. :P
This discussion has been closed.