What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Feedback Thread: Power Changes

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
edited January 2020 in PTS - The Archive

FC.31.20200109.1

Powers
Perception Debuff Powers
  • These powers now share a linked cooldown.
  • Perception debuff effects can no longer stack from multiple sources.

Vapor Form
  • Removed all prior effects this power had.
  • Now a toggle ability.
  • Grants flight.
  • Wipes threat from nearby targets initially.
  • Boosts damage resistance.
  • Taking damage applies Chill to targets.
  • Cannot use any powers while active.
  • Increased cooldown to 90 seconds (from 60).
  • Invigorating Chill: Now applies Cold Snap when this power expires.
  • New Advantage (2): Applies Restoration.

New Power: Veil of Mist
  • Wind Framework
  • Creates a cloud mist that reduces the perception of targets for a short time.
  • Advantage (2): Turns this power into a threat wipe.
  • Advantage (2): Chance to apply Chill to targets.

New Power: Veil of Darkness
  • Darkness Framework
  • Advantage (2): Chance to apply Fear to targets.

New Power: Tear Down
  • Bestial Framework
  • Short ranged lunge. Chance to apply Bleed to targets.

Gas Arrow
  • Updated tooltip to state its perception debuff values.

Smoke Grenade
  • Fixed missing tooltip values.

New Power: Frost Bite/Cold Front
  • Teleportation Power
  • Available in Questionite Store

FC.31.20200109.2

Misc
  • Fixed a bug with Emily Lovett that prevented her from exiting when defeated.

Powers
  • Fixed a bug where Veil of Darkness didn't go on long cooldown with the threat wipe advantage.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

BBCode:
[color="#ff0000"]Bug
Where it happens
What happens[/color]

HTML:
<font color="#ff0000">Bug
Where it happens
What happens</font>

Please format any suggestions you have in the following format:
Suggestion
Your suggestion

BBCode:
[color="#4a86e8"]Suggestion
Your suggestion[/color]

HTML:
<font color="#4a86e8">Suggestion
Your suggestion</font>

​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User

Tear Down
    -Not fond of short lunges since melee can just run towards target. Would be nice to have it like Pounce but probably would make Pounce redundant.
    -Tooltip should probably mention the target cap. Currently it says "Targets Foe" but the description says "Lunges at target dealing dmg and to enemies within 15ft cone behind target.
    Suggestion:
    Would probably be neat to have an Open Wound or Messy adv

Veil of Mist/Darkness
    Bug(?):
    The power's cd doesn't change to 1min when threat wipe adv is taken.

Vfx are barely recognizable.

Frost Bite/Cold Front
    -I don't see the difference between the two...
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    So, vapor form has had its useless effects replaced by a different set of... useless effects.

Why not just change this to a travel power? Actually, all travel powers that block or limit power use should have a defensive effect -- teleport and tunneling get stealth, but bat flight, shadow skull flight, and wild speed don't have any advantages to offset their drawbacks.
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    WildSpeed is faster than Superspeed variants, so there's that​​
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
    Frost Bite/Cold Front
    Cold Front acts like your typical teleport in which no one can see you. Frost Bite, however, let players see you use it ie Vapor Form.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Vapor Form
    Removed all prior effects this power had.
    Now a toggle ability.
    Grants flight.
    Wipes threat from nearby targets initially.
    Boosts damage resistance.
    Taking damage applies Chill to targets.
    Cannot use any powers while active.
    Increased cooldown to 90 seconds (from 60).
    Invigorating Chill: Now applies Cold Snap when this power expires.
    New Advantage (2): Applies Restoration.

Restoration has no place in 90 SECONDS POWERS, this is just a waste of time and ADV points
    This is as counterproductive as giving Lance Rain Knock down as an ADV instead of innate ability
    even worse consider ICE has no self healing and Restoration powers
    qawsada wrote: »
    Frost Bite/Cold Front
    Cold Front acts like your typical teleport in which no one can see you. Frost Bite, however, let players see you use it ie Vapor Form.
    I wish the description could state it
    even though Frost Bite does mention healing is less effective on you at this state, meaning players can target you​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    So, vapor form has had its useless effects replaced by a different set of... useless effects.

You can't even use powers, I thought this was changed to work like Master of the Mind and Feral Rage with this Damage Resistance it grands
    but it complety locks out of combat
    as you said, taking a useless power and making it even more useless

This is not a good power, 60 seconds CD and the duration is only 10 seconds

Suggestion: Make vapor form in the same category as Master of the Mind and Feral Rage while being usable in combat
    as it stands right now it's just an overwelming Threat Whipe with 60 seconds CD and a restoration adv​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    Wind Framework
    Darkness Framework[/color]

Suggestion: Give both of those powers Restoration ADV
    Suggestion: Give both of those powers a knock down-back adv like Smoke Bomb from Martial Arts! My reason is the threat Wipe can completely fail in melee range

Once again, ICE right now has no Restoration access and the timer CD for both is perfect
    Give option for ICE users to use this either as a Threat Wipe or Self Healing source

BUG: Veil of Mist - Fade Away ADV
    The Cooldown of the power after being converted into a Threat Wipe is incontinent
    It can be 15 seconds, 30 seconds or 1 Minute

This was tested both with and without the Chilled Air ADV and still get different CDs every time
    New Power: Tear Down
    Bestial Framework
    Short ranged lunge. Chance to apply Bleed to targets.
    Nice animation, I wish Pounce had this animation instead of the silly one
    Not a fan of short range lunges because how anward they feell and as it stands right now this power has no adv for a 15 seconds lunge
    Suggestion: Give Restoration ADV to Tear Down 15 seconds, come on now this is the perfect power to put Restoration
    Suggestion: Give Bleed-Refresh adv to Tear Down
    Suggestion: Give Shredded-Refresh adv to Tear Down

I will take this over chains reskins (Barbed Lariat) any day. Both have the same range (25 feet)

Compare it to Elbow Slam (which is 20 foot lunge) Tear down right now gives really low Utility beyond being a very nice animated power​​
  • nyghtshroude#9048 nyghtshroude Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    I wish I could see these new powers in action. I don't have access to a free form slot to demo them for myself. I tried to fight some New Shadows myself and I think I saw Immortals use an attack that looked like a red flash and they lunge at you, is that Veil of Darkness

I wasn't alive long enough to see Bloodgorgers use their new one or couldn't tell
    edited January 2020
    GOAkp5t.gif
    Cool animation, Lucklasting Utilities, what's the point of it?
    You can't really appriciate the animation neither is such short range (shame that Pounce is so goofy in comparison)
    The Chance to apply bleed scales with the power's Rank (50%, 75% and 100%) which is weird but fine i guess
    15 Seconds by default
    The problem is it comes with no special utility advs beyond the default Challenge, Breakthrought and Accelator
    yEjrDRh.png

I beg you give it a Restoration ADV, this is bare bones and definetly not a DPS power ( ._.)
    Give it all Barbed Lariat's advs, I want to use Tear Down instead of chains​​
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 632 Arc User

Vapor Form
    • Removed all prior effects this power had.
    • Now a toggle ability.
    • Grants flight.
    • Wipes threat from nearby targets initially.
    • Boosts damage resistance.
    • Taking damage applies Chill to targets.
    • Cannot use any powers while active.
    • Increased cooldown to 90 seconds (from 60).
    • Invigorating Chill: Now applies Cold Snap when this power expires.
    • New Advantage (2): Applies Restoration.

​​

It looks like Vapor Form is the new AoE threat wipe for Ice, similar to Cower in Beastial, with some additional utility/flavor thrown in. The mechanics were already there, so why not? If the flight works during a Kiga storm, the additional utility could be a good "Oh shoot!" button for an emergency exit from the platform when the dogs get loose.

I would consider it for the 50' AoE threat wipe alone and prefer it as an option over a reskinned single target threat wipe.

• spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 632 Arc User

• Wind Framework
    • Advantage (2): Chance to apply Chill to targets.

• Darkness Framework
    • Advantage (2): Chance to apply Fear to targets.

​​

The visual effects for Veil of Mist/Darkness are pretty subtle, at least in the powerhouse training room.

Suggestion
    Maybe make the clouds a little more pronounced.

• deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    Perception Debuff powers... interesting choice. If I recall right, they don't find a lot of use due to how the enemy AI is treated nowadays. They either easily walk out of its effects (AI moving to last known location of target) or straight up ignore it (Tough-class mobs/Bosses). I remember using Smoke Grenade a lot as a Soldier AT back in the day with very little success due to these issues.

At best, they can temporarily be forced to retarget someone much closer, but they will immediately turn their attention back to the user the moment they escape the effects. I'm not sure of the best way to approach these powers, but perhaps an innate Snare effect could help keep enemies in the area?

I don't think Vapor form's changes really help its case. Don't get me wrong, it does a lot now, but the long cooldown associated with it makes it a poor-man's Active Defense. Personally, I'd see it more useful as a utility-based toggle.

Vapor Form
    + When toggled, grants the user moderate damage resistance and deals minor cold damage to enemies within 15 Feet of the user.
    + Enemies that take damage have a chance to be Chilled.
    + Grants flight comparable to Rank 1 Flight In Combat.
    - While active, drains energy over time.
    - When deactivated, the power is placed on a 15 second cooldown.
    - Cannot use other powers while active.
    Advantage: 2 Points - Dealing damage to targets affected by Chilled returns Health to the user.
    Advantage: 3 Points - Upon exiting Vapor Form, Shatters nearby Ice Objects and foes affected by Chilled.
    Advantage: 2 Points - When first activating the power, wipes threat from nearby targets. Imposes a 90 Second Cooldown on the power when deactivated and shares a 30 second cooldown with other threat wipe powers.

Ideally, something like this would be better suited for Ice. The player becomes a slow-moving mist, chilling foes and becoming hard to pin down. The advantages allow for different survival tactics, letting the user sustain their Health by sapping the strength of foes under their chilling influence or by entering safety for a moment and returning for some extra damage with good Shatter setups. Or, at least the Shatter bit would make sense if Ice Objects didn't disappear when they fail to CC a target, but that's beside the point.​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    It's true, the visuals for Veil of Mist and Darkness are really subtle, too subtle in fact​​
  • There's a power from Darkness that already lets you pop out of the shadows and strike. How is this Veil of Darkness any different? The current one also has a fear advantage. Is the Veil of Mist trying to replicate the cloud Immortals turn into when you kill them?
  • lunnylunnylunnylunny Posts: 186 Arc User
    Vapor Form wipes your threat, so why does it give you the ability to chill enemies that *hit* you?

Suggestion
    If anything, all of these would be perhaps more interesting if they had an advantage to turn them into threat boosters and/or resistance boosters that 'apply a debuff' on getting hit (or a chance on getting hit).

That all being said, more threat wipes are welcome. Not sure about the whole perception stuff since I've never played around with it (is it for PvP? Does it even work PvE?) after 8+ years of playing this, but hey, new powers are always welcome.
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2020
    Threat Wipes wipe your aggro from an enemy threat table. If you are the only target around, they will go back to attacking you. If there are other targets around, they will switch over the the next target with the highest aggro.

The Placate effect prevents enemies from attacking you.

Perception debuffs do work in pve.​​
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Perception debuffs do work in pve.​​

Ironically now that you have nerfed them, I have become interested in figuring out how to use them while soloing the warzone u3u
    edited January 2020
    FC.31.20200109.2 - NIGHTMARE INVASION EVENT
    Powers
    Fixed a bug where Veil of Darkness didn't go on long cooldown with the threat wipe advantage.

BUG: The fix didn't work! Now Veil of Darkness + Fade into Darkness ADV suffers from the same inconsistent Cooldown like Veil of Mista which have the power set into 15 seconds instead of 1 minute

BUG: Veil of Mist with Fade Away ADV still has inconsistent Cooldown

Here is some GIFs, the bug is not persistent, sometimes the Cooldown will be right, notice the CD icon on the power
    Vv2Ranz.gifMIenU9z.gif​​
  • criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Suggestion
    Add Veil of Mist to the Squall's Power progression as a choice

Suggestion
    Add Veil of Darkness to the Midnight's Power progression as a choice

Suggestion
    Add Vapor Form to the Icicle's Power progression as a choice

Suggestion
    Add Tear Down as a choice to the Savage and Predator with Pounce

Suggestion
    Add a new choice to the Marksman at level 30 between Evassive Maneuvers and Taser Arrow.

Suggestion
    Pretty Please create a basic lunge with Deadly Drop Attack device for Martial Arts Claws
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
    I really hope you are not planning to release those tomorrow as they are right now!

Tear Down STILL needs useful Advs
    Fancy animation and AOE don't make up for the CD and short lunge​​
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Suggestion
    Make Tear Down's adv and range exactly like Vicious Descent.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
    edited February 2020
    Making it into a 50 Feet lunge like Vicious Descent would be so much better, in fact making it as a counterpart and having it apply Furious in one way or another

Why wasting such unique animation on 25 foot lunge?
    Restoration still needed as adv

You know this is the moments I wish the Emanation point system could be revisited so we had a choice to switch Pounce's animation into Tear Down's, but i understand the code is spaghettios​​
This discussion has been closed.